Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 739
  1. #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Kept getting local only issue (Vista machine), which was problem with My Tether as well. Nothing seemed to fix, but (duh) finally updated drivers for wifi on the laptop and got the HotSpot to work at next try...
    Dang it; IT updated work PC to Windows 7 and now having same issue with local only. Going too try drivers first...
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  2. #642  
    I heard an update for WebOS is coming out soon. is this considered a patch where i'd have to delete it before updating?
  3. #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by shermbe View Post
    I heard an update for WebOS is coming out soon. is this considered a patch where i'd have to delete it before updating?
    What he asked...
  4. davez57's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by shermbe View Post
    I heard an update for WebOS is coming out soon. is this considered a patch where i'd have to delete it before updating?
    What he asked X2.
  5. #645  
    werd... x3

    I'm about to install MHS on my wife's Pre for a trip she's taking next week... unless I can avoid her Pre updating, this is a big concern.
  6. #646  
    Had this solution installed on 1.4.1.1, and after my OTA update, it appears to still be working for me.

    Edit: In fact I wrote this post using it.
  7. #647  
    I uninstalled MHS and freetetherd before the 1.4.5 update - now can't install freetetherd. Can't reinstall uberkernel either.
  8. #648  
    f-it, I locked down the updates for now.

    instructions here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-updates.html
  9. #649  
    Just installed 1.4.5 about 10 min ago. Never tried MHS until now. Installed perfectly fine and using it right now. Works without a problem
  10. #650  
    My mobile hotspot just opens to a blank white screen after 1.4.5 update. Any ideas?
  11. #651  
    Have you tried uninstalling, restarting, and then reinstalling mobile hotspot?
  12. imanexus's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #652  
    I see there are things I have been missing. I installed 1.4.5 then I found this thread! The directions couldn't have been more clearly written.

    Everything seems to be working so far in 1.4.5! My sincere gratitude to all that made this possible.

    MP
  13. #653  
    I updated to 1.4.5 on my Sprint Pre this morning and did not remove MHS.
    After all was said and done, I was able to continue to use MHS (tested it on a wifi iPad).
    No removal needed at all (in my case).
  14. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #654  
    Thinking I had broken MHS, I reinstalled it today several times in an attempt to get my iPad to connect (and receive a valid IP), but to no avail. So this afternoon, I tried connecting the work laptop and the connection worked perfectly. But the iPad? Still no go (receiving the ever troubling 169.x.x.x address).

    Thoughts?
  15. #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I updated to 1.4.5 on my Sprint Pre this morning and did not remove MHS.
    After all was said and done, I was able to continue to use MHS (tested it on a wifi iPad).
    No removal needed at all (in my case).
    I had the same result. Works perfectly without doing anything on my Sprint Pre Minus running 1.4.5.
  16. #656  
    I left it inplace when I updated to 1.4.5 and all worked fine after the update. All my devices connect just fine. (iPad, Macbook Pro)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  17. #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    Thinking I had broken MHS, I reinstalled it today several times in an attempt to get my iPad to connect (and receive a valid IP), but to no avail. So this afternoon, I tried connecting the work laptop and the connection worked perfectly. But the iPad? Still no go (receiving the ever troubling 169.x.x.x address).

    Thoughts?
    Not sure. MHS worked with an iPad the first time I loaded it (1.4.1.1) and still works after the Sprint 1.4.5 update.

    My only possible recommendation is to have your iPad "forget" the Pre MHS connection; then add it again as a new connection. Perhaps in all your 're-installs' you altered something slightly and now the old connection details on the iPad are not the same.
  18. #658  
    I also left it installed before the update and it still worked afterwards.
  19. #659  
    so the general consensus is that mhs still works fine on 1.4.5, thats the only thing holding me back from updating at the moment
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  20. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Not sure. MHS worked with an iPad the first time I loaded it (1.4.1.1) and still works after the Sprint 1.4.5 update.

    My only possible recommendation is to have your iPad "forget" the Pre MHS connection; then add it again as a new connection. Perhaps in all your 're-installs' you altered something slightly and now the old connection details on the iPad are not the same.
    Tried that as well, with no luck. The strangest thing: before the update, MHS would register the iPad connecting as it's nickname, now it registers the MAC address.

    My solution was to use a static route, noting in ifconfig on the Pre that the default gateway was .11 (not .1).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions