Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    excellent work, i made it working with O2 UK palm pre, 3G speed is about 50K/S in my area, enough for steaming video etc.. Wish O2 doesn't charge extra though....

Cheers..
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sprint already blocked the update with a "not available in your country" error so many thanks to you.
    I got it to work! I love you for life.
    Didn't take them long...I got the not available in country thing also.

Still seems like everything is there to do it though...Mobile hotspot updated but not freetether
    I got the "not available in country" yesterday and I'm in US.

You don't have something loaded right, keep trying. I used old 1.35 MHS, after update to 1.4.1, went to Updates, saw one for this and loaded.
    Now be sure you have reloaded freeTetherD and Enable-IP patches. I had these on my phone, but they did not carry over with upgraded, whatever I have no idea, delete old and reload.
    Then try again. Mine worked, I fought this for a day, as a matter of fact, if you need better instructions, go to post that is closed, look under search for Mobile Hot Spot - best written.
    And thank him, he did a great job.
    when I click on the update file, it updates but then says that I need to delete some applications. What gives? Says I need 10.63 mb available. Is this anew Sprint block attempt?
    I can connect using my ZuneHD but it says that this is a local connection only. I've enabled IP forwarding in freeTether. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    go to post that is closed, look under search for Mobile Hot Spot - best written.
    And thank him, he did a great job.
    +1
    I can't believe they closed that thread.
    I'll have the repackaged MHS 1.0.14 .ipk after work if someone doesn't beat me to it if the update is really being blocked now (very easy to do if you know how ) I will upload it to a file sharing site tonight but I will not post the link on p|c so please don't ask me to.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ok i got the update, jason's patch, and the freetether service. Basically everything that was in the zip file before. Installed and i can connect to it from a computer but when i try to load a web page it stalls and takes to long??? any ideas on it????
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy Weapon View Post
    Didn't take them long...I got the not available in country thing also.

Still seems like everything is there to do it though...Mobile hotspot updated but not freetether
    to update MHS, you need to open up app catalog on your phone then click on the link in the bottom right corner-- that should open up apps you have installed and any available updates-- should have an option to update MHS through that and bypass the country error...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    Sprint already blocked the update with a "not available in your country" error so many thanks to you.
    I was able to update it last night via Sprint. Haven't tried connecting to the web yet, but the software launched correctly.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Update: Had to remove MHS and Freetether(D) and reinstall, but the laptop now connects via the Pre (on Sprint) with no problems. Thanks!
    any word on why I get the message that I need 10.63M of space after updating the file? It says i need to delete some apps to make room. I really don't have any significant apps as I'm sure this is a glitch.
    COOL COOL COOL... thanks! why do you need to disable hot spot and ip forwarding after you enable it?
    Hey,

When I try to turn it on it doesn't respond. What do I do/What did I do wrong?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have My Tether and it works fine in USB and wi-fi modes. Is there any advantage for me to remove MY Tether and install MHS? If so, should I remove MY Tether or can I install both on my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    i get an error when installing freetetherd
    I had that same issue last night.

I was able to fix it by installing the "Package Manager Service" that Preware uses, and then reattempting to install freetetherd in Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    I'm getting the following message:
    "This application not available in your country."
    Does that mean California is no longer a part of the USA?
    They allways said u west cost guys will fall into the ocean after the "big one" so looks like 1.4.1.1 was the big one....lol

i got to get me some fine nevada desert land and quick
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Sweet. Anybody with issues may just want to Doctor your phone real fast. It actually only took me about 1 hour to Doctor, install all files, update through App Catalog, and set my phone up with my favorite patches. I even have 800MHz overclock going. Man this is sweet. 1.3.5.1 used to get me 1.3Mb/s, but for some reason I'm getting 1.7Mb/s with 1.4.1.1. No complaints here. I'll take it. :-)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    ok i got the update, jason's patch, and the freetether service. Basically everything that was in the zip file before. Installed and i can connect to it from a computer but when i try to load a web page it stalls and takes to long??? any ideas on it????
    x2

I can't remember a time when I didn't exist, I will not remember a time when I cease to exist.

In my eyes, I am immortal.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast