Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Many props -- much easier to use and implement than MyTether. I am wholly impressed!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zapawaf View Post
    Hi, I have the Pre on Sprint. I have the latest webos update and I just installed webos quick install, and installed the latest preware. But when I try to install those two things on webos quick install it doesnt let me in says something about bad staff?
    Do you have the phone in Developer Mode? When you hooked up the phone to your computer via USB, did you select Just Charge? (These are the easiest and most common mistakes -- sorry if they seem too obvious...)
    I am also have the same problem. I downloaded and installed the patches just as described. first the tether patch, then the mobile hotspot then the ip forwarding. however I still can not get connectivity to the internet. I've tried restarting phone and doing a repair to reset IP but still no luck.

can anyone help?
    [IMG][/IMG]

well i got it...however speeds are slooowww
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Confirming this is also working on the Sprint 1.4.5 version that has made it's way around the forums. I actually installed both of these by downloading the ipks from my ZumoDrive app on the Pre and then installed ipk's via the new Internalz. Works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingle1 View Post
    Do you have the phone in Developer Mode? When you hooked up the phone to your computer via USB, did you select Just Charge? (These are the easiest and most common mistakes -- sorry if they seem too obvious...)
    Yes, I had the phone in developer mode and selected just charge.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Having same problem.

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk installs fine

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk get an error message and not installed.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled - connects to win 7 laptop but no internet connectivity.

Are there newer files?

Here is the error message: Ack the bulletin board won't let me post images or links since I am a newbie.

+++++++++++
    Guess I don't read so well. Did not have Preware installed. Next, I installed the needed file and it works great!

1.64 down and 0.2 up.
    Last edited by Fullosseousflap; 07/27/2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Further clarification
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    werked GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!........Thanx alot
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    this has been working great for me for the past few weeks or actually more than a month. I haven't used it in a while and just now it said that I need a plan addition and should contact the carrier for help. Well I'm with Sprint so I can't contact them about this. Has anyone experienced this and what was your resolution?
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    WOW! I mean WOW! Very easy installation. The only problem was the same one frank_402 had on the first page and that was because my preware wasnt up to date. Was dine before the pizza in the oven finished
    Last edited by Balzak; 07/28/2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Just did this on my laptop with Vista 32 and my Sprint Pre and it worked like a charm!!! The only problem I had was some minor confusion on my part hunting for the Package Manager Service before I finally came across documentation indicating that it was included in Preware and therefore no longer appears in the repository with Preware.

Rockstar!
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    this has been working great for me for the past few weeks or actually more than a month. I haven't used it in a while and just now it said that I need a plan addition and should contact the carrier for help. Well I'm with Sprint so I can't contact them about this. Has anyone experienced this and what was your resolution?
    I had that pop up today also. I closed the app and restarted it and everything worked fine.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    is the 5gb down a month line in the sand a myth with an unlimited data plan?
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    WOW! I mean WOW! Very easy installation. The only problem was the same one frank_402 had on the first page and that was because my preware wasnt up to date. Was dine before the pizza in the oven finished
    im having the same problem, and my preware is updated to the latest version...what am i doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    You guys are DOPE!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantdunivan View Post
    is the 5gb down a month line in the sand a myth with an unlimited data plan?
    I been over 5GB a month a bunch times. I average around 5-10GB a month, maxed out at 32GB one month but I don't care.

If your worried I would stay under 5GB fot the month.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    So its been documented that everything can be done from Preware now that they have a text box you can paste into for installing files, right? I just copied and pasted and I'm all set after about a minute.

Sick!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Just installed this on my O2 UK Palm Pre running WebOS 1.4.5 and all is working well.
    Initially there was Local access but no internet.
    After a few connect/disconnects is seems to have fixed itself.

Thank you for this great App.
    A quick question for someone with the knowledge of Sprint data plans.. I have unlimited data plan; therefore it would be all right for me to go ahead and use MHS without any worrying about getting caught by Sprint or whatever?
    I use it every day, never had a problem.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!