1.    #1  
    Alright, so im gonna learn to program for webOS, im 17, learning HTML using w3schools.com. Next is CSS. Then Java Script. Im taking Java II in my highschool right now, and we get college level projects, using blue j. Do you think Java Script is going to be hard? It looks really different than the normal stuff I use, so what do you think?
    nah, javascript is easier in my opinion. i'd just download the sdk and start going through some tutorials. no need to wait. good luck, and let us know if you need any help.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    nah, javascript is easier in my opinion. i'd just download the sdk and start going through some tutorials. no need to wait. good luck, and let us know if you need any help.
    Sweet! Thanks! Im gonna be here pretty often, seeing as I have no device to test the an app on. Also, is your name shane? Because its my name too..just thought that was cool
    JavaScript is very different from Java, so don't expect the knowledge you get from school to carry over very much to webOS development (aside from general programming concepts and some syntax that's common to all C-based languages). The w3schools site has a good intro to JavaScript, and be sure to look at Doug Crockford's JavaScript site for some really important insights and design patterns.

JavaScript itself isn't hard. Using it in a bug-resistant way takes a bit of effort. Using third-party libraries and frameworks, such as Prototype and Mojo, also takes some effort.
  5.    #5  
    Hm thanks guys! It kinda bugs me that I have to learn somethine completely new, even if it is easy. I hate saying this, but its making me turned off to getting a pre plus. I cant develop for android (im not at that level of java yet), and I keep reading all these posts and what not about devs. and their problems. But all well, Ill try it anyways!
    JavaScript isn't hard at all! Once you learn the basics of JavaScript be sure to spend a little time learning the Prototype Framework as well (webOS is currently built around it). There are some useful functions in there.

Something I posted a while back that may help: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2017045
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL