Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i've removed all my patches yet dev mode icon remains.. when i do orange+tap it only gives me one button which says "done." no option to delete. version number say 1.4.1.1... it almost seems as if it's now unhidden by default.. anyone else?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    just me?
    You will probably have to reinstall the patch and then remove it!

The patch gives you the ability to see it and if the patch is gone the Pre dosent know what it is.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You will probably have to reinstall the patch and then remove it!

The patch gives you the ability to see it and if the patch is gone the Pre dosent know what it is.
    huh? reinstall? why reinstall when it's already there.. the dev icon is in my launcer and i can use it like normal.. only thing is.. epr didn't remove it and it's not showing up as an installed patch in preware.. it's acting like it's a stock app.. just like if you orange+tap the music icon (or other stock icons) and all it does is give you app info and the done button.. this is what it does when i orange+tap dev mode icon
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    anyone?
    just reinstall the patch with preware . The script that enabled it was erased and that's why you have to reinstall it. Ok then just delete it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the dev mode patch is really a stock ican,we just made it visible that's all. I don't think it can be remove like that,just like all stock apps,you might need a patch for that. Don't worry about that. (smile)
    I used EPR to remove my patches before 1.4.1.1 and the patches that still worked after included: dev mode, hide amazon, nascar, sprint tv, nfl, and youtube...
    decided to run WebOS repair utility and that cleaned up dev mode and the hide youtube patch, but the other ones are still "working" even though they don't show up in my patches via preware or quick install...
    currently running repair utility again to see if it "catches" any other modified files...
    don't forget to make sure you have Doc for 1.4.1.1!
    well, second run of repair utility is clean but these patches continue to "work" without showing up:
    hide nascar
    hide amazon
    hide sprint tv

this after a luna restart and a hard restart...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hmm.. so i think i get it.. this is like the add/delete launcher pages patch.. the launcher pages remain but removing the patches comments the option out.. so even though the patch is gone my dev icon remains? i guess... but my when i ran the epr on my lady friends pre, it removed her dev mode icon.. i dont know.. whatever.. no biggie..