View Poll Results: So who wants a Japanese adaptation of justinput?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do!

    56 87.50%
  • No way, keep it Chinese only!

    5 7.81%
  • Suggest another language (reply with suggestion)

    3 4.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #21  
    by the way. Is everyone here learning japanese as well?


    I just reread the thread and seems like miniIme was already discussed I am sorry.
    Last edited by jusegozu; 04/03/2010 at 10:59 PM.
  2. #22  
    can't reply with links..
  3. #23  
    the first version of JustInput for Japanese was sent out this night.
    check it from my blog
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    by the way. Is everyone here learning japanese as well?


    I just reread the thread and seems like miniIme was already discussed I am sorry.
    That is ok, the idea with this project was to go beyond what MiniIME accomplished and create an IME system in the OS, not an app.

    Quote Originally Posted by jefferycn View Post
    can't reply with links..
    When you reach 10 posts you can use links


    The first build of JustInputJp is up
    Just feel my simple life… JustInput

    -----------Addendum------------
    Remember that the first build is a test build

    I've installed it and tested for a little bit. It activates like the Virtual Keyboard, 2 Meta-Taps(gesture area taps) because of this virtual keyboard probably won't work with this installed.

    It works, but I will admit not completely usable for Japanese Input at the moment purely because of how it works with the dictionary. It is a good start.
  5. #25  
    Remember that the first build is a test build

    I've installed it and tested for a little bit. It activates like the Virtual Keyboard, 2 Meta-Taps(gesture area taps) because of this virtual keyboard probably won't work with this installed.

    It works, but I will admit not completely usable for Japanese Input at the moment purely because of how it works with the dictionary. It is a good start.
    fully describe how would you like the software should be, then I can go on the research.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferycn View Post
    fully describe how would you like the software should be, then I can go on the research.
    I was planning to on your blog in a little bit. I'm still testing a few words and grammar structures.
  7. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #27  
    I've tried Mini's IME 1.4.0 and JustInputJp 1.2.7 and they both work great. I'll probably go with JustInputJp because it fully integrates into the OS.
    Just double-tap the gesture area while in an input field to enable japanese input;
    @ moves the highlighted selection to the left
    . moves the highlighted selection to the right
    <space> inputs the highlighted selection

    whereas with Mini's IME you have to copy from the app and paste into the input field. Still a very nice app though, especially the launcher icon

    I just saw that Mini made dictionaries for JustInputJp here:
    Dictionary for Justinput Japanese version ミニーの独り言 (´○`)はぁ~

    I've downloaded them but not sure where to put them;

    /media/internal/JustInputJp/

    or somewhere else?

    The page doesn't specify. Has anyone else installed the dictionaries?
  8. #28  
    I guess JustInputJp will not be suitable for people who have loaded the virtual keyboard, because it also requires a double-tap on the gesture area
  9. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #29  
    I'm using a Pixi+ so no need for the virtual keyboard, but i'm actually going to keep both apps anyway, just realized that Mimi's has katakana support; JustInputJp doesn't, at least not yet
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    I'm using a Pixi+ so no need for the virtual keyboard, but i'm actually going to keep both apps anyway, just realized that Mimi's has katakana support; JustInputJp doesn't, at least not yet
    Yeah jeffery has tasked me to build the katakana dictionary, I'm currently working on it. I just been having a busy week. All my nights have been occupied or ending short for a very early start I hope to have it ready by Saturday.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    I've tried Mini's IME 1.4.0 and JustInputJp 1.2.7 and they both work great. I'll probably go with JustInputJp because it fully integrates into the OS.
    Just double-tap the gesture area while in an input field to enable japanese input;
    @ moves the highlighted selection to the left
    . moves the highlighted selection to the right
    <space> inputs the highlighted selection

    whereas with Mini's IME you have to copy from the app and paste into the input field. Still a very nice app though, especially the launcher icon

    I just saw that Mini made dictionaries for JustInputJp here:
    Dictionary for Justinput Japanese version ミニーの独り言 (´○`)はぁ~

    I've downloaded them but not sure where to put them;

    /media/internal/JustInputJp/

    or somewhere else?

    The page doesn't specify. Has anyone else installed the dictionaries?
    You don't need the dictionaries that Mini posted. They look like exported copies of the sqlite tables in justinput's sqlite databases.(still lacking katakana)



    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Kyasuko-san

    麿 自称 如く 邦人 IME

    caj2008

    PS: hiragana and katagana for English speakers
    なんでやねん!?

    hiragana works just fine, the IME does not have a table for katakana characters like it does for hiragana. Which will be added when I finish. Hiragana and katakana are not just for English speakers it is necessary for Japanese speakers.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    by the way. Is everyone here learning japanese as well?


    I just reread the thread and seems like miniIme was already discussed I am sorry.
    I am... well, trying to teach myself anyways...
  13. #33  
    Can anyone explain to me how to install the justinputJp software? It said something about connecting to the Pre w/ Putty (which I couldn't get to work), and then doing something else. Usually I'm pretty tech savvy, but some stuff just leaves me in the dust (lack of experience w/ certain software I guess). Any help would be appreciated.
  14. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mangamaniacSA View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how to install the justinputJp software? It said something about connecting to the Pre w/ Putty (which I couldn't get to work), and then doing something else.
    I was kinda confused at first too, since all the instructions seem to be for connecting through ssh, which i haven't bothered figuring out yet, but through usb it's pretty simple...

    1. Put your device in dev mode, plug into pc, and select usb mode
    2. Extract the JustInputJp.zip to the root (/media/internal)
    3. Eject from usb mode, then open a terminal session either through novaterm or WOSQI command line
    4. Enter the following:

    cd /media/internal/JustInputJp
    sh install.sh

    It should install and prompt you to reboot when it's finished. That's all
  15. #35  
    My problem is that I want to use both Japanese and Russian IME. This is looking quite difficult, because both use the double tap to start the IME.

    Would it be possible to change some setting so that either Justinput or the virtual keyboard uses a different gesture to start?

    Guys, we desperately need a webOS version of Wdic as well. I'm still using it on my TX, and I don't want to have to use Classic whenever I want to check a definition.

    Who could develop Wdic for webOS? Any idea?
  16. #36  
    im thrilled you say its possible to install through quickinstall, because i also didnt get putty to work.
    i extracted the folder to my pre root directory (E:\JustInputPy)

    1)what do you mean with this /media/internal/? i dont have such a folder.. and didnt you say root?

    2) i dont know how to get into that \JustInputPy directory via the linux commandline of quick install. it does not work typing cd /justinputpy oder cd justinputpy/ or any other combination. what am i doing wrong?
  17. #37  
    ok, realized, i DO have that folder :-P

    i seem to get into the directory typing cd /media/internal/JustinPutPy/
    but when i enter sh install.sh i get this:

    root@palm-webos-device: cd /media/internal/JustInputPy/sh install.sh
    sh: can't open install.sh
    root@palm-webos-device:

    any ideas? the file IS there, definitely...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    I was kinda confused at first too, since all the instructions seem to be for connecting through ssh, which i haven't bothered figuring out yet, but through usb it's pretty simple...

    1. Put your device in dev mode, plug into pc, and select usb mode
    2. Extract the JustInputJp.zip to the root (/media/internal)
    3. Eject from usb mode, then open a terminal session either through novaterm or WOSQI command line
    4. Enter the following:

    cd /media/internal/JustInputJp
    sh install.sh

    It should install and prompt you to reboot when it's finished. That's all
    This also works if you use the Terminal program on the Pre. Boy my Unix/Linux is RUSTY.
  19. #39  
    Exactly thats what i wanted to say

    i finally got it to work. that quick install commandline didnt work for me. by hazard i got the terminal app when i was scrolling through preware. this is by far the easiest thing to do!

    for everybody wondering how to install this:

    1) get terminal app from preware!
    2) extract zip folder to root directory of your pre per usb (/media/internal/justinputpy)
    3) open terminal app and type
    first: cd /media/internal/justinputpy/
    then: sh install.sh
  20. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donbelievable View Post
    1) get terminal app from preware!
    2) extract zip folder to root directory of your pre per usb (/media/internal/justinputpy)
    3) open terminal app and type
    first: cd /media/internal/justinputpy/
    then: sh install.sh
    I thought the on-board terminal app has been broken since 1.4.0? I know it doesn't work on my Pixi+, just reboots the phone every time i try to launch it.

    Where are you getting "JustInputPy"? It's "JustInputJp"...I think the JustInputPy is a similar app for another language...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions