Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Awesome thanks. Installed without a problem.
    super sweet deal, great job man
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdizz1l View Post
    Works like a charm, any ***** can make this work
    ...except this *****.

I can get the computer to tether but I have no internet access. Grrrrr. This is frustrating.

I uninstalled the auto-enabled ip forwarding patch and tried to reload it to see if that would help. Now WOSQI is giving me an error and won't load it. It looks like it is for version 1.3.5.1-2

Is there a link to a new version that I am missing?
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw911 View Post
    ...except this *****.

I can get the computer to tether but I have no internet access. Grrrrr. This is frustrating.

I uninstalled the auto-enabled ip forwarding patch and tried to reload it to see if that would help. Now WOSQI is giving me an error and won't load it. It looks like it is for version 1.3.5.1-2

Is there a link to a new version that I am missing?
    Just uninstall the Mobile Hotspot app and the auto-enable IP forwarding patch (if you installed it), and retry using only the two IPKs in my updated first post. The Mobile Hotspot IPK in my first post has the patch built in to it, so you don't need to install it
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Working fine for me. Checked my speed and it is about 154 kbps doable for light browsing whenI am on the move.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Worked great, .86 MB/s download, .21 or something like that upload.

I'm happy with the results.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    OK guys I need some help. Normally I'm able to do these things ok. I've downloaded Mobile Hot Spot but can't download fretether. I open the link on my mac hoping to download the file but I get a page full of code. How do I download the file to copy over to the Pre using WebOs Quick install. I'm clueless as to what I'm supposed to do. And frustrated.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    My mobile hot spot is working perfectly; however, after installing it, my Pre will not reconnect to my home-based wireless system. It offers this error: IP configuration failed. Is anyone else having this problem and can you offer me a solution. I will be sure to thank your for your assistance and pay your efforts forward. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    this is the best thing ever, thank you SOOOO much!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Anyone else get more than 1mps connection??
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    oh man, this works great! Just installed it and it's working like a charm! Thanks everyone who made this possible!

(posting from my Mobile Hotspot'ed Sprint Pre...from home where I have a Comcrap, I mean, Xfinity connection, hehe)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Anyone else get more than 1mps connection??
    At 2 bars I got .86 MB/s so at full I'd guess yes.
    This is great... but the connection is PAINFULLY slow. I ran Speedtest on my ipad and it maxed at something like 260K down and similarly on the upload side, with anywhere from 3 bars to full strength (it does admittedly fluctuate alot here in Northern WA). When my buddy on HSDPA at TMobile runs his he gets around 1.8mps down. While I am satisfied to at least have just a WORKING WiFi internet connection after MyTether broke, I seem to remember MyTether back on 1.2.1 being faster (I've been on 1.3.1 with bluetooth for the better part of 6 months now)... but maybe this is just the way it is.

Another problem... Everytime a new WiFi connection is established I get a warning that says "Your service account does not support internet connection sharing...". If this message appears while the device is locked, I have to take out the battery to be able to get back into the phone. On that note, Is the paid version of MyTether working again at full speed on 1.4.1.1 (or whatever the latest update is I downloaded tonight)? It may just be worth it to pay for that if it is more reliable and faster than this, as cool as this port is.
    Last edited by playdrv4me; 04/11/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    SWEET!!!!!!

Installation easy as pie(less than 5 mins. to complete)!!!!!!!!
    Connected to my laptop and here are my speedtest.net results:

Download: 2.36 Mb/s
    Upload: .22 Mb/s
    Ping: 152 ms

The funny thing is that I have faster speed thru my Pre then I can get presently from landline Embarq...currently download of 1.47 Mb/s. So yes....This is AWESOME and Great job!!
    Last edited by blznqgr; 04/11/2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Turn off your bluetooth. That seems to trigger that message.
    Mine keeps switching from disconnected to connected and back and forth... any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by helenrips View Post
    This took about 3 minutes to set up and now I can tether my Pre with my iPad. Just in time for my 2 hour train ride tomorrow.

My iPad tethered to Pre experience:
    *Most apps have loaded instantly.
    *Netflix has a pretty lengthy preloader and a long wait to get the streaming started. Unfortunately without multi-tasking, there's no way to put that on hold while I do other stuff. Although I can just pick up my Pre!

Speed Test Results on tethered Mac Book Pro:

(same results on TestMyiPhone.com for the iPad)
    what's the max speed you are getting on your ipad? I can't get over 200Kbps through tethering. trying to figure out if it's the pre or ipad.
    Quote Originally Posted by playdrv4me View Post
    This is great... but the connection is PAINFULLY slow. I ran Speedtest on my ipad and it maxed at something like 260K down and similarly on the upload side, with anywhere from 3 bars to full strength (it does admittedly fluctuate alot here in Northern WA). When my buddy on HSDPA at TMobile runs his he gets around 1.8mps down. While I am satisfied to at least have just a WORKING WiFi internet connection after MyTether broke, I seem to remember MyTether back on 1.2.1 being faster (I've been on 1.3.1 with bluetooth for the better part of 6 months now)... but maybe this is just the way it is.

Another problem... Everytime a new WiFi connection is established I get a warning that says "Your service account does not support internet connection sharing...". If this message appears while the device is locked, I have to take out the battery to be able to get back into the phone. On that note, Is the paid version of MyTether working again at full speed on 1.4.1.1 (or whatever the latest update is I downloaded tonight)? It may just be worth it to pay for that if it is more reliable and faster than this, as cool as this port is.
    I'm in the exact situation as you. iPad connection is painfully slow. And yes, back when mytether worked on 1.3.1 I defnitely got over 1Mbs. I can't get more than 200Kbps on either mytether or mobile hotspot on my iPad. I think it might be partially ipad, but the laptop connecting also is down there in speed connecting. I'm hoping it's something someone can fix as I dont' want to get the 3G iPad and pay yet another data fee.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I get the same message when installing this service. anyone have any ideas?
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrey View Post
    My mobile hot spot is working perfectly; however, after installing it, my Pre will not reconnect to my home-based wireless system. It offers this error: IP configuration failed. Is anyone else having this problem and can you offer me a solution. I will be sure to thank your for your assistance and pay your efforts forward. Thanks.
    My Pre has sometimes done that even before I started using the Mobile Hotspot app... I'm still not sure why it sometimes does this, but other times it works fine
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G