Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Are you guys showing up for the Friday session or just for Saturday? I'd like to attend both days, but I need to see an itinerary to make my travel plans.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  2.    #22  
    I'm going both days and eagerly waiting for the itinerary so I can book my flight.

David
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    We should have a PreCentral reader meet-up.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Registered yesterday. I'm glad I live close enough that I don't need to fly
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    We should have a PreCentral reader meet-up.
    How bout Friday evening after the sessions?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    I'm going both days and eagerly waiting for the itinerary so I can book my flight.

David
    On the WebOS Dev site, Chuq (Palm Development manager) stated that the Friday session would start in the afternoon, so I booked my flight to arrive in the morning. Staying one night for me will certainly keep the expenses down. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I'm pretty stoked about this. I hope they hurry up and post the agenda, sadly I might not make it on Friday. How many developers can they accommodate? I hope its a lot.

Is this my first comment in the forums? I don't comment here often... I'm a lurker
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    On the WebOS Dev site, Chuq (Palm Development manager) stated that the Friday session would start in the afternoon, so I booked my flight to arrive in the morning. Staying one night for me will certainly keep the expenses down. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Can you send a link where you found that info?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Can you send a link where you found that info?
    Thanks!
    Here's the link to the WebOS Dev forum for that posting:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=79&t=6299
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  10.    #30  
    Sweet, looks like I'll fly on Friday and Sunday.
    Agenda!

developer.palm.com/blog/2010/04/palm-developer-day-agenda/
    The agenda has been posted.
    Anyone registered and planning to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Sunnyvale?
    Man i'm so jealous, i live out in minnesota, and my crappy job doesnt pay me enough to afford going all the way out to california. I've always wanted to attend a developers conference, ever since i was invited to e3 few years back. (couldnt go since i'm not a licensed game dev just yet) Man i need to finish wolfenstein so i can start selling my own game with the engine. Need me cash flows!!

~ Wolfenstein pre-D, Now in Pre-Alpha! ~
    Have not yet decided where to stay .. looking forward to meet many of you!

Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Man i'm so jealous, i live out in minnesota, and my crappy job doesnt pay me enough to afford going all the way out to california. I've always wanted to attend a developers conference, ever since i was invited to e3 few years back. (couldnt go since i'm not a licensed game dev just yet) Man i need to finish wolfenstein so i can start selling my own game with the engine. Need me cash flows!!
    I hear ya, man. The only way I can go is using frequent mileage and hotel points. I have to travel a lot on my job. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few coming who work for development companies, who are paying their travel expenses.
    I will be there. I'll be arranging a Thursday night get-together for those who are there. More details to follow.
    I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and swapping development stories and ideas. I'm an ISV who started out developing for the Microsoft Pocket PC devices back in 2001, migrated to the Windows Mobile Platform, and now to the Palm. It will be interesting to learn about other developers backgrounds. Maybe some of us can hook up on Friday after the session is over? Unfortunately, I have a flight at 6:30p on Saturday out of SJC so I won't be able to stick around Sat night.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    If you're in the San Francisco Area before and/or after the Developer Days, please indicate in the following poll: Doodle: Palm Developer Days

Hope to get some people together for sightseeing etc.

Markus
    Sounds like we've got quite a turnout. FYI: we got permission to add more capacity, so a few more people can register. I'll be teaching the Friday session, which is a soup to nuts hands on of webOS. Even if you've never written a webOS app before you'll be able to by the end of the first day.
    Developer Advocate, Palm Inc.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast