Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    With the 1.4.1.1 update, will the current 720/800mhz overclocking kernels work? or will I turn my speedy Pre into a lame brick?
    Thanks
    unix is testing it now and will let us know in his thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    thank you for not looking two threads down.... USE SEARCH NEXT TIME its your friend

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/238141-b-optimized-webos-1-4-kernel-video-wosqi-720mhz-800-mhz-easy-install-b.html

I took off the http because you dont have 10 posts so you can see the link.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    If you follow the Overclock Kernel thread, you'll see that compatibility - as well as an easier install method - is currently in the works.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    maybe just me, but not sure overclocking will be needed... My phone seems to be flying now... Apps open quickly and smoother... Anybody else?
    Quote Originally Posted by starkillers View Post
    maybe just me, but not sure overclocking will be needed... My phone seems to be flying now... Apps open quickly and smoother... Anybody else?
    Is that a fact? haven't checked it out yet, waiting to see if it will work with the 800, but if i had to chose i will stay with the 800
    on my pre it's a fact.. I had the 720 patch on it... And now since the update that the patch is not on it seems to be just as quick... Definitely an increase
    So you uninstalled the 720Mhz patch?
    I agree the phone is faster, that's why I can't wait for the 800 patch
    yes, patch was uninstalled prior to update... Then updated and phone is much more responsive and apps seem to fly open and closed...
    yes, patch was uninstalled prior to update... Then updated and phone is much more responsive and apps seem to fly open and closed...
    can you imagine the 800 patch on top of that lol
    just installed 1.4.1 - I am not seeing the speed others are describing. Hoping to go back to the 720 or 800 patch (hopefully without heating...)
    Phone does not seem faster, back to lame... Upgrade wasn't about speed, but it did fix my bluetooth car integration. Thanks Palm...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    unix is testing it now and will let us know in his thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Thanks, I try to keep up with that thread but it is quite large now and I don't have time to keep checking it on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    thank you for not looking two threads down.... USE SEARCH NEXT TIME its your friend

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/238141-b-optimized-webos-1-4-kernel-video-wosqi-720mhz-800-mhz-easy-install-b.html

I took off the http because you dont have 10 posts so you can see the link.
    I did see the thread 2 down but the title is inaccurate and I figured that by posting this, it would provide a definitive answer for anyone else searching this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you follow the Overclock Kernel thread, you'll see that compatibility - as well as an easier install method - is currently in the works.
    Thanks, I read about the IPK install method possibly coming to fruition. I guess we'll wait and see!

I'm installing 1.4.1.1 now so I'll be finding that out shortly.
    Never mine wrong thread lol sorry i get confussed sometimes lol
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I am thinking of going back to 1.4.0 to add the over lock kernel, but I am wondering how many people actually are having good luck with the new 1.4.1.1 + the kernel.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay heres the deal. I uninstalled the 800 patch then updated. After I updated I played around with the phone saw it was definitely slower, so I went to the command saw it was back to 500 for sure. Then I went back through the 800 patch install and I have been flying ever since with no side effects so far. It has now been about 13 hours and everything is just as it was before the update. That's just me though and maybe I'm lucky.

by the way has anyone else noticed the too many cards error ismuch less preminent with 1.4.1.1. For instance I opened dungeon hunter with 2 or 3 other cards open and it actually started and I hadn't luna restarted since I updated. Also soccor 2010 wouldn't even run for me half the time with nothing open after a fresh restart and now it opens everytime. I'm on a sprint pre so trust me this is a major improvement.
    Just installed 720MHZ on 1.4.1 .. hopefully wont have any problems *fingers crossed*
    I had 800 installed and then uninstalled it, downloaded and installed 1.4.1, and reinstalled the 800 patch and it's working great.
    I did the 800 to 1.4.1, no problem so far, just like when i was on 1.4

good luck, everyone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast