Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhotep View Post
    OK guys I need some help. Normally I'm able to do these things ok. I've downloaded Mobile Hot Spot but can't download fretether. I open the link on my mac hoping to download the file but I get a page full of code. How do I download the file to copy over to the Pre using WebOs Quick install. I'm clueless as to what I'm supposed to do. And frustrated.
    On the page with all of the code, just click File > Save Page As or something like that and name it us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Also, I think you can just press the Mac equivalent of CTRL+S (I think its CMD+S or something like that), and save it as that.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    I get the same message when installing this service. anyone have any ideas?
    Do you have the latest Package Manager Service installed on your Pre? I heard that if you don't, it may give you that error message.
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  3.    #243  
    I don't know why some of you are all getting bad speeds on your iPads and stuff, I almost always get over 1 mbps on my Win7 Computer
    Follow me on Twitter

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    How do I determine if I do? Also where do I get the most recent?
    Sorry for the basic questions.
    Thanks works great i got that error message but i hit ok and its working fine just hope i dont get an outrageous bill even though i do have the everything plan
    I've installed this and it works great.But was wondering if anyone knows how to run the mobile hot spot without it broadcasting. would like to use this at work on my laptop without anyone else seeing it.

thanks
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    hey guys im pretty close to doing this, just wondering... what happens when sprint figures out what we are doing? fine, termination? im on a family plan and would hate to make everyone else suffer because im a cheater.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrey View Post
    My mobile hot spot is working perfectly; however, after installing it, my Pre will not reconnect to my home-based wireless system. It offers this error: IP configuration failed. Is anyone else having this problem and can you offer me a solution. I will be sure to thank your for your assistance and pay your efforts forward. Thanks.
    hey this happened to me too.. Try going into wifi and click forget ntwork that you are getting the error with.. Restart and reconnect. Worked for me
    This works great. Thanks for the instructions
    I dont know what happened, i have the Mobile Hotspot app installed as well as freetether with but when i open up MHS the lil slider on the top right wont slide over to the ON position? im kind of confused. im looking forward to getting this thing working. what could i be doing wrong?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    So I webosDoctor my phone and did a full reset back to factory, installed mobile hotspot. With 5 bars i can't get more than 150Kbps on my laptop (lenovo thinkpad) and about 200Kbps on my iPad. This is using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    The pre itself still only gets at most 500Kbps or so on Mobile Speed test

I started a thread here about the fact that I can't seem to get closer to 1Mbps as I used to back on 1.3.5 http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...n-anymore.html

Looks like Mytether is finally fixed for 1.4.1 i'm gonna see if that's any faster tonight.
    http://forum.mytether.net/read.php?1,2,2#msg-2
    Works for me after a reboot. Thanks.
    awesome
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I had only trouble with My Tether after the 1.4.1.1 update. So I removed it (via Preware), did a full restart and then installed the pre-patched MHS 1.0.14 ipk and the freetetherd service with WOSQI and it worked right away. Only now and then I notice that the EV connection disappears. I can easily fix that by turning it on again or by starting for instance Stitcher (but not playing anything) prior to turning on MHS.

I get decent speeds too (SF Bay Area):
    How are you guys getting past the "No Sharing Service" dialog? When I turn Mobile Hotspot on, it says

"Sharing an Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help."

Using webos 1.4.0 on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    How are you guys getting past the "No Sharing Service" dialog? When I turn Mobile Hotspot on, it says

"Sharing an Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help."

Using webos 1.4.0 on Sprint.
    I haven't had this message (using 1.4.1.1 on Sprint). I read somewhere that turning off Bluetooth could help with this message sometimes.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 04/13/2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Bluetooth is not enabled on my device. I'm not so sure it's a 1.4.0 vs 1.4.1.x thing, considering Verizon users have no trouble with 1.4.0.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Which version of MHS do you use?
    The one linked at the beginning of this thread. 1.0.14.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
    The one linked at the beginning of this thread. 1.0.14.
    Not sure I can then be of much further help. I know that at least one Sprint user made it work once the firmware was updated from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1.1: Post# 180