Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    This application simply launches Google Latitude. Google Latitude lets you see where your friends are. Basically, you can set which friends you share your location with and then they can select to share their location with you. You will then see each other on Google Maps. Your location will be updated each time you open Google Maps. Obviously, there are a whole slew of privacy preferences.
    Anyhow, all this app does is launch Google Maps.

I would also like to note that this does NOT need the iPhone spoof.

edit:
    I finally got this thing submitted to Preware.

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._1.0.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by samid; 04/11/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I had to zip the ipk because it wouldnt let me attach an ipk directly, or at least i couldnt figure it out.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    anyone know how i can add this to the precentral apps?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This doesn't work for me. On both my Pre and my Emulator I get the error: "Google Maps require an internet connection".

If I run Google Maps, Google Maps runs fine.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    hmm, works fine for me. try going to the web and loging into your gmail account, then run the app.
    im at work now, but i will take a look at it tonight when i am free.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Interesting. I did not go log in to Gmail. I tried the app again and this time the app sent me to log in. After that, it worked.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    couldn't figure out how to get this into preware, any help would be appreciated
    I have never uploaded an ipk I just do patches. You might check out the Preware thread and see if they can help. Really like this app. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    i submitted this to precentral, but never received a response.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ok, it should be in preware!
    First, thank you!
    I moved to a Pre from a WinMo phone with Latitude working, and I missed it once I started using the Pre.
    I installed it with no issues and it run fine every time I start Google Maps.

How do I start Google Maps without Latitude. Is there a way to turn it of and off?

Thanks!

OK... Never mind.. I figured it out.. just select "clear map" and it hides latitude.. Cool!
    Last edited by lordielordie; 04/22/2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: RTFM...
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    lordielordie, you just taught me something
    Thank you, samid.
    Your app works fine.
    I'm just curious how does it work?
    Did you modify/patch any of the system files?
    I stumbled across this in Preware and I was very excited. I was just starting to use Latitude on my Blackberry (company makes me carry it) and I really wanted to see it on WebOS. I used it quite a bit since I installed it.

Initially it wouldn't work for me (kept telling me I needed an internet connection). It happened that I replaced my Pre+ due to the infamous keyboard issue. It worked perfectly on the new Pre+, so I'm not sure what changed or if it was conflicting with another patch. But, now that it works, I give it 4 stars.

One request I have is for a way to know whether it is using towers or gps to determine a location for the current position.

My daughter and I were together all weekend, and our locations were always showing several miles apart, and at least a mile from our exact location. I'm guessing it's because we were mostly inside. She is on Sprint/Blackberry, I am on VZ/Pre+. I'm guessing that is as close as we can get based on triangulation using different towers as reference points.

When she is at home in another city, her Latitude location is usually showing in the middle of a river, probably because she doesn't get gps or 3G signal in her building. Knowing that I am looking at a triangulated location would assure me that she hasn't been given cement shoes and dropped in the river by a local crime boss.

It would be interesting if that info could be included in the status. Is that possible, or is it something that Google would have to add to the underlying service?

Anyway, thanks for a great app. I find myself using it much more than I expected, and it's another motivator to get the rest of my family on to smart phones... Especially my kids...
    Quote Originally Posted by CESantos View Post
    This doesn't work for me. On both my Pre and my Emulator I get the error: "Google Maps require an internet connection".

If I run Google Maps, Google Maps runs fine.
    Im having the same problem. Im on wifi with full signal and i get that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by okgnew View Post
    Thank you, samid.
    Your app works fine.
    I'm just curious how does it work?
    Did you modify/patch any of the system files?
    How did you get it to work? Do you have the iphone spoof patch installed? Because i keep getting the google maps requires internet connection message. I restarted phone, removed & reinstalled as well. I dont have the iphone spoof patch installed.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    this is a new error that has been happening. I have a workaround for it temporarily. Open googlemaps normally, then run Google Latitude Launcher.

let me know if that works
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    also, no iphone spoof.
    that doesn't work for me
    i think latitudes a good idea, but it still creeps me out that anyone could know where i am at all times. but it'd great for finding your friends if you were going to meet up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast