Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Dude your the best... Many thanks on this...
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
    Quote Originally Posted by calesuar1 View Post
    ItsAllSubliminal, are you overclocking at 800MHz? I got better results now to around 0.79Mbs downloads (0.22 Mbs uploads). I turned off Bluetooth, I don't know if that did the trick because I also did a restart. Anyone else getting faster speeds? BTW, I also tried Pingtest.net to test the QUALITY, and I got a B, so no drops, 15ms jitter, not bad at all. The subjective test (my personal view) is much better than the numbers I am getting, I mean, it "feels" fast enough when I load internet pages etc (and I am comparing it to my cable speeds of 24 Mbs). So, who knows.
    I am runnin 800mhz, but I'm also near chicago and Sprint is strong round this neck of the woods
    worked like a charm for me.... thanx
    GOT IT! Woohoo! Posting via wifi palm pre style. Thanks so much! After my phone rebooted and wiped all my homebrew stuff, I figured wth, I'll try it one more time. Worked like a charm. I have not updated MHS, and I'm not even gonna attempt it. It works as is. Don't fix what ain't broke. lol

Thanks again!

Checked speedtest.net just for shiggles...

I'm dumb. Why does it recommend Wichita, KS and say I'm ~50 mi away? I'm in VA. Sorry, I'm sure it's a horribly stupid question. Just curious.
    Last edited by upSLIDEdown; 04/07/2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post

Everything works fine, got this error msg after launching MHS.. Any thoughts?
    Turn off your bluetooth. That seems to trigger that message.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    How does this work with AUPT. For the next WebOS update (inevitable), will I need to manually remove the patch (and app)?
    AUPT is more for built-in apps and OS patches. From what I understand it's pointless for patches for a specific version of an app that isn't tied to the OS version. That's why I created the pre-patched ipk. No need to remove before an OS update but MHS may stop working after an OS update like we saw with 1.4.0 before 1.4.1.1 came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Turn off your bluetooth. That seems to trigger that message.
    Great! I'l try that next time..
    Thanks..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    does mobile hotspot work with sprint pixie?
    Works nice. 1.4.1.1 made Mytether almost useless. Easy install. Thx
    I have freetether installed with ip forwarding enabled, then i open mobile hotspot and it turns on fine, the instant I connect my laptop the the mobile hotspot my EVDO drops and the phone has no IP address. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_dude View Post
    I have freetether installed with ip forwarding enabled, then i open mobile hotspot and it turns on fine, the instant I connect my laptop the the mobile hotspot my EVDO drops and the phone has no IP address. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    same thing here i hate it because what i want to connect is dependent on a instant connection to the net..... my laptop works fine however my psp and ds does not
    works for me with 1.4.1
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by charmon1605 View Post
    I have the same issue. When I installed the 2 ipk files with webosquickinstall, I got some error message (didn't copy it). MHS app shows up on my Pre but no freetether.

But MHS still appears to be working anyway. I am using it now to type this from a laptop.
    Well no worries then

If you installed the freeTetherD IPK from my first post, that isn't an app, it is just a service. It will not show up in your launcher.
    Last edited by thomascoe; 04/07/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by superasian25 View Post
    the free tetherd is just a service that runs in the bacround...the free tether is the actually app for the ip fowarding. But now it is included with the mhs patched already. I also have a question about the usb tethering on the free tethering app....i doctored my phone ad insyall the ipks it worked before the doctor now after I install I noticed under the usb for free tether it just says null..before it had an ip address. Does anyone know what to do. Before I was using my tether and installed the usbnet service on the computer now it doesn't show up and cannot connect my phone to the computer via usb! Please help!
    I think you'll have to enable USBnet on your Pre again. Just go to the command line function in WebOS Quick Install and type "usbnet enable" (without the quotation marks)
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    does mobile hotspot work with sprint pixie?
    Yes, but you'll have to install a different version of the freeTetherD service. Here is a link to the IPK for the Pixi.

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.3_armv6.ipk

Also, I believe you could just use the patched Mobile Hotspot IPK in my first post on the Pixi. It's just the service IPK that is different.
    Follow me on Twitter

16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_dude View Post
    Just wait a little while, it will fix itself. It could take up to a minute or two though.

Sometimes, if I open the phone app, go to preferences, then toggle "Data Connection" off then on, it will get the Data Connection back after just a second or two. (note: I haven't had any luck trying this with the Data in Device Menu patch, though)
    Follow me on Twitter

17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    Huh, did you install anything else, or just those 2 IPKs? No IP Forwarding Patch? I DLed it, but haven't put it on the Pre. And MHS is there, but not freetether. I opened MHS, and changed the passcode to something I would remember, but when I try to hit the ON button, it doesn't turn on...
    Did you use the two IPKs in my updated first post in this thread? All you need to do it install those two IPKs (freeTetherD will NOT show up as an app, it is a service), and launch Mobile Hotspot and it should work fine
    Follow me on Twitter

18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    free tether didn't show up on my phone after the 2 ipks, only wifi hotspot
    If you used the two IPKs in my original post, freeTetherD is a service, not an app. It will not show up as an app. You just need to launch the Mobile Hotspot app and it should just work.
    Follow me on Twitter

For some reason I cannot get WebosQI to recognize my pre....this happened all of a sudden and I've gone through the troubleshooting recommended in the Quickinstall thread...no dice.

I know that you can add custom feeds to Preware, is there any way I can install the MHS app and freetetherD through preware or via the terminal app? I was thinking I could just upload the IPKs to my dropbox and go from there. I can't seem to get my laptop to recognize my pre, I'd attempt using WebosQI on my desktop but my laptop is all I have while I'm away on business..

Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    installed and working great. Thanks to all who contrributed to me falling in love with my pre more and more. Now sprint don't worry about the spike in data usage.