View Poll Results: So who wants a Japanese adaptation of justinput?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

56 87.50%
  • No way, keep it Chinese only!

5 7.81%
  • Suggest another language (reply with suggestion)

3 4.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes
    I need someone to develop korean IME!!
    copy and pasting from web is pain in the s
  2.    #62  
    I've been a bit silent on this subject, because I really haven't modified the initial IME I installed on my Pre. I do experience the issues mentioned where it doesn't work in certain applications, although I haven't used the Nihongo mod of the IME which I imagine mangamaniacSA is using.

You should also be aware if you saw the report the other day of the Chinese ROM leak, there seems to be some native IME support coming in the next big WebOS version. This might be a little better than what we currently have and might be moddable for other languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    ------Addendum-------------
    To the people who voted "No" in the poll....really, REALLY!?

The only reason you could be voting "no" is you're an iTroll or Droid bot who wants WebOS to fail.

Any actual WebOS supporters should not be voting "No" on this poll as this project allows advancement to the internationalization of the Palm WebOS operating system. As well as this project does not halt Jeffery's development on justinput for Chinese. He released an update to his Chinese IME mere hours after 1.4.1.

I put the "no" option as a joke and public courtesy. It is not meant to be taken seriously.
    I had no opinion of it either way until I read this reply. Then I voted no.
    I managed to install JustInputJP, but had some problems with Nihongo (the patch, not the language).

Now I'd like to UNINSTALL JustInputJP (because the IME isn't very useful - for some reason, I can't turn it OFF without backing entirely out of the screen where I'm trying to input text). Anybody have thoughts on how to do this without wiping the phone?

Edit: Nevermind. The removal script included with the patched service from Nihongo's installation did the trick, and Nihongo uninstalled easily. A "repair" run-through later, everything's ship-shape!

We really need to get one of the Homebrew developers on this to work with the existing code, update the IME, and add in some intuitive UI features...
    Last edited by BraveMax; 04/09/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Hi,

is there anything new? WebOS 2 is up and running but what's up with IME Support?
    I put together an Ajax based IME for the Japanese language. You must be online to use, as it relies on the google transliteration API for the kanji data. Just type your sentence in hiragana then hit the space bar to get your Kanji list. Customized for the HP Touchpad, but it should work on other tablets. Let me know what you think.

Link to: Japanese IME for HP Touchpad
    Last edited by jmtech; 09/14/2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Text revision
    It looks like there's another JP developer who's developed his own IME:
    もじもか for HP webOS コンセプトバージョンのドキュメント — MojiMoca v0.2.4 documentation

I'll try and install it after work tonight and report back...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    It looks like there's another JP developer who's developed his own IME:
    もじもか for HP webOS コンセプトバージョンのド*ュメント — MojiMoca v0.2.4 documentation

I'll try and install it after work tonight and report back...
    did you try this? Did it work?
    Hi guys any development on this issue?
    Sorry for the extreme delay. I ended up picking this up again, and am testing out mini's IME and JP support found here:

webOS

The IME is a standalone app where you type in Japanese, then copy/paste into whatever text box you choose. It's not as integrated as I'd like, but its a starting point. I'll revisit the mojimoka sometime soon.
    Great, thanks for keeping us up to date. My partner will be so happy!
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I reward the development of a complete Japanse IME and Keyboard as in Windows already existent with 100$ as well the person who develops shall have the rights to licence it further.
    as already mentioned in this post.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ndows-7-a.html
    OK. Finally got mojimoka installed. It's quite better than MinIME ; still not perfect nor a fully integrated solution, but very functional.

Basically the jist is; this is also a separate IME app that has functionality (through the dev's other app JustAction) to send the Japanese text into a new message/email/calendar entry/facebook entry/etc directly from the app without having to copy/paste. It has dependencies on Google IME's API, but does have a local dictionary and also predictive typing (which I haven't messed around too much with yet). It also loads an icon at the bottom so you can load the IME w/o having to go to the card, which I really like.

I can write up a brute translation of his installation found here if interested: アプリケーションモードの導入 — MojiMoca v0.2.7 documentation

But basically what I did was download the 3 ipks on his download page (「もじもか」とは — MojiMoca v0.2.7 documentation), unzip the dictionary file in predictive-dict-from-naist-dict.zip and put it in /media/internal so that the predictive IPK could load it. Then I loaded JustAction (found on JustActionとは — JustAction v0.0.2 documentation.

His documentation mentions two types of modes - an application mode and extention (sp) mode; i have yet to dive in extention so thats where I'm going to focus on next.

BTW I'm doing this all on a Pre3; I don't have a touchpad to test this on so the virtual keyboard may be different. It does seem to be supported though!
    Fantastic stuff. If you could do a translation it would help. My partner is Japanese, but non-technical. I'm allegedly technical, but don't read/speak Japanese.
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234