Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    so yesterday I had to remove the 800mhz kernel and go back to the stock one. Things seemed ok, but was a little laggier than the usual stock speeds. Then I left to go bar hop for the night. Funny stuff was going down and I wanted to record it... I'm sure you can guess.. THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!

    I had to battery pull and reset. 30 mins later, I wanna check for missed calls/sms and the same thing happened! I had to battery pull like 3 times at the bar cuz I couldn't do a simple task!

    when I got home, I plugged it in and passed out. This morning, I'm woken up by banging on the door. My buddy stand there and says "i left something here, I've been callin you non stop man." yup, my phone was frozen AGAIN!

    so I did EPR(Emergency Patch Recovery) and NOW I'm back to normal. I'm thinkin maybe the kernel may not play well with some patches and just screwed things up or maybe one of the patches were corrupting my device?

    I dunno. Point is, maybe we shouldn't install a TON of patches with the 800 kernel. Any similar experiences?

    I'm gunna try to reinstall the kernel tonight without having ANY patches for a couple days to test it out.

    how many patches do YOU have with the 720/800mhz kernel?
  2. #2  
    yeah having probbs with my camera now... can't use it at all...
  3. #3  
    I haven't had any problems. I was an alpha tester for 1.3.5 and 1.4. I have over 100 patches on my phone.
  4.    #4  
    I couldn't even get to my camera, it would freeze in my pocket
  5. #5  
    Have you thought that it might be a patch gone bad before the 800 and the patch just accelerated the problem.
  6. #6  
    I also had the same problem with the camera. I rest the phone and it worked fine after that.?
  7. #7  
    no problems here, have 800mhz..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you thought that it might be a patch gone bad before the 800 and the patch just accelerated the problem.
    I really hope this is the case, but I wasn't experiencing problems with the patches before the new kernel. But it could have been unnoticable until acelerated, then it just went crazy.

    you made a good point, thanks.
  9. #9  
    my phone is still freezing even after a visit to the doctor. I removed the 800 patch yesterday and all hell broke loose. It is driving me crazy!
  10. #10  
    it could be a corrupted Palm Profile.

    worst case scenario: turn Backup OFF, then run a full erase or redoctor and start 100% from scratch.

    I had to do that on one our of Pres,,a bad app or something jacked up the Palm Profile, making the entire phone sluggish even after a doctor restore
  11. #11  
    I have about 40 various patches and everything works great for me. I would backup, full erase, then doctor just to make sure you get a fresh start. I personally think it would be worth the whole hour that it takes.
  12.    #12  
    thanks. Yeah I'm sure a doctoring and starting a new profile should do the trick. I'll have to take a hit on the apps I bought tho, right?
  13. #13  
    no, the palm profile (email address used on palm profile) has all your app ID tied to it.

    it will redownload automatically, you're ok with that
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    no, the palm profile (email address used on palm profile) has all your app ID tied to it.

    it will redownload automatically, you're ok with that
    yeah, but a NEW profile would mean from scratch, which would not include my apps (which one could be corrupt)
  15. #15  
    you're going about it the wrong way.

    turn the backup from your pre to OFF and it WILL wipe your palm profile (which consits of contatcs, calendar, and tasks)

    the app ID will stay tied to your email.

    try it, you might learn something
  16. #16  
    Having issues with my camera too. When I launch the camera app, it starts then I get a grey screen. If I restart my phone it works fine for awhile then the same happens again. That looks like the only issue...so far. I love the new speeds though!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you're going about it the wrong way.

    turn the backup from your pre to OFF and it WILL wipe your palm profile (which consits of contatcs, calendar, and tasks)

    the app ID will stay tied to your email.

    try it, you might learn something
    don't take this the wrong way, but what's the point of that if it could be a app causing issues? Could syncing of contacts/calendar/etc really screw up webOS?
  18. #18  
    I found patch residue in my palm profile, causing sluggishness

    case in point was the brigtness unlinked program, and the patch to launch brightness unlinked on a luna restart.

    even after a fresh doctor, and full reset (heck even went to a doctor 1.2, which completely wipes out EVERYTHING), the brigtness unlinked still remmebered by settings (17% brightness).

    Just trust me when I say I've been messing with the Pre so much I know my way around it pretty well.

    if you have issues and am okay with reloading your email accounts, which in my opinion is not a big deal, turn OFF backup, full erase and start off fresh.

    it will cure your problems, try it

    PS- hopefully you got your contactsstored on google.. And if not get the 'send all contacts to email' patch found on preware and back you your contacts first
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I found patch residue in my palm profile, causing sluggishness

    case in point was the brigtness unlinked program, and the patch to launch brightness unlinked on a luna restart.

    even after a fresh doctor, and full reset (heck even went to a doctor 1.2, which completely wipes out EVERYTHING), the brigtness unlinked still remmebered by settings (17% brightness).

    Just trust me when I say I've been messing with the Pre so much I know my way around it pretty well.

    if you have issues and am okay with reloading your email accounts, which in my opinion is not a big deal, turn OFF backup, full erase and start off fresh.

    it will cure your problems, try it

    PS- hopefully you got your contactsstored on google.. And if not get the 'send all contacts to email' patch found on preware and back you your contacts first
    thank you for a good explanation. I will try that in about an hour and get back later tonight after UFC 111
  20. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    Having issues with my camera too. When I launch the camera app, it starts then I get a grey screen. If I restart my phone it works fine for awhile then the same happens again. That looks like the only issue...so far. I love the new speeds though!
    This is a known issue before the 800 mhz came out. There are some posts about this and also on the Palm forums!!! I had same problem and some reason it's gone...not sure why...


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions