Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    will the hotspot app work after webOS 1.4.5?
    Do you have to remove it before updating?
    the links are not working for me for some reason.

any ideas?
  3.    #523  
    I'm sorry everyone, I was linking to the files stored on Tonylmiller's webserver and he apparently took them down. I will reupload them somewhere as soon as possible and update my original post.

In regards to 1.4.5, it is not currently available for Sprint (although I read somewhere it was supposed to be released on Sprint on 7/7?). When 1.4.5 DOES finally get released on Sprint, I will update my phone and let you all know what happens and if Mobile Hotspot continues to work.

I'm sorry again for not keeping up with this thread, I've been too busy with other things to keep up with all of my threads. I didn't know the link was broken until someone PM'd me today, I'll fix that in the next few minutes though.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  4.    #524  
    Okay, I just updated my original post with new links to the files. Everyone that had trouble downloading them should be able to now.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    wow, this works great! this def helped pass the time during a 16hr road trip... much thanks!
    For whatever reason, tethering using this method does not work on the AT&T pixi. It appears to install correctly; the app opens; I can apparently connect to it from my XP netbook; but no Internet access to the netbook.

If somebody else has it working, please let me know how. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    For some reason I cant get the MHS slider to move from the off position to the on. Tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co1e View Post
    For some reason I cant get the MHS slider to move from the off position to the on. Tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing this?
    Finally got this after a new install today! Dont know why i didnt work yesterday after multiple installs. If you have the same problem as me just give it another go.
    Hi guys -- I'm new to Preware / Homebrew. I got this app to work perfectly on the first try, but I'm getting pretty slow download speeds. I'm at full signal strength on EVDO and am getting ~110kbps down. Upload is great though -- about 400kbps. What's up with this?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Still can't get this working.. removed and reinstalled ipks with webosqi.. can connect to the hotspot, but can't get an IP address.. trying to connect to a sprint pre from a dell latitude D630 with a Dell wireless 1505 Draft-N Wifi card.. anyone having or had similar issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post
    Hi guys -- I'm new to Preware / Homebrew. I got this app to work perfectly on the first try, but I'm getting pretty slow download speeds. I'm at full signal strength on EVDO and am getting ~110kbps down. Upload is great though -- about 400kbps. What's up with this?
    Install the "Unthrottle download manager" patch from Preware or WOSQI. That should fix your problem.

Speed is also dependent on the area you are in.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks works perfectly I am using the connection now on my laptop!!!!!!! Awsome app thanks again:0)
    Kaneadsha
    I'm trying to get this to work on my Pre on O2 UK.

It seems to install and setup ok but I can't seem to ever connect to it from my Windows 7 laptop. The laptop just keeps trying to connect, no devices appear under "Connected Devices" on the Pre and eventually the laptop says "unable to connect" troubleshooting the connection on the laptop doesn't help.

I've yet to try another computer to see if the laptop is the problem. The laptop connects to my normal router with no problems.

Anyone had this problem before?
    I had MHS working before I needed to doctor. Now I am trying it again this time with a PS3 and it is not able to obtain an IP. It is also throwing my Sprint Pre out of data connection, then when the 3G icon comes back the PS3 is too far gone through it's process to gain a solid connection.

Why is my Pre dropping it's data connection everytime my PS3 attempts to connect? Any ideas?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm having similar results to smknutson; my PC can connect to the MHS fine, but my Nintendo DSi can't. I noticed that both system's initial connect cause the Pre to drop EVDO connection, but with the PC it stays connected, waits a few seconds, and then is able to talk to the internet. The DSi doesn't; when the Pre drops EVDO, it drops the connection to the Pre.

Any advice other than "Just be happy your PC works?"
    Just installed this on my Pre, works smoothly, infact much faster than my home wireless internet (which I'm only at two bars on).
    I am gettting a "No Sharing Service" - "Sharing and Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help."
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    My XP laptop appears to be able to connect to my Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1, however it gives me a warning saying it has limited connectivity, which I'm guessing means that it can't connect to the internet. I do see the EV icon, and while hotspot is on, i can still browse the web on my phone.

I'm using:
    Mobile Hotspot 1.0.14
    freeTetherD Service 0.0.3
    auto-enable IP Forwarding 1.4.1.1-2

Anyone have an actual solution or way to troubleshoot this problem without cursing it into submission? It seems there are a lot of people that get stuck at this step.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by originaljohnny View Post
    I am gettting a "No Sharing Service" - "Sharing and Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help."
    A search of the rest of this thread shows that a few possible solutions have been found:

Ensure you're using the patched version of MHS
    Try restarting your phone
    Turn off Bluetooth
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    wicketr, I don't think you need the auto-enable IP forwarding; from the OP it sounds like it's pre-applied... Try it without that patch?