Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    does it work for the Pixi?
    Since the Sprint Pixi doesn't have wifi you couldn't turn it into a wifi hotspot anyway! However you should be able to tether via usb by enabling usbnet and using the IP forwarding feature on freetether...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    it's not the 3g signal that is dropping out. It's the connection to the laptop that drops then reconnects.
    nothing else i can reccomend, besides trying to isolate it specifically to laptop or phone.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Works great for me! Installed both files using QI and works like a charm on my iPod Touch and netbook!
    on my o2 pre it stops 3g when it gives out the wifi, when my PC is connected
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just installed it. I'm now replying from my laptop while connected to my Sprint Pre's network
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    JUST INSTALLED and work PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran a speedtest from speedtest.net and I DL 2.0 Mbps from my Sprint Pre network.

This is faster then the internet i have been jacking from my neighbor.

Coincidentally, I only avg. DL speeds on my pre at only 700 kbps. Anyone care to explain why?

Also, How do you make a direct connection via usb so we dont even need to make wifi hotspot to get internet?
    Hmmmmm. Mobile Hotspot shows up in my Launcher, turns on and shows up on my laptop as an avaliable network. I choose my (hotspot) network, it shows that it connects but nothing...on the bottom right there's an icon of two computer monitors that shows a blue orb (windows vista) when it connects but that never shows up. Any ideas about what I'm missing?

Edit: I'm on Sprint 1.4.1.1
    Installed no problem, getting 1.2M download speeds on a desktop through my Sprint Pre... Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    on my o2 pre it stops 3g when it gives out the wifi, when my PC is connected
    Exactly the same for me... very odd?!

10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    mamouton:

If there is anything more recent than what I posted in post #274 in this thread,
    let me know. This version was working for me last time I checked. I don't use it often.
    I hope you don't mind, I just updated my original post to use links to where you hosted the files. I made sure to cite your post where you originally gave the links to the files.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    Exactly the same for me... very odd?!

That happens for me too, and for Verizon users using the official mobile hotspot app on their Pres. The Data Connection will come back after a few seconds usually.
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Hmmmmm. Mobile Hotspot shows up in my Launcher, turns on and shows up on my laptop as an avaliable network. I choose my (hotspot) network, it shows that it connects but nothing...on the bottom right there's an icon of two computer monitors that shows a blue orb (windows vista) when it connects but that never shows up. Any ideas about what I'm missing?

Edit: I'm on Sprint 1.4.1.1
    Hmm, I'm not sure, but it sounds like it might be a problem with your computer not your Pre. Have you tried connecting to the mobile hotspot with another device besides your computer?
    Follow me on Twitter

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks a bunch! This is the easiest hotspot ever!
    Thanks OP!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Got it working just fine on my sprint pre tonight.
    Just got a new pre 2 weeks because of a hardware issue. Had not put web0s quick install on my new windows 7 laptop. Took about 10 times longer to get novacom installed then to get mobile hotspot working.
    have a dumb question. I got the hotspot and its working great. Are we charged per minute that its on as a mobile hotspot device??
    Works on ATT Pre+ too. In fact, I'm using it right now. Wifi connected to my PC. Internet speeds are not lacking either.
    I was going to post the speed test image but I don't have enough posts yet to do it. My download speeds are 2.14Mbps and upload speeds of .31Mbps with a ping of 332ms.
    Not too shabby imo.
    you will have no charge of anything just keep using it and enjoy it.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've reinstalled the files so many times in so many ways and yet nothing works. My PS3 connects to my pre but when it comes to obtaining an ip adress it always fails. I even installed freetether and it automatically enables the ip address and I can see what's the ip address but still it fails on obtaining an ip address. Also how would I enable usb tether since I'm on the subject. Btw I'm using a Sprint Pre on 1.4.1.1. Thanks if you can help and hello everyone this is my first post.
    Sorry if this is the wrong location. I have been using this for some time now - thanks!

I received a message today in MHS along the lines of "Your device is not approved for connection sharing. Please contact Sprint"

Should I be concerned? I have never seen this before.