Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 739
  1. #441  
    Newbie question here:

    I have installed the two required files, MHS works great and connects to my Dell laptop running win7. However, my laptop does not have internet access when it's paired with my pre. I have turned the connection off/on with no luck. Connection is there, yet no internet access. I have a feeling I missed a step or need to do one additional thing to make this work. I would like to access my email using my laptop connected wirelessly to my pre, which for me is the whole purpose of installing these files. Any suggestions or quick fixes?
  2. #442  
    Well I'm going to assume that if you have a Sprint Palm Pre, that this will not work as of 5/31/10.

    I have:
    • Dev Mode On
    • Installed the FreeTether IPK
    • Installed the Mobile HotSpot
    • Installed the IP Forward Patch


    After it installs the IP Forward Patch, the phone reboots.

    I can run Mobile program, but it will not allow me to "turn on". When I tap the slider, it does nothing.

    I did have MyTether installed, but I did remove all the apps and packages before I started this process.


    So with MyTether in unknown status and HotSpot not working with Sprint, is there any other options out there?
  3. #443  
    I'm definitely on Sprint, so my question is the same as yours: Are there any solutions out there that will allow me to use HotSpot as a modem for my laptop (Sprint wants $60/mo, ugh)?
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Well I'm going to assume that if you have a Sprint Palm Pre, that this will not work as of 5/31/10.

    I have:
    • Dev Mode On
    • Installed the FreeTether IPK
    • Installed the Mobile HotSpot
    • Installed the IP Forward Patch


    After it installs the IP Forward Patch, the phone reboots.

    I can run Mobile program, but it will not allow me to "turn on". When I tap the slider, it does nothing.

    I did have MyTether installed, but I did remove all the apps and packages before I started this process.


    So with MyTether in unknown status and HotSpot not working with Sprint, is there any other options out there?
    Are you running MHS 1.0.3 or 1.0.14? I found 1.0.3 did nothing, but worked after upgrading to 1.0.14
  5. brim's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #445  
    my pre worked perfectly wifi hots on 1.1.4
  6. brim's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #446  
    good wifi
  7. #447  
    This is great since I'm without internet this week due to moving... but the speed is really, really slow. Less than a half Mb/sec... Is this just my location? Seems like many get much better results.

  8. #448  
    I've noticed that my aircard has been extremely slow for the last week or so too (0.51MB/s down). Probably just a coincidence. I'm in NC.
    Denso TP -> Sanyo 6200 -> Samsung A600 -> Treo 600 -> Red Sanyo 8200 -> Sanyo 7400 -> Sanyo 7500 -> LG Fusic -> Motorola Q -> Motorola Q9C -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Moment
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy08 View Post
    Anybody get it to work on a PS3? I get 100% signal when I scan for my Pre and it connects for a while but then times out.
    if you have a computer or laptop you have to get the ip address and the subnet and dns that is from the mobile hotspot and manually entered it on the ps3 and boom it connects. i had the same problem and i figured it out through another forum.
  10. #450  
    i try many options but still no internet connection... any tips?
  11. #451  
    Just curious i have been using the mobile hotspot on my sprint palm pre. And i was wondering if any of you out there with sprint had a fee on your bill from using it or not?
    Why So Serious?
  12. #452  
    One weird thing I notice is that, when a new device connects, I get the error that it isn't allowed, I turn off mobile hotspot and turn back on, then it works.

    As for a bill, I sure hope they don't bill us! lol.
    huh?

    Twitter: ed_moscoso
  13. #453  
    Worked very well, but after an hour of use my pre got burning hot... then next morning the cell radio quit working. Before i take it in, how can i remove this app? I don't want them seeing it...

    and to others, watch your temps if your running the 800 mhz patch, put it back in 500 mhz. It overheats.
  14. #454  
    0wokign with 1.4.1 O2 UK?
  15. #455  
    does it work for the Pixi?
  16. j0eycasco's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #456  
    Since this is free, theres no way sprint will charge us if they somehow find out what we are doing, right?
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac.jang216 View Post
    Worked very well, but after an hour of use my pre got burning hot... then next morning the cell radio quit working. Before i take it in, how can i remove this app? I don't want them seeing it...

    and to others, watch your temps if your running the 800 mhz patch, put it back in 500 mhz. It overheats.
    nevermind, got rid of it.
  18. #458  
    does anyone know what causes the connection to drop and then connect over and over and what the fix is? bIt wii stay connected to my laptop for about 6-7 minutes then drop the connection, then in about 30 seconds pick it back up, then drop it again, etc.
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    does anyone know what causes the connection to drop and then connect over and over and what the fix is? bIt wii stay connected to my laptop for about 6-7 minutes then drop the connection, then in about 30 seconds pick it back up, then drop it again, etc.
    If your whole signal is dropping out, you probably have poor coverage in that area. But if you have several bars and 3G keeps dropping out... no idea.
  20. #460  
    it's not the 3g signal that is dropping out. It's the connection to the laptop that drops then reconnects.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions