Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Just got the Hot Spot installed and working.. Like to give a big shout out to my man Oddlou for all his help!!! Thanks again
    Hi all!

Question: Is it possible to install MHS and the app via FileCoaster? And if so, can someone link for the ipks?
    MHS was working fine with my laptop, but today my laptop just keeps connecting and immediately disconnecting from my Pre, over and over. Tried restarting the Pre, but didn't help. Any ideas?

EDIT: Now it's working again, a few hours later. All that happened between then and now was that my Pre spontaneously restarted once (I had tried restarting manually earlier, to no avail.) Don't know if that's what solved the problem.
    Last edited by Samizdat2003; 04/30/2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Updated info
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I get a message that pops up on Pre when someone connects and says data sharing not allowed and to call Sprint. Others can connect just fine, but cannot browse to web...looks like it's broken. I have a co-worker with same issue, so I know it's not my phone.
    I've got the same issue, sprint pre, went to use hotspot and got the same message. Does anyone have an ideal how to fix this? Thank you for any help.
    I think i got it. mobile hotspot updated to 1.0.14. I deleted that version aand reloaded 1.0.3 and now its working again.
    1 country, can you post the link of 1.0.3
    I have successfully installed freetether and MHS, but I can't get my laptop to connect. Is there some issue with Vista that it won't recognize it?

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rji2goleez View Post
    I did a complete reset on my phone as I had MyTether on there and didn't want to mess with command line. The end result is all good however and I have the MHS update and it's working very well!

So now I'm wondering why my download speed is so slow barely 150K on the download but 330K on the upload. Any suggestions?
    No suggestions?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Had mytether installed. did all sorts of crazy command line stuff to uninstall. Installed MHS. All seems to work. Thanks.
    ok, tried this method on my old pre and it works perfectly. however, today i got a refurb pre and i tried to load this back up and i get the "contact your carrier message". does anyone have a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    Ok - so I'm having a similar problem to others SOMETIMES, and wanted to get various people's feed back. So on inital connect of my laptop to my phone, EV goes away for about 10 seconds, then it seems to re-establish an EVDO connection. As others have stated, sometimes it goes away, and you need to disable MHS before a data connection will come back. I'm wondering if this is due at all to having MyTether installed prior (I went through and removed it via the instructions in their forum from a command line) and deleted the MyTether software.

Can those who have MHS working flawless comment on if they ever had MyTether installed on their device? And those who have this same problem - have you ever had MyTether installed? I'm wondering if a Dr. is in order to make sure all of the MyTether adjustments that are made are completely cleaned out of the phone and things would work better after that..

Thanks.
    i had mytether on my old phone before using this method and this method worked great. my new refurb however, has never had mytether and this method is not working. i wonder if there is a connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    ok, tried this method on my old pre and it works perfectly. however, today i got a refurb pre and i tried to load this back up and i get the "contact your carrier message". does anyone have a fix?
    Maybe try webosdoctor?

I'm not sure what they would have done on the hardware side to prevent this. Not that they couldn't have. It just seems unlikely.

A webosdoctor might clear anything out in the software/os that could be preventing it.

I've used the current webdoctor on mine and MHS still works.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    It's been suggested that if you get that "Internet sharing is not permitted. please contact your carrier" [paraphrasing] message, just try again after you turn off your Bluetooth radio, and voila, no message.
    This worked on my Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wingless07 View Post
    I have successfully installed freetether and MHS, but I can't get my laptop to connect. Is there some issue with Vista that it won't recognize it?

Thanks for any help!

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240796-mobile-hotspot-problem-windows-vista.html
    That should help! (wouldn't let me post a link yet... you will have to copy/paste I guess)

-- Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Maybe try webosdoctor?

I'm not sure what they would have done on the hardware side to prevent this. Not that they couldn't have. It just seems unlikely.

A webosdoctor might clear anything out in the software/os that could be preventing it.

I've used the current webdoctor on mine and MHS still works.
    i figured out what my problem was. i guess the refurb that they gave me was still running 1.4.0. i just updated and it worked fine. i cant believe i forgot to even check for updates.
    on April 2 I had followed the steps to a T and had my MHS working ... now I have a new replacement PRE and was going to reinstall .. but Im just sure the steps listed in the 1st post have changed? They were more detailed ( I swear I remember something about turning an IP thing on and off .. or something like that? lol)

Are there more detailed steps to follow? I ended up with 3 IPKs

us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all.ipk

but it says to download both IPKs with WOSQI ..

I just want to make sure I am doing it right since I dont remember exactly what I did last time

Thank You!! This is most awesome
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    can not install auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.pach

error:an error occrued while attempting to run /tmp/scriptfile.sh
    the text leading up to this was:
    -------
    ---.orig........./microap-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++.meida/......./microap-assistant.jsjsjs
    ------------------
    file to patch:
    skip this patch?[y]
    2 out 2 hunks ignored

who can help me ?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    on April 2 I had followed the steps to a T and had my MHS working ... now I have a new replacement PRE and was going to reinstall .. but Im just sure the steps listed in the 1st post have changed? They were more detailed ( I swear I remember something about turning an IP thing on and off .. or something like that? lol)

Are there more detailed steps to follow? I ended up with 3 IPKs

us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all.ipk

but it says to download both IPKs with WOSQI ..

I just want to make sure I am doing it right since I dont remember exactly what I did last time

Thank You!! This is most awesome
    It's easier now. You only need:

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk

The mobilehotspot patched ipk includes Jason Robitaille's auto enable IP forwarding.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    How well does this work with Vista 32bit? Does it play nice?