Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is possible, but I would love a HS app. Here is an overview of what HotSchedules is from their website:

HotSchedules is the single source for all your staff scheduling and labor management needs. HotSchedules web-based scheduling solution helps your business streamline your staff scheduling process, while providing your staff and management with effective communication and labor management tools to efficiently manage your time and labor costs.

Basically it is a website where a restaurant can post their employee's work schedules. From there, you can pick up shifts, release shifts, swap shifts, etc. I've been using the website but since 1.4 it has not been working reliably, and it never really worked well in the first place.

It would be really cool if it could automatically add your work schedule to your calender. It would probably sell really well in the app catalog too. There are a bunch of restaurants franchises that use this service. Someone should see if they could look into this

Here is the main website:
    http://www.hotschedules.com/
    Last edited by nodforce; 03/29/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Any developer is going to need to understand what you mean by "Hot Schedules." The better you define the details, the more pleased you will be by the resulting app. thorne
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, I thought it was a popular service. My apologies, OP is edited.
    It seems like Google Calendar could be used for this, and Google calendar integrates with the Pre very well. We use Google Calendar to schedule our tennis club's courts and it works very well. The calendars can be individualized and shared.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I agreee that would be nice, but they don't offer any ical or other kind of URL or anything to integrate into google calender. Does that mean that it will have to be made officially by them?
    No, I mean just use Google Calendar and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm doing that now. Its just a pain to have to put in my schedule every week. Plus it would be nice to be able to view who I'm working with or be able to swap, pick up, and release shifts straight from my phone. But thank you for the help
    I use hotschedules.com as well and I spoke to their development department about a month ago; I was told they will begin working on one for WebOS after they've made one for andriod.
    ok, I think I see what you want. You want to use the data from that service. I wonder if they have an API? If so, it wouldn't be hard to write.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    +1 !! I too use HS for work and find it a pain in the **** and sometimes impossible to use on my Pre. I have seen that HS put out a blackberry app. I would def use this and greatly appreciate this app as well.