Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Thanks. I think its only fair that i share with you guys my intentions for the future of the PJW3D engine, which is the name of the engine powering this game. As of right now i'm going to release a functional wolfenstein like engine that will feature all the major functions inherent in wolfenstein 3d. Then i'll release another minor update that will add a few extra features. But there the real kicker comes when i port the engine over to pdk and c++, in which i'll be able to have much richer graphics, better speed, and an overall improved appearance and gameplay.

~ Wolfenstein pre-D, Now in Pre-Alpha! ~
    sounds great I love to demo what you've got so far let me know just pm me see ya
  3.    #63  
    I've got one more feature to get added into the engine before i release another pre-alpha for my testers, and that's the gui system. As of right now it's about half done, but the second half is the hardest half. With this gui system, you'll be able to completely customize the game's gui, be able to make your own stat bar, and relay any kind of information you want the player to see, in either text, number, or image format. All you have to do is add a gui element, then change the gamevar it links to, and bam, there you have a fully functional and customizable gui. i'm quite proud of how far this project is going.

EDIT: SCREENSHOT!!!!!!

Last edited by Indecom; 04/16/2010 at 02:38 PM.

I have a pixi and it works & runs smooth on it if you could give me a way to play the whole game that would beB.A. Thanks m.j.f.
  5.    #65  
    I'm glad to hear that this works on the pixi. At the moment however this isnt actually wolfenstein. What i'm doing is recreating wolfenstein completely by hand, so i've got to reprogram everything in javascript. Then after all that fancy stuff is programmed i can begin to assemble the shareware version, but i believe it would be illegal for me to recreate the entire game, not too mention incredibly time consuming lol.

But like i said, my goal is mainly the shareware episodes. But before work on that can truly begin, i need to finishe programming the game engine that powers everything.

awesome can't wait
  7.    #67  
    Thanks. I think before i end up releasing another pre-alpha for my testers, i have a few things to finish/implement. First thing, which i'd like to get implemented tonight are pickups, things like ammo, health, keys, treasure, all that happy junk lying on the ground that you can take. Then after that, i'll implement the ammo system, which will require a minor overhaul to the weapons system i have right now.

sounds great looks like you've found your nitch maybe you could get out of DG your really good keep it up man see ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    Thanks. I think before i end up releasing another pre-alpha for my testers, i have a few things to finish/implement. First thing, which i'd like to get implemented tonight are pickups, things like ammo, health, keys, treasure, all that happy junk lying on the ground that you can take. Then after that, i'll implement the ammo system, which will require a minor overhaul to the weapons system i have right now.
  9.    #69  
    Maybe i have. I always like games programming, but i think mobile programming is more of a challenge, especially lately, since adding item pickups and the gui have seemed to drastically decrease the frame rate, i've now got a challenge to try and fix that problem without removing the gui, or pickups.

sweet good luck man I broke my phone last week waiting on the cash to fix it but I'm still keeping track of your progress see ya
  11.    #71  
    Alright so turns out this issue is a pretty big one. I'm not sure how much optimizing i can do, but it will be enough for me to at least release my own full game on this, as long as i try to avoid using the gui and pickups as much. But i've got a good idea on how i can do this.

Although, i will stick to my previous statement of progressing the engine, and i'm actually beginning the work that will lead to the c++ and sdl port of this engine, making the move from mojo sdk, to the palm pdk. This move will result in a much better looking game that plays far smoother with more features and less slow down.

cool can't wait lookin forward to the realease thanks for the quick updates
    hey I got your email I'm using my sons pre sense mines broke I'll try to install it tonight and let you know peace out
    chadking
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    I'll be releasing a pre-alpha build here within the coming days. Chances are that this app will work on the pixi, though support isnt built in for the pixi's native resolution, which i can and likely will change. Some of the issues the app is currently displaying are the inability to move the status bar up when you have notifications, which can get rather daunting when you want to see your score, health, and ammo while youre charging the phone as that little notification takes up almost the whole stat bar.

I'm currently working on a new control scheme that i think will be rather comfortable, and it will give you the ability to do everything in the game that you can with the keyboard without having to move your fingers too far to do so, and without giving you cramps in the process. Once i've done this, i might fix the status bar issue, and try to support pixi resolution.

EDIT: Oh, just so you guys know, this is a wolfenstein clone, its not a source port in the least. I'm programming everything from scratch to work as closely to the original as possible, with the renderer being the exception as i started from a sample i found on the web, do i have drastically improved the quality of the renderer.
    i downloaded the alpha version onto my pixi and it works great. hardly any noticeable lag. the only thing is that the status bar is not visible. for this maybe you can switch the wolfenstein banner at the top to the bottom since it seems that that is about the right amount of pixels as what is missing from the pixi.
  15.    #75  
    Thanks danny120, that's a pretty good idea. I'll take that into consideration. Hopefully this port to c++ will continue to work on the pixi as well as the pre so when the project is finished you can keep playing it on your device.

hey I got my phone back can you email me the latest update plz?chadking1983@gmail.com
    are you still alive? LOL haven't heard ne thing in a while hows the game going any luck let me know I'm still VERY interested see ya
    hi it's me again hows the game goin?yes I'm stalking you LOL I don't have much of a life any realse date yet?see ya
    man everything ok you kinda disappeared hope all is well let me know pm me or smething see ya
    Hey this looks awesome! I look forward to buying it in the App Catalog.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast