Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    It seems to work well but the first time I got a message saying this wasn't supported and to contact Sprint. Still it worked which is the main thing!

The message is:

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow
    internet connection sharing. Contact
    Sprint for help.
    Hmm, I got a similar error when I tried it when I was still on WebOS 1.4, I assumed it was just a glitch with 1.4, and when I updated to 1.4.1.1, it worked perfectly. Maybe it just gives you that the first time you try to use it or something
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    i get an error when installing freetetherd
    Hmm... I haven't seen that before. Maybe you should ask Jason what that error means. Are you sure you downloaded the freeTetherD IPK correctly? Here is the link again
    I'm getting the following message:
    "This application not available in your country."
    Does that mean California is no longer a part of the USA?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    I'm getting the following message:
    "This application not available in your country."
    Does that mean California is no longer a part of the USA?
    When you try to update it, you mean? Don't actually click on the app in the App Catalog, just tap the update all button near the bottom left when you load the list of you applications
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    hmmmm.. i installed the mobile hot spot ipk via webos quick install, but when i try to update it the app catalog it says 1.0.3 is the most current version and it wont let me update. i installed the ip forwarder and not freetether but i dont think that should matter... Also if i click on the mobile hot spot it says the service is not running?????

Edit: ive found another thread and am going to try that method
    Last edited by ryudo423; 04/01/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    where can i find my free tether d
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    hmmmm.. i installed the mobile hot spot ipk via webos quick install, but when i try to update it the app catalog it says 1.0.3 is the most current version and it wont let me update. i installed the ip forwarder and not freetether but i dont think that should matter... Also if i click on the mobile hot spot it says the service is not running?????

Edit: ive found another thread and am going to try that method
    Huh... If the App Catalog says that's the most recent version, Palm may have already fixed the bug that allowed you to update it...
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  8.    #28  
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get the IPK for Mobile Hotspot 1.0.14 off of my Pre so I could upload it to rapidshare?
    Follow me on Twitter

I love it!!
    THANK YOU! works flawlessly again till sprint catches on...
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Strange but I installed cannot find freetether, but the Mobile hotspot app launched and turned on without the IP forwarding on Sprint.

Nevermind, put the IP fowarding patch on,all is well.
    Last edited by mvpilot172; 04/02/2010 at 01:49 PM.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    Strange but I installed cannot find freetether, but the Mobile hotspot app launched and turned on without the IP forwarding on Sprint.
    The Mobile Hotspot will still work and broadcast a network and all without IP forwarding, it's just whatever device is connected to the hotspot will not be able to use the internet or load webpages or anything
    Follow me on Twitter

i installed everything i updated hotspot too, but when i click the on button it says turning on and just never turns on or anything??? Maybe because im running the 800mhz patch or something?

nvm its working now, i need to use it to download webos doctor since my internet at home is 756k lol download
    Last edited by gselsidi; 04/01/2010 at 08:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Working for me,with 800mhz and jason's ip forwarding patch.

Thanks !
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_cow View Post
    Working for me,with 800mhz and jason's ip forwarding patch.

Thanks !
    Can you tell me what you did step by step?

I installed the hotspot app, freetetherD, and jason's patch
    updated the hotspot app. and started it up. my laptop connects, but no internet is available.
    I just installed it and it runs flawlessly! Awesome! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    With the Mobile Hotspot app and freeTether, freeTether just is used to enable IP forwarding, the Mobile Hotspot app turns your Pre into a wireless network that you can connect to with any wifi enabled device.

freeTether also currently supports bluetooth and USB tethering, so you could also use those two methods instead of using the Mobile Hotspot app
    So how would i use usb and/or bluetooth tethering? just curious. oh and i never got an auth error is that normal?

Thanks!
    Sprint 1.4.1.1, MHS 1.0.14 with FreeTether IP-forwarding enabled works just fine. When I started seeing reports that JR's auto-IP_forward patch works also, I installed it but couldn't get it to work (connects but no internet). When I remove the patch, it breaks MHS - white screen when launched. Needed to start over so: Deleted MHS, install ver 1.0.03 ipk, app catalog update to ver 1.0.14, enable IP-forwarding in FreeTether, turn on MHS, working again. Hope this helps someone.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Now that Verizon are offering the Mobile Hotspot App and tethering for free, we may not have to use third party apps and hacks for tethering much longer. Sprint would be foolish not to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Sprint 1.4.1.1, MHS 1.0.14 with FreeTether IP-forwarding enabled works just fine. When I started seeing reports that JR's auto-IP_forward patch works also, I installed it but couldn't get it to work (connects but no internet). When I remove the patch, it breaks MHS - white screen when launched. Needed to start over so: Deleted MHS, install ver 1.0.03 ipk, app catalog update to ver 1.0.14, enable IP-forwarding in FreeTether, turn on MHS, working again. Hope this helps someone.
    Same thing here. I removed the patch and re-installed MHS without patch and it works. Maybe something wrong with patch. Can anyone confirm?
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast