1.    #1  
    I have a specific need to replace u-boot for my project. I have access to the serial port for debugging/halting/booting over serial and halting boot process as well as SD-CARD mod installed to boot from SD. USB host mode works also but it seems that the current boot loader mode does not have support for booting from SD like beagleboard and Omapzoom do.

USB host mode does work on the phone, only tested with a usb keyboard but the key was using a powered usb hub with an SMSC chipset that supports host mode.

I was hoping to get a response from someone who has done this or knows were I could find source that I might build a new version with the features enabled.
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 04/07/2010 at 06:52 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Ok so here is something else I need. for some reason I have certain palm pre motherboards that refuse to send out debugging messages over UART3 no matter what I do. other boards have no problem. I hook up send, recieve and ground to my TTL converter cable 115000,8,n,1 to connect. hit the power button and get the usual "40T" then the bootloader lets me do work before it boots(cant replace internal rom code but installing U-boot onto nand then changing the boot order should work). its kind of a pain in the *** to work on the phone in a jig with just a board while at work so i'm looking for another way to view debugging messages and access the loader. anyone know of anything thats out their for usb since i'm able to connect to a 'limited' bootloader via usb but that does not allow all the same commands. also I dont know how to view the debugging as it happens over the usb cable. can anyone point me in the right direction?
  3.    #3  
    Success!, Managed to replace u-boot on one of my boards using the same recovery procedure thats used on the beagleboard!, rebuilding u-boot configured for the right SDRAM-NAND configuration and now have a fully functional u-boot with the same logging, console commands, full host mode when powered via powered usb hub and can change the boot order as needed. Booting over UART also works now although compared to usb bootloading its PAINfully slow. in a hurry to leave to go home and play around with different configurations so my post will be proof-read later.

Now I can debug the ubuntu kernel i'm building for the board and reconfigure everything as needed!
    Good work!!
    Wait, what? Host mode on the Pre? Running webOS or something else? {Jonathan}
    Fantastic job on your progress, I'd love to hear your end results!
    I wish this was in english so I could do it
    bump

Can anyone help Binary Tech?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Success!, Managed to replace u-boot on one of my boards using the same recovery procedure thats used on the beagleboard!, rebuilding u-boot configured for the right SDRAM-NAND configuration and now have a fully functional u-boot with the same logging, console commands, full host mode when powered via powered usb hub and can change the boot order as needed. Booting over UART also works now although compared to usb bootloading its PAINfully slow. in a hurry to leave to go home and play around with different configurations so my post will be proof-read later.

Now I can debug the ubuntu kernel i'm building for the board and reconfigure everything as needed!
    Hey, can this be applied to a Pre/Pre Plus as well? I'm trying to debug some "other" operating system that simply refuses to boot on Pre Pluses, but runs fine on Pre Minus.

Any pointers on how to do it?

Thanks!!!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Fantastic job.

Could you send me your U-Boot or configuration which I can compile from?