Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the 2 IPK's? Maybe the server is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the 2 IPK's? Maybe the server is down.

yeah i want them back too!
    another question. My pre is really heating up with using hotspot any ideas how to cool it down or keep it from getting hot?
    Thanx for any help in advance.
    whem i installed the hotspot it wont turn on is this still working ??
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thank you soo much for this!
    Thanks for the links RealMayo, im assuming the one from the index is the one at the bottom.
    is there any way to usb teather with hotspot?
    I have a pre running on Bell in Canada. I got mobile hotspot up and running today. It is working but I can't get it to turn off. It will switch off but my iPod touch stays connected. I also can't get it to switch from open to wap. I switch it on the pre but my iPod connects without needing a password. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Pathetic speeds on first test, lol.

But I am amazed at how simple this was, and now I have free freaking tethering! I love this community more and more every day.
    working great on my sprint pre! thanks a bunch!

does anyone know if this has to be removed before an update?
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I installed MHS 1.0.14, and mytetherd 0.0.3 and I can connect to the AP with my laptop, but it will not serve an IP address.. any reason that would happen?
    Question, I have MyTether installed...do I need to uninstall it before installing MHS?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Well, I went ahead and installed it...working well. But what are the typical speeds I should see? I'm getting about 1.0-1.5 down and 0.4-0.5 up.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    If some of you are having the problem of being able to see the app, launch the app, connect to the app with laptop, but NO internet connectivity, then check and make sure that your data usage wasn't turned off. I have the patch where I can turn data on/off in system menu, so a quick tap got me back up. Just an FYI for those having the same problem I did.
    Went through the installation process and it appears I can connect to Mobile Hotspot just fine, network sharing center says Internet Access and everything.

However, can't browse the web - Internet Explorer will not connect to any sites on the internet.

Here are the screenshots of what I am seeing. Any ideas on what the problem might be?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Went through the installation process and it appears I can connect to Mobile Hotspot just fine, network sharing center says Internet Access and everything.

However, can't browse the web - Internet Explorer will not connect to any sites on the internet.

Here are the screenshots of what I am seeing. Any ideas on what the problem might be?
    I wish I could help you. I am having the same problem. I have an AT&T pixi. I had the same problem with mytether. Now I am having it with Mobile Hotspot. It appears fine, the laptop connects apparently, but then no internet access. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Both of the IPK links are broken for me. Help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Both of the IPK links are broken for me. Help.
    See Post number 491 on the previous page thanks to RealMayo.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

I'm having the same problem. I connected with a different machine, and same problem, so I would guess that the problem is on the phone end (or the carrier somehow).

Any smart guys out there have this problem and figure out the fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by adampre1 View Post
    I wish I could help you. I am having the same problem. I have an AT&T pixi. I had the same problem with mytether. Now I am having it with Mobile Hotspot. It appears fine, the laptop connects apparently, but then no internet access. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I connected with a different machine, and same problem, so I would guess that the problem is on the phone end (or the carrier somehow).

Any smart guys out there have this problem and figure out the fix?
    Very interesting, last night I was actually able to get tethering to work - managed to use the internet for a couple of hours tethered to my pre with MHS at my mom's house, where there was absolutely no wifi anywhere nearby for backup. So I know it was working. After a couple of hours, it suddenly stopped working. Still showed I was connected to the Pre with internet access, but couldn't surf. I then noticed that there was no Ev or 1x indicator on my Pre, and I couldn't even connect to the internet with my phone. The only way I could get the EVDO access back was to do a full reboot of my phone. (Luna restart or reset network connection didn't work).

Really wierd. But I now have comfirmed that I can tether, remains to be seen if consistently enough to do when I really need to.

I would like to figure out how to USB tether to see if it works any better or more reliably than wifi tethering.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)