Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I hope they address the buyout issues in this conference. Coz i would be a little disturbed about developing for them if Palm's gonna be bought. They need to reassure all developers because of this.

That said, I am very happy this is coming along as well as it looks. We need our developers. Moreso now I wish i could come even though I am not a developer. Just for moral support!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I hope they address the buyout issues in this conference. Coz i would be a little disturbed about developing for them if Palm's gonna be bought. They need to reassure all developers because of this.

That said, I am very happy this is coming along as well as it looks. We need our developers. Moreso now I wish i could come even though I am not a developer. Just for moral support!
    I'd only be worried of htc where to buy them out, cause they are the only ones who wouldn't give web-os their full attention (mobile wise).. If lenovo, or Cisco were to buy it, then i'd be wanting to develope for them even more.. Especially Cisco, No way they are not going to hire more people, and spend some more cash with nearly 40 billion in the bank...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I'd only be worried of htc where to buy them out, cause they are the only ones who wouldn't give web-os their full attention (mobile wise).. If lenovo, or Cisco were to buy it, then i'd be wanting to develope for them even more.. Especially Cisco, No way they are not going to hire more people, and spend some more cash with nearly 40 billion in the bank...
    thats a nice way of looking at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmarinacci View Post
    Sounds like we've got quite a turnout. FYI: we got permission to add more capacity, so a few more people can register. I'll be teaching the Friday session, which is a soup to nuts hands on of webOS. Even if you've never written a webOS app before you'll be able to by the end of the first day.
    My flight comes in at 11:17, so I will be the one walking in late. Consider myself very knowledgable at webOS, but looking forward to reviewing the basics and catching anything I missed.

So, any Friday after parties? My hotel is just around the corner from Palm...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

you can't believe what they tell you anyway... they will tell you what you want to hear, and what's in the best interest of the company, but when it comes down to it they will keep the secrets tight until you read about it in the news. if they are going to sell, they are going to do it when the stock prices is higher. it's going up. keep an eye out.

i also like the lenovo or cisco idea, but still prefer good hardware and htc already has it. i think it'll take a company in the cell phone arena to really market the webOS devices, and htc can do that. then, when the general public sees that webOS is superior to all other mobile OSes, it will finally have a good solid leg to stand on.

webOS = keep on developing... no webOS = go back to playing video games and watching movies
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6.    #46  
    They're a publicly traded company so they won't tell us anything until it's a done deal. I like HTC the best, they have the best hardware and would pair great with WebOS.

Back to Dev Day, I can't wait! I get in late on Thursday, but will definitely hang out Friday and Saturday night.

Follow me @cybler on Twitter, I'm going to live tweet as much as I can.

David
    i'm confirmeed for saturday but im on disability right now and am trying to get some new income earning skills. this dev day is perfect because i've been reading the tutorials and was gonna try to teach myself to make mojo/web os apps.

being that i'm poor i will probably drive the 5 hours each way and drink alot of 5hr energy drinks along the way, lol. but i'd love to have a meet up sat night after the con. id feel better driving the long trip back if i got to unwind after classes anyway.
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    hey, didn't realize there was a thread about dev day attendants til I read the precentral home page! I'll be there too. both days.
    I'll be there both days. Since I live in New Jersey, I'm flying in Thursday and leaving Sunday. Staying at the Grand hotel listed in the accommodations section of the Developer Day registration site.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there! It'll be great.
    OK, Thursday night get-together planning hasn't gone nearly as well as I had hoped. There are a few of us planning to get together though the venue isn't set. I will be tweeting about the meetup throughout the day on Thursday so be sure to follow: @pre101
    who's live tweeting? i will follow.
    Yea, Thursday night would be tough. I'll be arriving around midnight, which is prolly a tad late.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    who's live tweeting? i will follow.
    I'll probably be tweeting about the event (@rmxdave). I think we should all come up with a hashtag so we can group all Dev Day tweets together. Maybe #DevDay? Or #PDD? Something like that.
    Going to be there, will be doing a session on HTML5 graphics and animation (Canvas/CSS) on Saturday. Hope to meet a bunch of other PreCentral folks there!
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    If you're in the San Francisco Area before and/or after the Developer Days, please indicate in the following poll: Doodle: Palm Developer Days

Hope to get some people together for sightseeing etc.

Markus

I might no be able to make it if my flight is cancelled because of the volcano airspace closures
    Looking forward to attending both Friday and Saturday sessions.

Looks like everything finishes at 3:30pm on Friday. Is there anything planned for after that? If not, looks like I go back to work at least for a few hours since I'm local.
    Out of curiosity, where is everyone flying in from? I'll be arriving Friday morning from Seattle, leaving Sat evening after the session.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  18.    #58  
    The detailed agenda is online on the registration page now.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Out of curiosity, where is everyone flying in from?
    I'm flying in from Chicago late Thursday night, but I'm going to try for an earlier flight.
  20.    #60  
    Coming in from Phoenix, arriving around 10 and going straight to the hotel, so I'll see everyone on Friday morning. Then flying home on Sunday morning, so unfortunately not enough time for sight-seeing, too bad, I do love San Fran. I will try to drive by the Google Campus though, that's you guys meant by sight-seeing right?!

For Twitter, I like #PDD, I'll live tweet as much as possible, but will be paying close attention to the sessions too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

David
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast