1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to create a photo group in the photo app programaticaly?

My app allows a user to download photos and stores them in a folder underneath the /media partition, but they don't show up in the photo app unless I store them in the wallpapers folder. I'd like to store the photos in a the folder structure /media/myapp and then have a group in the photo app called "MyAPP" that shows all images from that folder.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullerup View Post
    Does anyone know how to create a photo group in the photo app programaticaly?

My app allows a user to download photos and stores them in a folder underneath the /media partition, but they don't show up in the photo app unless I store them in the wallpapers folder. I'd like to store the photos in a the folder structure /media/myapp and then have a group in the photo app called "MyAPP" that shows all images from that folder.
    Try /media/internal/myapp
  3.    #3  
    Tried that already. Is it supposed to create the group automatically? Because the only items I have listed when I go into the Photos app are the "Photo Roll" and "Wallpapers"
    If I understand correctly what you are asking:

Mount your device as a USB drive on your computer.

Within the DCIM folder, create folders (Album names) and move the picts to the folders. This will show up in the PHOTO app as albums.

For example, theses are some of the sub-folders in my DCIM folder that show up as albums (sub-categories) within the PHOTO app:

• 04July2009
    • 100PALM (this one's created by webOS itself, if I'm not mistaken)
    • Europe Trip
    • Family
    • Funny
    • Knox
    • Louisiana
    • Misc
    • NYC
    • Pets
    • Remodel

Is that what you were asking?

P.S. I have 1200+ picts in my phone, so this is how I keep them subdivided. You can also do this using Jason Robitaille's INTERNALZ webOS app, but I find it easier to do it on my desktop PC.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the response, but that really wasn't what i was asking.

I'm developing an application that does movie lookups from a website. Part of the app displays a list of movie posters on the screen for whatever movie the user searched for. When the user taps and holds one of the movie posters, a dialog prompts the user to download the image to the device. I'm using a WebOS service call to save the image to the media partition (/media/internal/MyApp) and everything is working fine in that regard.

However, after the images are downloaded they're not showing up in the photos app. I'd like for them to show up there under a grouping called "MyApp" (which I assumed they would since they were being downloaded to /media/internal/MyApp)
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I've gotten a little farther in figuring it out. I can manipulate the folder and file structure manually (either through a terminal or via windows explorer) and my changes will automatically show up in the photo app. However, if I use my application to programaticaly download a file and store it, the photo app still refuses to see it.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, solved it. For anyone who is interested (or anyone else who has the same problem) it looks like there's a bug in version 1.4 that prevents images from being downloaded properly to the device. Check this thread over at developer.palm.com

Forums webOS • View topic - How to save image?