View Poll Results: So who wants a Japanese adaptation of justinput?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

56 87.50%
  • No way, keep it Chinese only!

5 7.81%
  • Suggest another language (reply with suggestion)

3 4.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    I thought the on-board terminal app has been broken since 1.4.0? I know it doesn't work on my Pixi+, just reboots the phone every time i try to launch it.
    I don't know about the Pixi+, but I am running a Sprint Pre w/ webos version 1.4.1.1 and terminal version 0.2.3 and it works just fine.
  2.    #42  
    JustInputPy is not Japanese Input it's one of the Chinese inputs, all you need JustInputJp. I gave Jeffery the dictionary of katakana characters last weekend. Waiting on him to upload a new version.
    Are you guys aware of Nihongo? It's sort of a hack over JustInputJp, that has an interface for options and also to turn the IME on/off. Installation seems a bit more complex, but not too bad. It uses the sym key to activate the IME, so it seems that it might still be possible to use the virtual keyboard with this hack. More info on this page:
    Nihongo プレビュー版 ミニーの独り言 (´○`)はぁ~
    I'd be really interested in this, so that I could still use the Russian keyboard along the japanese one.
    Okay, so there is no way of having both Japanese and Chinese input using the jsutinput right? Cause there are 2 different zip files for Jp and Py.
    Also wonder if there is anyway to change the double tap gesture area behaviour as this conflicts with the virtual keyboard...
  6.    #46  
    I'll have to talk to Jeffery to see if he plans to continue his project. I'm going to try out the Nihongo IME. It seems to toggle via the SYM key instead of the gesture area.
    I have patched the JustInputJP 1.2.7 to include Katakana support, though I'm not a fluent Japanese speaker, so I don't know if my Katakana dictionary is complete. All credit for the code goes to Jeffery for the original service, which has been great for me, I just wanted to get some katakana support added quickly. I'm posting my version just to share, but if Jeffery doesn't want it made available, I will remove it. You can find my version here. I versioned it 1.2.8 just to differentiate it from the original 1.2.7.

Installation instructions are the same as the previous version. Once again, thanks to Jeffery for a great service, I just made a quick patch for it.
    i would really appreciate korean input too!! ^^ please someone develop a korean IME for us minorities!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    hand goes up
    \|/
    ^
    ^
    ^yes
    YES! i'm so glad someone out there agrees with me! ^^
    .... or i hope you're agreeing with me... HAHA
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Count me in. I look forward to trying out A.Stice's version soon! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I kept trying to get it to work in ClassicNote, and finally discovered it doesn't work there. It works fine in email.

After playing with it a bit, I tapped twice to launch it, started to type something, and then used the "." to cycle forward through the choices and "@" to cycle back, then Enter. Well done! Thanks.
    I'm having some trouble inputting some simple japanese verbs like 飲む = のむ = nomu = to drink

I got curious and downloaded an SQLite database browser to look at the database.db file.
    If I wanted to change what choices are offered when I type in nomu, is it as simple as editing the database, replacing the database.db file on the PRE and then rerunning install.sh?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vongvibool View Post
    I got curious and downloaded an SQLite database browser to look at the database.db file.
    Thanks for the heads-up on this program! I'm currently working on the Code Cabinet app tutorial and this looks like it will be very useful

Quote Originally Posted by vongvibool View Post
    If I wanted to change what choices are offered when I type in nomu, is it as simple as editing the database, replacing the database.db file on the PRE and then rerunning install.sh?
    Not sure, but i don't think you have to rerun the installer, just overwrite the .db file afaikafaikafaik.
    Has anyone got the Nihongo hack to work? I've been trying all night to follow the steps and I did them exactly as it says, but I wasn't able to get it to work... x_x I would either get an error saying the patch wasn't applied, or the service wasn't there (even though the service is installed)
    id love to see this
    I'm really glad and thankful that there is a way to input japanese

I just thought it got broken after an update. A reinstall did the trick. But there was an error that a file (forgot to write it down) is missing.

cheers
    This would be awesome. It's one of the main reasons I'm considering jumping ship at this point. I would have expected Japanese support to be built into webOS a long time ago but apparently the phone never made it to the Japanese market before Palm went bust...
    After having it installed now for a while, I must admit that it doesn't work with several programms, like the webbrowser.

I can activate it, but it won't show suggestions and use the keys I tapped.

What have I to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkybot View Post
    After having it installed now for a while, I must admit that it doesn't work with several programms, like the webbrowser.

I can activate it, but it won't show suggestions and use the keys I tapped.

What have I to do?
    Not sure what to tell you. I'm using the patched version with kana support on my Pre and it works fine in the web browser and everywhere else, although it can be a little tricky using it in the universal search, since you can't activate it until you've hit a key, then backspacing to remove the english letter disables the search function :P
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast