Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocoolnames View Post
    mhs was working awesome for past couple of days then stopped working today. Worked fine then went to use it an hour later and keeps giving me the no sharing service, please contact your service provider, it won't let me turn the switch on.Tried to uninstall and reinstall both mhs and freetether but still won't work. Using version 1.0.14. Anyone else having this issue??
    Turn off BT?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAA! Works Great and super easy to install. Thanks to all how helped on this one. i will update in a day or two to tell you if its still working or causing any issues.
    hmm...seems like i haven't been able to get this to work for the last few days.
    i've read through the forums and have tried what i can lol...

can somebody please tell me what i'm doing wrong. here is what i have and what i'm doing.

i have webos 1.4.1.1

i used WEBOS quick install to install...
    1) Mobile Hot Spot file with patch from the 1st page.
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk

and

2) this file with i assume is the freetether service...
    us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

but when i try to add this file using webos quick install i get the install error that a few ppl have received before. i listed it below.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install.us.uryanhope.freetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.freetetherd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occured, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package us.ryanhope.freetetherd.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

i'm assuming this is why it doesn't work. is there something else you guys are doing that is not listed that i'm just missing? Do I have the wrong file? I don't have anything else installed on my Pre so I know that's not the problem. I read something about a package manager, but my search on the forum turned up nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated. i'm on sprint and located in the US...if that helps.
    problem solved!

i'm typing this using MHS now =]

so the problem I guess was the missing Package Manager Service...
    this can be found in WEBOS quick install.
    click the big blue down arrow on the main menu
    this will bring up the IPKG REPOSITORY VIEWER
    select the DROP DOWN ARROW on the top of the screen (it says "PRECENTRAL APP GALLERY FEED")
    choose WEBOS INTERNALS FEED (ALL)
    now you can select the checkbox next to PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE
    it will bring you back to the main webosQI screen, select it and click INSTALL.

now the "us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk" should install fine and MHS should work!

i know this is really basic and seems silly to be this thorough, but if it helps somebody avoid the frustation of getting this to work, then i'm happy to help =]

good luck all!
    I just switched from My Tether to MHS and it works sweet had to turn off BT but logged on to the computer and got internet without all the messing around of My Tether love webOS.
    I did a quick search but couldn't find answer. What encryption protocols are supported?
    WEP, WPA, WPA2... all three?
    Open and WPA/WPA2 Personal
    Thanks somline!
    Anyone else not able to use MHS anymore? I get a message saying No Sharing Service, and to contact my carrier. When I hit ok it turns it back off.
    Nevermind I fixed it. I didn't have the patched MHS posted in this thread, I had the direct downloaded one from the app catalog. Deleted that and installed the one from this thread and it started working again.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    so, I'm using it, and it "works", but not in a stable manner, as the connection keeps on resetting. and then reattaching, anyone else see this? (strangely enough being that I was the guy who found this originally, but now am having trouble using it, though that was on my previous Sprint Pre)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    so, i'm using it, and it "works", but not in a stable manner, as the connection keeps on resetting. And then reattaching, anyone else see this? (strangely enough being that i was the guy who found this originally, but now am having trouble using it, though that was on my previous sprint pre)
    i think you might need to turn off bluetooth and reset your data connection and you should be good.
    Loving this!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Wow! This works instantly!

I actually donated for MyTether and had headaches for the past couple of days, but I just installed this and it works perfectly!
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlam573 View Post
    problem solved!

i'm typing this using MHS now =]

so the problem I guess was the missing Package Manager Service...
    this can be found in WEBOS quick install.
    click the big blue down arrow on the main menu
    this will bring up the IPKG REPOSITORY VIEWER
    select the DROP DOWN ARROW on the top of the screen (it says "PRECENTRAL APP GALLERY FEED")
    choose WEBOS INTERNALS FEED (ALL)
    now you can select the checkbox next to PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE
    it will bring you back to the main webosQI screen, select it and click INSTALL.

now the "us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk" should install fine and MHS should work!

i know this is really basic and seems silly to be this thorough, but if it helps somebody avoid the frustation of getting this to work, then i'm happy to help =]

good luck all!
    Thanks for the info, a lot of people were getting this error before and I wasn't sure before if it involved not having the Package Manager Service installed
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    when i open up the MHS i have just a blank screen, anybody have this problem?
    Sprint user.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Try a restart. If that does not work. Uninstall and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    Try a restart. If that does not work. Uninstall and try again.
    Restart doesn't work for me. When I get home I''l try to uninstall and install it again. About uninstall, can it be done via preware or just delete the MHS or there is something else?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    wow this actually worked! very simple and amazing!! thanks!!
    Another thanks. This worked on my Sprint Pre.