Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I am starting to get very disillusioned with Palm and what i can expect from WebOS with regards to apps.

    The slogan, Life moves fast, don't miss a thing does not ring true to what you can do with your phone.

    For example: You have an iPhone and with it you use it to travel around the rail and road networks, to and from home and work. So with you phone you have all these apps that can keep you in tune with service updates on the London Underground and plan your journey around London with it, check train timetables, keep up with the traffic status via the Highways Agency app and get a good all round view of the news and even order a pizza and cinema ticket. If you are used to having this information at your fingertips it will be a blow to not have it.

    This is where i find myself, as do others with a Pre. All we seem to be hearing now is that Palm are getting games ported across but hang on, i don't want all these games, the battery won't run them for very long and i have an xbox at home to play games on.

    What we see now is soft **** and apps that give you so called amazing facts and quotes and i am sure Palm approve the rubbish apps just to get the numbers up. Does Palm know what their target market is, is it the business user, the gamer or others? If

    It seems Palm have an identity crisis and can't decide what they want to do. I understand they can't please everyone but they need to decide who they are going to target.

    Decent productive and useful apps need to be developed and Palm should of had these things sorted a long time ago and it appears they are playing catch up. I know they don't write the apps but why did they not have all the developers from every country making apps before the release? Example, Palm say they will be selling the Pre in the UK so why on earth did they not get on the phone to UK developers and invite them over to see what WebOS can do, give them a phone to take away and play with and i am sure that we would be looking at a healthy app store and lots of sales.

    Thoughts?

    People ask me about it and i say it's a great phone OS but thats all. No apps, build quality is poor and with every OS update things seem to go wrong. Now their reaction to that is 'i won't be getting one' makes me think why did i bother?
  2. #2  
    I get your point...I really do. But, don't you think you're being a bit harsh on the Pre? And Palm in general?
    I admit...I'm a loyal Palm guy. I hate Apple...and will never purchase ANYTHING from that company even if it's the last company producing ANYTHING left on Earth. Why? Because I'm sick of all the brainwashed morons who are fanatic about Apple. I bought a PC, and instead of my friend telling me something nice...he said I wasted money and should've bought a Mac because it's SOOOOO much better.
    Then you have the ***** iJustine! That worthless waste of space is an Apple shill and put down the Pre on the first day because there weren't 1000 idiots waiting in the rain for the Pre to be released!
    Apple and Google, just to name a couple, have been actively Kok-blocking Palm and Pre. I have to use an ebook reader from Homebrews because the major retailers refuse to make a reader for WebOS...even though the whole mobile ebook fad WAS STARTED ON A PALM PDA!!! Amazon bought MobiPocket and will not make software for WebOS. If they could remove the existing Palm Treo app, I'm sure they would! These guys know that WebOS is a much better OS than anything Apple or Google has right now...and Palm actually gives us updates to improve our existing phone instead of making us buy a whole new phone like Apple did.
    Remember the first iPhone? It was a piece of crap! It sold because of the brainwashed minions...and it was neat...something new. But, when they added video, you had to buy a new iPhone....we got an update!

    Yes, I would like to have more REAL apps than we do have...but, all those apps you're talking about? They didn't exist for the iPhone until the 3G came out in 2008....and really, most of them only came out last year...a good 2 years to 3 years after iPhone was released...so don't give me this boo-hoo story about how Palm isn't up to speed.
    They can only do what they can....and when you have major monopoly robber barons like Steve Jobs and the two Asperger savants at Google blocking your attempt to make a serviceable product, it's up to us to make a stink...but not with Palm. We should say something to Apple and Google for doing what they're doing.
    Walk into any phone store, and the kids who work there are pushing the Droid...which, imo, SUUUUUUUUCKS!! I've NEVER liked anything by HTC...but that's getting more play from the salespeople than Palm is.
    And, the fact is, the way I feel about Apple...well...there are many people who feel that way about Palm because they pretty much made handheld computing into the giant it is today....

    I don't want to count Palm out, yet...but, if you guys are disillusioned with Palm...go to Apple. If you want a bunch of apps to entertain your life away, then, by all means, go for it. But, don't blame Palm because there isn't an app to tell you your water's boiling or that there's a train leaving your stop in 15 minutes (even though you already freakin' know that from taking the train for the last 10 years!!)...or some other worthless app that the iPhone pushes you to believe you need.

    There's a word for what you're craving, my friend. It's called "Trinket Capitalism"...where the corpos push us to purchase things we really don't need. These complaints are the exact reason why an average CEO makes 365 times what his entry-level associate makes! It's also why the West is dying and the East is picking up the slack.
    Sorry...didn't mean to go all Shock Doctrine on ya! Lol...I feel ya, man! Really, I do...but I can't blame Palm anymore. It's been obvious to me for some time that the big hitters in the mobile field are trying to destroy Palm..and that's a shame. It's like how Betamax was pushed out in favor of VHS... I'm afraid that the jokers at Apple/Google are going to kill a wonderful OS! I hope I'm wrong..

    BTW...sorry my thoughts are all over the place. I'm a bit miffed right now because a rip-off plumber tried to rip me off for $500 and I have to fight it now! I wasn't completely concentrating on the subject at hand which is why I was jumping all over the place. But, you get my point, right?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    I get your point...I really do. But, don't you think you're being a bit harsh on the Pre? And Palm in general?
    I admit...I'm a loyal Palm guy. I hate Apple...and will never purchase ANYTHING from that company even if it's the last company producing ANYTHING left on Earth. Why? Because I'm sick of all the brainwashed morons who are fanatic about Apple. I bought a PC, and instead of my friend telling me something nice...he said I wasted money and should've bought a Mac because it's SOOOOO much better.
    Then you have the ***** iJustine! That worthless waste of space is an Apple shill and put down the Pre on the first day because there weren't 1000 idiots waiting in the rain for the Pre to be released!
    Apple and Google, just to name a couple, have been actively Kok-blocking Palm and Pre. I have to use an ebook reader from Homebrews because the major retailers refuse to make a reader for WebOS...even though the whole mobile ebook fad WAS STARTED ON A PALM PDA!!! Amazon bought MobiPocket and will not make software for WebOS. If they could remove the existing Palm Treo app, I'm sure they would! These guys know that WebOS is a much better OS than anything Apple or Google has right now...and Palm actually gives us updates to improve our existing phone instead of making us buy a whole new phone like Apple did.
    Remember the first iPhone? It was a piece of crap! It sold because of the brainwashed minions...and it was neat...something new. But, when they added video, you had to buy a new iPhone....we got an update!

    Yes, I would like to have more REAL apps than we do have...but, all those apps you're talking about? They didn't exist for the iPhone until the 3G came out in 2008....and really, most of them only came out last year...a good 2 years to 3 years after iPhone was released...so don't give me this boo-hoo story about how Palm isn't up to speed.
    They can only do what they can....and when you have major monopoly robber barons like Steve Jobs and the two Asperger savants at Google blocking your attempt to make a serviceable product, it's up to us to make a stink...but not with Palm. We should say something to Apple and Google for doing what they're doing.
    Walk into any phone store, and the kids who work there are pushing the Droid...which, imo, SUUUUUUUUCKS!! I've NEVER liked anything by HTC...but that's getting more play from the salespeople than Palm is.
    And, the fact is, the way I feel about Apple...well...there are many people who feel that way about Palm because they pretty much made handheld computing into the giant it is today....

    I don't want to count Palm out, yet...but, if you guys are disillusioned with Palm...go to Apple. If you want a bunch of apps to entertain your life away, then, by all means, go for it. But, don't blame Palm because there isn't an app to tell you your water's boiling or that there's a train leaving your stop in 15 minutes (even though you already freakin' know that from taking the train for the last 10 years!!)...or some other worthless app that the iPhone pushes you to believe you need.

    There's a word for what you're craving, my friend. It's called "Trinket Capitalism"...where the corpos push us to purchase things we really don't need. These complaints are the exact reason why an average CEO makes 365 times what his entry-level associate makes! It's also why the West is dying and the East is picking up the slack.
    Sorry...didn't mean to go all Shock Doctrine on ya! Lol...I feel ya, man! Really, I do...but I can't blame Palm anymore. It's been obvious to me for some time that the big hitters in the mobile field are trying to destroy Palm..and that's a shame. It's like how Betamax was pushed out in favor of VHS... I'm afraid that the jokers at Apple/Google are going to kill a wonderful OS! I hope I'm wrong..

    BTW...sorry my thoughts are all over the place. I'm a bit miffed right now because a rip-off plumber tried to rip me off for $500 and I have to fight it now! I wasn't completely concentrating on the subject at hand which is why I was jumping all over the place. But, you get my point, right?
    My request for decent apps is not meant to offend anyone!

    The apps i used are free and Apple didn't tell me i wanted to look at train times or see what delays are on the roads or plan a tube journey and check on service updates, they are things i need to know to get about. Apple haven't told me i want to check my bank balance, i want to. Apple also didn't tell me i want to book a cinema ticket. These apps are all things that make life a little bit easier after all, life moves fast, don't miss a thing!

    Palm have not helped themselves, they could have made things better for all and i do hope that Palm and WebOS stick around, its a great OS but has nothing to back it up with and that may change but right now, they can't offer people what they want or need in the way of applications. I do hope it changes. I am not loyal to palm or Apple or anyother phone maker, i go where my needs are met. I was told Palm met my needs and they have fallen short. I appreciate that those apps i would like to have didn't exist for the iPhone straight away but the fact is they do. Now what Palm need to ask is why would people change from an iPhone to a Palm pre or Pixi?
    Last edited by nsabournemouth; 03/27/2010 at 11:08 AM.
  4. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #4  
    Loyal Palm user here (since the Tungsten days). What I wish is that Palm had provided an easier way for PalmOS developers to port/migrate their apps to WebOS. My guess is that WebOS is so vastly different than PalmOS that it may not be that easy. But I do miss some of the PalmOS apps that do not run using Classic (I get "app has performed an illegal operation" often). At the very least the PalmOS developers could get their apps Classic certified, but that doesn't seem to be happening. In the meantime, as a non-heavy mobile phone user, I'm enjoying my Verizon Pre Plus. thorne
  5. #5  
    You do realize that Palm itself doesn't really create apps (at least not in mass), but rather, independent developers do, right? The more people who are are using webOS devices, the more attractive webOS becomes to developers. More developers usually equates to a variety of apps.

    It's not so much Palm's fault for not developing apps as it is for not doing a better job at marketing the webOS experience as well as building HIGH end quality hardware. That latter is REALLY going to hurt if Palm doesn't announce/release something very compelling in the next 3 months. Instead of contending with devices the likes of the iPhone and Driod you have devices like the HTC HD2 and (especially) the Evo.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    You do realize that Palm itself doesn't really create apps (at least not in mass), but rather, independent developers do, right? The more people who are are using webOS devices, the more attractive webOS becomes to developers. More developers usually equates to a variety of apps.

    It's not so much Palm's fault for not developing apps as it is for not doing a better job at marketing the webOS experience as well as building HIGH end quality hardware. That latter is REALLY going to hurt if Palm doesn't announce/release something very compelling in the next 3 months. Instead of contending with devices the likes of the iPhone and Driod you have devices like the HTC HD2 and (especially) the Evo.
    I agree, if Palm do not pull something out of the bag then that will be it and then the only option would be to see WebOS licensed to others. I also am fully aware that Palm do not make the apps, what i am saying is that they should of had all these things in place BEFORE the Pre was released, so before the release in the UK get in touch with UK developers etc etc.

    The UK version of the Evo does look very very good. Now that with WebOS on it would be a real winner.
    Last edited by nsabournemouth; 03/27/2010 at 11:41 AM.
  7. #7  
    btw, there is already at least one app to purchase movie tickets, sorry if it doesnt work in your area. and an app to check your account balance???? sure it might be kinda neat but are u seriously saying there is no other way for you to check your balance that u have to complain about that? does your bank not have a website?? how many seconds is an app going to save u as opposed to going to the actual website (or calling the automated service...which might actually be faster). i do however see how u might need an app for your whole train situation...in your case. but like u said...u cant please everybody (especially when it's something like train schedules in ANOTHER COUNTRY). you cant expect palm (or developers really) to have every single app that anyone would ever need or want ready before the phone was released. it takes time. while i do feel there are some potentially useful apps missing, i realize that life still existed before apps so obviously there is a way to get stuff done or find out information without apps.
  8. #8  
    Okay, well, I think it's fair to judge Palm and ask why they didn't go to developers before the phone came out to develop apps.

    The answer is simple. They didn't have an SDK. The PDK is still in Beta. Why? Because Palm is a small company and they are working their butts off to create development software that is solid and will last for the lifetime of the phone.

    And it is REALLY easy to forget that the iPhone spent a full year without an SDK. The only reason why the iPhone has the sheer number of apps it has is because it's been around for 3 years. Palm has only had the phone in peoples hands for less than a year. Android has been out for 2 years and they have more apps, yes, it's true, but that's only because developers have had more time with the Android SDK. I know it's hard to remember, but the G1 had NO apps for a long long time. Android also has a fragmented platform. Palm doesn't want to make that mistake.

    I understand your frustration, and to be honest, if having a large library of apps right now is important to you, then Palm is only going to frustrate you. I'm not frustrated because I know that both the iPhone and Android went through the same period of lack of apps. I'm excited to see what the future will bring. Major developers have committed to create software for Palm. And Palm has made sure that it is super easy to port software over from the iPhone. They just got the PDK out this year.

    It's like having 3 children. A three year old, a 2 year old and a 10 month old. And your complaining that your 10 month old is still in diapers. With each child you went through the same process, but you forget how long the 3 year old spent in diapers, you just complain that the 10 month old isn't walking yet.

    Actually, to be more precise, your 10 month old is in stable condition at the Intensive Care Unit. It would be nice if she were out of diapers, but there are more serious issues to deal with.

    You are allowed to be frustrated. But you are not allowed to say that the iPhone had thousands of apps when they launched because they didn't. It took a long time for them to build up the amount of apps that they have. And it will take Palm time too. As long as she makes it out of ICU, trust me, there will be more apps.
  9. #9  
    Well, my 2 cents is that I too have been looking over the fence at other devices for just two reasons, if we could solve this, I would stay: a solid super PIM (Datebk6, pocket informant, etc) and a device with a larger screen.

    I have been with palm for 15 years, and I was openly anti iphone, but the gap is getting so big, in areas critical to my success, that I will be taking a hard look at what apple does in June. I feel like a traitor saying it, but there is something to say about the advantages and capabilities that come from a mature platform. If they are sporting multi tasking and some kind of synergy like app then it will be hard to say no.

    I would jump back in a heartbeat if it met my needs. You can see in my avatar what my dream device would be.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Okay, well, I think it's fair to judge Palm and ask why they didn't go to developers before the phone came out to develop apps.

    The answer is simple. They didn't have an SDK. The PDK is still in Beta. Why? Because Palm is a small company and they are working their butts off to create development software that is solid and will last for the lifetime of the phone.

    And it is REALLY easy to forget that the iPhone spent a full year without an SDK. The only reason why the iPhone has the sheer number of apps it has is because it's been around for 3 years. Palm has only had the phone in peoples hands for less than a year. Android has been out for 2 years and they have more apps, yes, it's true, but that's only because developers have had more time with the Android SDK. I know it's hard to remember, but the G1 had NO apps for a long long time. Android also has a fragmented platform. Palm doesn't want to make that mistake.

    I understand your frustration, and to be honest, if having a large library of apps right now is important to you, then Palm is only going to frustrate you. I'm not frustrated because I know that both the iPhone and Android went through the same period of lack of apps. I'm excited to see what the future will bring. Major developers have committed to create software for Palm. And Palm has made sure that it is super easy to port software over from the iPhone. They just got the PDK out this year.

    It's like having 3 children. A three year old, a 2 year old and a 10 month old. And your complaining that your 10 month old is still in diapers. With each child you went through the same process, but you forget how long the 3 year old spent in diapers, you just complain that the 10 month old isn't walking yet.

    Actually, to be more precise, your 10 month old is in stable condition at the Intensive Care Unit. It would be nice if she were out of diapers, but there are more serious issues to deal with.

    You are allowed to be frustrated. But you are not allowed to say that the iPhone had thousands of apps when they launched because they didn't. It took a long time for them to build up the amount of apps that they have. And it will take Palm time too. As long as she makes it out of ICU, trust me, there will be more apps.

    I never said that the iphone had those good apps when it first came out but the fact is, Apple has them and people will buy because of the apps. Palm knew the competition when it wanted to release. If not having the apps people want is going to frustrate you then hoe are the sales going to pick up?
    Look at all the issues with the build quality of the phone, the poor poor app store, the various issues with the updates, do Palm and their fan base expect to be around in a market that is tough and cut throat as the smartphone market? if the apps can't do what people want, if the build quality is poor people will not buy it.
  11. #11  
    i feel your frustration, but if you ask me, palms PDK encourage productivity apps as well as games. It natural that that developers are more focused on porting games over at the moment because they are more lucrative.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I am starting to get very disillusioned with Palm and what i can expect from WebOS with regards to apps.

    The slogan, Life moves fast, don't miss a thing does not ring true to what you can do with your phone.

    For example: You have an iPhone and with it you use it to travel around the rail and road networks, to and from home and work. So with you phone you have all these apps that can keep you in tune with service updates on the London Underground and plan your journey around London with it, check train timetables, keep up with the traffic status via the Highways Agency app and get a good all round view of the news and even order a pizza and cinema ticket. If you are used to having this information at your fingertips it will be a blow to not have it.

    This is where i find myself, as do others with a Pre. All we seem to be hearing now is that Palm are getting games ported across but hang on, i don't want all these games, the battery won't run them for very long and i have an xbox at home to play games on.

    What we see now is soft **** and apps that give you so called amazing facts and quotes and i am sure Palm approve the rubbish apps just to get the numbers up. Does Palm know what their target market is, is it the business user, the gamer or others? If

    It seems Palm have an identity crisis and can't decide what they want to do. I understand they can't please everyone but they need to decide who they are going to target.

    Decent productive and useful apps need to be developed and Palm should of had these things sorted a long time ago and it appears they are playing catch up. I know they don't write the apps but why did they not have all the developers from every country making apps before the release? Example, Palm say they will be selling the Pre in the UK so why on earth did they not get on the phone to UK developers and invite them over to see what WebOS can do, give them a phone to take away and play with and i am sure that we would be looking at a healthy app store and lots of sales.

    Thoughts?

    People ask me about it and i say it's a great phone OS but thats all. No apps, build quality is poor and with every OS update things seem to go wrong. Now their reaction to that is 'i won't be getting one' makes me think why did i bother?
    Buy an iphone and join the flock of sheep.
  13. #13  
    BIGGEST. CIRCULAR ARGUMENT. EVER.

    Dude, you need apps now? Fine. webOS isn't going to have 100K+ apps overnight. Move on to another platform if this one isn't serving your needs. Come back if and when you see fit. If not? Cool, hope your new phone is working great for you.

    In the meantime, the webOS app catalog will be growing. iPhone had a HUGE userbase before they had apps. Of course a sh!t-ton of people wanted to develop apps quickly to serve that massive throng of users. That was a pretty unique situation.

    As the userbase grows, the App Catalog will grow. Obviously we all would like more apps. I'm pretty sure Palm would love more apps. What exactly would you have them do?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  14. #14  
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing ....... I think they was talking about once the 800 patch gets installed. lol
  15. #15  
    I don't need 100K applications, I need 1 solid PIM
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I don't need 100K applications, I need 1 solid PIM
    Agendus is working on a version for the Pre. The PDK was just released. It will happen. Until then, you can use Palm Desktop in classic apps. You can use Microsoft Outlook and Pocket Mirror. Or you can sync to google.

    And just out of curiosity, is google sync not working for you?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    I never said that the iphone had those good apps when it first came out but the fact is, Apple has them and people will buy because of the apps. Palm knew the competition when it wanted to release. If not having the apps people want is going to frustrate you then hoe are the sales going to pick up?
    Look at all the issues with the build quality of the phone, the poor poor app store, the various issues with the updates, do Palm and their fan base expect to be around in a market that is tough and cut throat as the smartphone market? if the apps can't do what people want, if the build quality is poor people will not buy it.
    Well, I think that Palm expected to stay alive. Jon Rubenstein, (a long time apple employee, who was in charge of the development of the imac, and the ipod and the iphone) came on board with Palm when they had very little. He chose a fast course of development. Design the phone real fast, create a web based os, and release the web based software tools, at the same time, work on a deeper level pdk for release much later.

    He didn't choose this path because he's stupid, or he doesn't understand the amount of apps on competing platforms (you know how all of the audio players now are all ipod accessories? That was Jon's idea. He knows what apple has been up to quite intimately) Jon chose this path because that's how the iphone began, that's how Android began. Microsoft is working on getting the sdk into the hands of developers as soon as the phone is released but guess what... it's all web based. They will release a more powerful sdk (or pdk, or whatever they want to call it) after the phone is release. And only then will you see apps for Windows 7 that can utilize the full power of the phone.

    To be honest, I'm not a mobile os programmer, and I really don't understand why Apple and Google and Microsoft and Palm can't just release a full SDK long before the phone's are sold. But that's just the way it is. I'm sure if you owned a G1 right now, you'd feel the same way.

    There's no excuse for the build quality. You got me there. And as far as I'm concerned, that's THE big problem with Palm. They HAVE to solve that problem or their finished.

    But buggy releases? Please. Each platform has had software issues with updates. Yes even Apple. RIM is famous for them. As a matter of fact, you think you have it bad with Palm. I just came from a meeting, a business meeting mind you, with two Blackberry Pearl owners. I've never seen someone ***** about their phone as much as they did. You think you've got it bad with the number of apps you have. Pearl owners can't access the majority of Blackberry apps already on the market. Trying to get them to add an appointment to their calendar was a huge pain. I finally said get a damn Pre for crying out loud, and they said they couldn't live without their Blackberry. I said fine. Have it your way.

    And if your like me, and live outside the US, we're about to get full access to the complete App Catalogue. This means 3d gaming. Right now the Droid doesn't have the 3d games that Palm has. Take a look at the full catalogue and remember, it's growing every day.

    If you want the iPhone apps now, there's only one way to get them, but just be honest with yourself. The iphone is a great phone and if that's what you've always wanted then stop blaming Palm. But just remember, with the iPhone, you won't have the really intuitive cards interface, you won't have multitasking (at least not now) and you won't have a hardware keyboard and the small, smooth form factor.

    One of the reasons why I love this phone and I love this experience is that I'm watching something grow. I love that. I'm watching something start off small and grow. It's a personal thing but I really do love it. If you don't have the patience. Or if you honestly need functionality now and can't wait then please go where you can find it. But you might miss out on something really special.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    BIGGEST. CIRCULAR ARGUMENT. EVER.
    dude, i freakin' love the sig pic!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  19. #19  
    By PIM, I mean something that organizes and shows me the appointments and tasks I have in my world, in my pocket, all the time, with flexible filters
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  20. #20  
    And I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but here in Canada, Google just announced that Android phones can finally access their app catalogue.

    JUST NOW.

    Imagine you bought a G1. How would you have felt waiting over a year for any app store, let alone paid apps. Palm got their app store open faster, and opened paid apps faster (is it wednesday yet?). They're at 2000 and growing. Big developers have come on board. they made the PDK easy to port iPhone apps. It's really just a matter of time before the app you really want gets a webos version. If you can't afford to wait, fine. But at least take a look at the paid app catalogue before you give up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions