Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy08 View Post
    Anybody get it to work on a PS3? I get 100% signal when I scan for my Pre and it connects for a while but then times out.
    Would not work well.

The Pre (or any cell phone/MiFi, etc.) takes anywhere from 1/5 to 1 second to send data to a server and receive a response. Games need this done in 1/20 of a second (if you play most games, you will see something like "Ping < 50ms."

That basically means that this takes about 4 times as long to send/receive data than a typical cable connection. Can take up to 20 times as long, sometimes more.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    It will not let me download for free.. can anyone send me the files?
    See post #274 in this thread.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I got MHS up and running but my Laptob connects then quickly disconnects. It keeps doing this over and over. Maybe I need to change something on my laptop. Any Ideas?
    My mobile hotspot app is weird, it seemly works. It let me send out a wifi signal and other devices find the signal and can connect to the network. However, when you open a browser and go to a webpage, it just stalls while loading the page every time. Has anyone else had this happen?
    Hello,
    I am having problems installing the us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk. When I try I get this message:

Error: An error occured while attempting to install us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.feetetherd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4
    Collected errors;
    Cannot find package us.ryanhope.freetetherd.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

I am running a Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.1.1 and have the latest version of PreWare. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Well i must say!
    I got the same error as mkilloug67 when I installed both ipk files using webos quick install. When I checked the phone it did have the MHS, however it does not work. I cant see it on the wireless networks in my two laptops.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillough67 View Post
    Hello,
    I am having problems installing the us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk. When I try I get this message:

Error: An error occured while attempting to install us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.feetetherd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4
    Collected errors;
    Cannot find package us.ryanhope.freetetherd.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

I am running a Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.1.1 and have the latest version of PreWare. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    having this same problem. boo
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Ok, solved the problem and I can now boast (as others): sending this reply using my new MIFI . BTW, I have the latest version of webos from Palm.
    Solution for people who are getting the error above is that:
    - The error comes because you need the Package mangement service on pre.
    - Package Management service now comes with PreWare.
    How to get preware?
    - Open WebOs quick installer
    - Click on the blue button
    - In the drop down on the top select webos-internals feed(pre)
    - Select Preware and download
    - Install preware

Now install the two packages again. Your MIFI should start running .
    yeeehaw! I got it to work!
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    SWEET G-ZUZ!!! it worked, good shnapples meng!!
    Ok, I already had Preware installed but reinstalled Preware, but this time with an updated version of WebOSQI and that seemed to work. I'm able to tether, however, I'm getting (if I'm lucky) .2 Mbps download (yes, that's a decimal in front of that 2)? I have good 3G coverage. Any ideas why my speeds are so bad? Thanks all!

Sprint Palm Pre v1.4.1.1
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Excellent... this is much appreciated. I thanked as many people as I could.
    Piece of cake getting it installed and running on my ATT Pre+

After I was done testing it, I got a gradient grey screen with nothing on it but the clock. Had to pull the battery to restart it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Ran FINE the first day after doing this (using post #274's link for 1.0.14 of MHS). I went home from work and when I came back today, I tried to show it off to someone... It opened to the app catalog... Anyone else have this issue? I had tried to follow different instructions initially which involved 'update using app catalog' which of course blocked stuff and said download failed / etc. After that (without trying to delete MHS / etc), I followed the instructions here and got it working fine. Even after a restart, it worked, but now today, it's there (not greyed out, or any other indication it's not going to work from the icon) and clicking it takes me to app catalog saying 'not available for your carrier'.

Should I delete it all out, and after app catalog doesn't think I have it, redo the above steps? Or is there another fix someone knows of? (the files for it are already downloaded / etc at work, and my internet at home sucks + no phone signal for testing purposes).
    This worked perfectly for me, although it did take a minute to actually serve external data. THANKS!
    ok finally worked for me. Using Windows 7 and for a while it didn't let me connect. but now were good. here's my speed on MHS..

Last edited by robbskittles; 05/29/2010 at 11:33 PM.
    what is the latest version of mobile hot spot?
    Working on Telstra in Australia. Thanks v much!
    mamouton:

If there is anything more recent than what I posted in post #274 in this thread,
    let me know. This version was working for me last time I checked. I don't use it often.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.