Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Wow, quick installed those two files, restarted my phone and Pow it's done. With my unlimited data plan on Bell I'll be using this a lot.

Cheers,
    vespacar
    Can someone with 1.4.5 and an iPad please test to see if the downstream problem has been fixed? I only get around 128kbps down with 1.4.1 and iOS 3 on my iPad. It's funny because I get close to 700kbps up. lol

I'm on Sprint BTW but I don't think the carrier really matters.

TIA
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Anyone d/l the Sprint MHS app recently? Specifically, OTA thru Preware? I used this feature a few weeks ago and it worked great. Trying to reload the MHS today (after visiting the doctor last night) and in Preware...it hangs on the spinning "downloading / installing"
    This is the IPKG log:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 207 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:14 --:--:-- 0
    101 5883 101 5883 0 0 392 0 0:00:15 0:00:14 0:00:01 7781
    Thanks! I installed Preware, freetetherd and mobilehotspot through WebOS QI. I turned mobilehotspot on. Now what do I do? Do I go to my laptop (Windows 7) plug my phone in and then I'll be connected? I read somewhere that I have to install usb passthrough. How do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Anyone d/l the Sprint MHS app recently? Specifically, OTA thru Preware? I used this feature a few weeks ago and it worked great. Trying to reload the MHS today (after visiting the doctor last night) and in Preware...it hangs on the spinning "downloading / installing"
    I take it you're trying to reinstall it in Preware via your Saved Package List? The Sprint Patched MHS isn't on any feeds, so Preware doesn't know where to look for it. It has this same problem with LostFM. You need to remove it from the saved package list, and install it manually using either Preware's Install Package menu option, Internalz, or webOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shinto View Post
    im having the same problem, and my preware is updated to the latest version...what am i doing wrong?
    Did you get it running yet? The problem I had was with the Package Management Service which updated with the Preware update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy219 View Post
    Thanks! I installed Preware, freetetherd and mobilehotspot through WebOS QI. I turned mobilehotspot on. Now what do I do? Do I go to my laptop (Windows 7) plug my phone in and then I'll be connected? I read somewhere that I have to install usb passthrough. How do I do that?
    You don't need to install usb passthrough or anything like that; all you have to do is determine whether if you want the MHS to be closed, you will have to set up password and then whenever connected to MHS - you will have to type in the password, it is secured.. Or you can leave it open so your friends or whoever could connect to your Pre to use the MHS.. To turn it on, all you have to do is turn MHS on then get on your laptop and connect it to 'webOS (whatever numbers)'..
    Did this just now and my boss was able to connect his iTouch to my mobile hotspot. This is freakin awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    I take it you're trying to reinstall it in Preware via your Saved Package List? The Sprint Patched MHS isn't on any feeds, so Preware doesn't know where to look for it. It has this same problem with LostFM. You need to remove it from the saved package list, and install it manually using either Preware's Install Package menu option, Internalz, or webOS Quick Install.
    Actually no...I am trying a fresh install not an install via saved package list.
    Thats why the OTA issue is puzzling.

EDIT:
    Finally worked. Dont know the cause of the d/l and install trouble; perhaps server side issues.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 08/04/2010 at 12:35 PM.
    Might be a dumb question.... But if your running 800/500 screenstate with the screen off would it effect the actual usage of the mobile hotspots tethering?
    My phone keeps resetting when i go to reinstall the auto-ip forwarding?? Is the phone rejecting the installation?? I really need some help if someone can help me that will settle my troubles thanks.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    *****Limited Connectivity Fix*****

HA! I think I finally figured it out. I'm not exactly sure which part of this ACTUALLY fixed it, but as of right now, i'm posting on my laptop through my Pre.

For the life of me I could not get the internet to actually work on my computer through this. My computer would connect to the Pre just fine, but not be able to use the internet. M computer would tell me I had limited connectivity.

Anyway, here was what I finally did:
    1. Install the apps at the beginning of this thread (freetetherd, mobilehotspot)
    2. Install FreeTether through Preware (ensure ip-forwarding is enabled)
    3. Install Terminal through Preware
    4. Open Terminal and type 'enable usbnet'. It will ask to reboot.
    5. Turn off your wifi
    6. Turn on Mobile Hotspot

At that point i was able to connect as before and Internet began to work!

I had tried this before and it didn't work, however the first time I tried it, I got the error message from Sprint saying I didn't have that plan, so I'm guessing that when you get that error message, it turns off usbnet, so you have to re-enable it. So if you get the message, just redo steps 4-6.

Also note, if you install the Windows driver, you can use the Pre as a USB Tether, which will help charge your battery while using the internet. Driver located: USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Just took a couple of minutes or so to install this. My speeds are not as fast as some, but I'm still pleased nonetheless...

So just to clarify, as I am relatively new to this kind of stuff and I don't want to get in trouble or do anything stupid, but if I choose to use my Pre as a hotspot/wireless access point, am I using Sprint or Verizon's network?

If I am using Sprint and I have the Simply Everything plan, I can realistically use it all I want, correct, since I have unlimited data and not be charged?

If I am using Verizon's network, is there a chance I could get in trouble or does this app/patch mask all that stuff?

Any clarification or such would be greatly appreciated!
    Ok. I feel totally defeated. I need help! have my Sprint Pre in developer mode and connected to my laptop and "just charging". I've downloaded the 2 files from the OP.
    Preware is installed on my phone. Loaded the 2 files in WebOS Quick Install and when I click install, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    I may have a different problem. I'm not sure WebOS Quick Install is working. I've downloaded and run the latest version twice but it won't install anything. It doesn't give me an option to reinstall Novacom or show Device Management. I can load files into the window but when I click to install, nothing happens.
    I'll search WOSQI and see if I can find anything on that.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    how does 1.4.5.1 rumored release affect this?

Do I have to uninstall it before updating??
    and
    Will it work with WebOS 1.4.5.1??

This app (and a few patches) may be the only thing keeping me from going to the EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitworth View Post
    I may have a different problem. I'm not sure WebOS Quick Install is working. I've downloaded and run the latest version twice but it won't install anything. It doesn't give me an option to reinstall Novacom or show Device Management. I can load files into the window but when I click to install, nothing happens.
    I'll search WOSQI and see if I can find anything on that.
    Just an idea? Instal through internalz.
    does this work with o2 UK 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitworth View Post
    Ok. I feel totally defeated. I need help! have my Sprint Pre in developer mode and connected to my laptop and "just charging". I've downloaded the 2 files from the OP.
    Preware is installed on my phone. Loaded the 2 files in WebOS Quick Install and when I click install, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    If you have preware (1.2.6 is what I have); you could have typed the 'real' URL into Preware's Install feature.

Once you are at the main Preware screen, tap upper left...you should have a choice to install package. Tap. Then enter the full URL (including http:// or whatever). Will d/l and install. I personally perform a reboot upon any install regardless of what Preware says.

That's it. The MHS app will appear on page 1 of your laucher. Open, set and use.