Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    I'm not loyal to any particular company. What I don't understand is why people buy phones and then complain about things like apps. When you bought the phone you knew what it had or didn't have and if it didn't work out for you return it in the allowed time frame. Get the phone that works for you.

    Are there apps that I wish the Pre had? Definitely, but they aren't vital or I wouldn't have kept the phone.
  2. #22  
    If you take a stock Pre and a stock iPhone. Take away the App Stores from both phones.

    Which one would you choose?

    If you can't credit the company for making you want the product... why in HELL would you support it?

    I think its horribly unfair, as previously stated, that Apple has a HUGE fanbase (from history, not because of quality) and ONLY due to that, did the iPhone become a huge success. Just because developers KNEW how large the Apple flavored Kool-Aid drinking army was, they all went for it to make a quick buck.

    As for your complaints:

    I check my bank account AND my credit card account within 5 seconds by using bookmarks for the Bank of America and American Express mobile websites. I also wanted bus timing and route information because I don't have a car anymore. I picked up the SDK, and within 3 months (No exaggeration, you can actually follow my posts on this thread from the beginning until when my app was released), within 3 months, I made a quick little app that works PERFECTLY for me to tell me the time schedules of the local Transit Authority.

    Guess what? I can stand at a bus stop, check the timing of the next bus (with the app I made), open up the browser and log in to my Bank of America account, and while its signing in, open a new card and log in to my American Express account, switch back to my bus app and check the time and complain to myself why the bus isn't here yet, flip through each of the browser cards and check my account info on each one, and as I see the bus rounding the corner, flick all of those away and pair my bluetooth headphones to my phone and listen to music while I read web comics on the bus.

    What exactly CAN'T you do that you were complaining about again?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    If you take a stock Pre and a stock iPhone. Take away the App Stores from both phones.

    Which one would you choose?

    If you can't credit the company for making you want the product... why in HELL would you support it?

    I think its horribly unfair, as previously stated, that Apple has a HUGE fanbase (from history, not because of quality) and ONLY due to that, did the iPhone become a huge success. Just because developers KNEW how large the Apple flavored Kool-Aid drinking army was, they all went for it to make a quick buck.

    As for your complaints:

    I check my bank account AND my credit card account within 5 seconds by using bookmarks for the Bank of America and American Express mobile websites. I also wanted bus timing and route information because I don't have a car anymore. I picked up the SDK, and within 3 months (No exaggeration, you can actually follow my posts on this thread from the beginning until when my app was released), within 3 months, I made a quick little app that works PERFECTLY for me to tell me the time schedules of the local Transit Authority.

    Guess what? I can stand at a bus stop, check the timing of the next bus (with the app I made), open up the browser and log in to my Bank of America account, and while its signing in, open a new card and log in to my American Express account, switch back to my bus app and check the time and complain to myself why the bus isn't here yet, flip through each of the browser cards and check my account info on each one, and as I see the bus rounding the corner, flick all of those away and pair my bluetooth headphones to my phone and listen to music while I read web comics on the bus.

    What exactly CAN'T you do that you were complaining about again?

    You can say that Apple took this long to get apps but the fact remains they have them, simple as that and from a consumerism point of view, it will sell and you have answered my point with your very first sentence.

    WebOS is great but there is nothing to back it up. Hardware is terrible, apps are very poor and there is no advertising.

    It took me 1 min and 18 sec to sign in to my bank, with an app you can do it in 5 and you will not sell a Pre to someone by telling them they can do it in the browser. WebOS is great but it has nothing to give it that extra bit of flare. Before the apps get any better Palm need to sort the hardware out and that i doubt will happen for a long time yet. Here in the UK we are crying out for travel apps etc etc but nobody is writing for it here.

    You may be happy with what you have but as a consumer i expect and want more. Why did i get the Pre, well i was told what would be not what could be. Whilst there is a market price i may sell it and keep my eyes out for an improved phone to come out and before i do sell it i will need to send it off to get the slider fixed!
  4. #24  
    Aside from all the neg. about apple,how much is an iphone going for anyway these days? Not that i'm a cheap *******o, but why do people pay $300-500 for a phone on att service.

    I've had my Pre($80)since November. The fact that all the updates have given me useful apps,3D gaming,and video in a 6 month period is pritty awsome.

    I'm pritty sure this has been pointed out somewhere in this thread.
    I'm happy with my service,even more so with my Pre.
  5. #25  
    How long has the Pre been out again? Like a year.. Maybe? And the iPhone has been out for 3 years, that means that developers have been able to develop iPhone apps for 3 years... So of course there are going to be more apps for the iPhone. Over time though, the Pre will have better apps soon.
  6. #26  
    Alright, this is what I was afraid of. I wanted to have my say and just end it, but you had to go on and make a valid point. *sigh*.

    I'll get into it in more detail, therefore, this post will probably be an essay. However, I really want to speak on this matter and if after I've had my say, you still have your doubts, by all means go for whatever device makes you happy.

    Here we go:

    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    You can say that Apple took this long to get apps but the fact remains they have them, simple as that and from a consumerism point of view, it will sell and you have answered my point with your very first sentence.
    Even though this is true, most of what Apple can do, the Pre can already do, therefore, for me, this isn't much of a valid argument (for either side). I do admit, that if you really wanted to get into editting documents and such on the go, you'll probably have no choice but to go with Apple or RIM on that one, as Docs To Go is one blunder that is both Palm's and Dataviz's. Other than that, things like API's for the mic/camera? Yeah they're not out yet, but what exactly were you looking to do anyway? If you wanted a sound recorder, yeah go for Apple/RIM again since this isn't available yet. Now if this has started to sound like i'm just pushing for Apple/RIM, read on. If you notice, these are all very specific (arguably niche) circumstances. I've never used a sound recorder in my life and I grew up just fine. If you need one, that's your own personal thing. You should have looked it up in the beginning (as this was never promised, nor announced as being included with the Pre).

    Back to the point in hand, yes Apple does have a lot more things... umm... "worked out" than Palm does, but I'll get into what exactly that means in a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    WebOS is great but there is nothing to back it up. Hardware is terrible, apps are very poor and there is no advertising.
    Right on 2/4. WebOS IS great and there IS a lot of functionality to back it up (1. multitasking built in, 2. screenshot ANYWHERE within the OS built in, 3. Synergy built in, etc...). App choices, as you mentioned earlier are very poor. I agree (and will get into that later). No advertising: yes, wholeheartedly agree. However, how exactly does this affect you? ANYWAY, back to the one wrong thing you stated: Hardware is terrible. This is completely a design choice. Granted they went with plastic, but honestly, my Pre has been going strong for a long time. Yeah I'm on my second one because the screen died out on the first, but lets think about "hardware" for a second. If an iPhone screen dies, what do you do? Ship it to Apple. If an iPhone battery dies, what do you do? Ship it to Apple. If an iPhone... Ship it to Apple. If a Pre screen dies (which mine did so I'm speaking by experience, well to be specific, my digitizer died so my screen was working it just wouldn't accept any input), you can STILL use the phone 100%. It's called a keyboard. That's a hardware design choice. Ingenious isn't it? Oh wait, it's been on devices since the dawn of time. So it's really not that ingenious, it's kinda stupid to make a device that's ENTIRELY dependent on a single source of input, don't you think? Maybe you don't. Again, that's your choice.

    Speaking of hardware choices: embedded battery. Yeah, great choice on that part. Makes your phone seem secure. You have NO idea what's going on, you can't trouble shoot it. If it stops working, just send it in. Don't Worry. If my phone stops turning on, I can swap out the battery. Instant problem solution. I write on the forum that my battery died and I picked up a new one, suddenly the Palm Pre has horrendous battery quality and it makes front page engadget. K, that entire paragraph was mostly an exaggeration, but you get the point. Hardware and design choices are made all the time and are mostly subjective.

    Getting back to the hardware issue: the iPhone isn't as invincible as Apple has led you to believe. It's had as many roadblocks and speed bumps as the Pre. How many people (of the general public) know of the Pre and it's problems? Probably not that many. How many of the same people know about iPhone's hardware problems. Again, probably not that many. Do you fall into any of these categories? I fall into the latter, I don't know much about iPhone hardware issues. Personally, I'm more of a software person myself. If I was all about hardware, I would've gone with RIM LONG ago. However, I like a good combination of the two and Palm has never failed to disappoint (and still hasn't). So, iPhone hardware issues... A 3 second google search showed this webpage (iPhone doesn't suffer from faulty hardware. Seems counter intuitive to my point doesn't it? It states that a 3rd party company tested some iPhones that people complained did not get proper service where other phones did, and it turned out that the phones were working perfectly fine and there was no hardware issue with them. Think about it for a second, if a consumer states a problem, and the company says "We tested, no problems chump!" what do you think that means? The consumer gets shafted. That's what that means. No matter what the company's say, if you're sitting at your home seeing 0 bars and your dumbphone sitting next to you sees 5 bars and you send the phone in and the company says "there's no problems with this phone, we can't swap it out, sorry" where does that leave you as a CONSUMER? Shafted. That's where. Palm admits their mistakes, Sprint exchanges it without problems. At least that's what i've seen so far. I read up on it, and I spent the extra $7 a month to go for the TEP package. I got my phone swapped out for free. No issues, no complaints. It pays to do your research and be aware of what's going on. Not what everyone else tells you.

    However, you are correct. You are a consumer, and if you feel like that's deal killer for you, go with RIM. I've heard minimal hardware complaints from all blackberry owners. I will have you know though, that I've sent my old Palms into a washing machine and they've come out 100% working after a couple of hours of sunlight. Point: Palm has a history of good hardware. One fluke isn't going to tarnish their reputation (at least not in my book).

    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    It took me 1 min and 18 sec to sign in to my bank, with an app you can do it in 5 and you will not sell a Pre to someone by telling them they can do it in the browser. WebOS is great but it has nothing to give it that extra bit of flare. Before the apps get any better Palm need to sort the hardware out and that i doubt will happen for a long time yet. Here in the UK we are crying out for travel apps etc etc but nobody is writing for it here.
    Now this is interesting. I don't know why you're sitting in a Faraday Cage trying to access the private server of a bank in Nairobi, but the bank I use (Bank of America) I can access the mobile site under 10 seconds, flat. I keep using BofA as an example, because that is the bank I use, therefore, I'm trying to give you real world experience examples and not what WebOS is capable of, but what it actually delivers. I'm not sure where you got this example from (5 secs with an app vs 1:18 with a browser), but when I access my account, obviously depending on service and whatnot, I can log in to my account within 10 seconds, every time.

    So you want a bank specific app like the iPhone has. Fair enough. Let me show you something:

    Bank of America app on iPhone (taken directly from the website, google bank of america iPhone and you'll see this image come up):



    Bank of America mobile site (image taken directly from my Pre as of a couple hours before writing this post):



    Notice anything interesting?

    It's the same damn thing. Now, if I really felt like it, I could throw together a Bank of America "app" in under 30 seconds. No joke.

    What the iPhone "app" does, is the equivalent of throwing a "WebView" widget with the url of the bankofamerica mobile site into it. It essentially opens up the mobile site within the app. Viola! Instant Bank of America app! That's intuitive...

    Now, if an app is capable of utilizing specifically made APIs and accessing only the information requested then yes, it would be faster than visiting the mobile site, NOT significantly faster, mind you. DEFINITELY not 1:18 vs 0:05. I am a developer. Trust me on this. If you don't believe me, do this: go to Gray's Anatomy Online: The Fore-brain or Prosencephalon on your Pre's browser and see how long it takes you to load the whole page. Then go to Preware and download my app "Gray's Anatomy" and search for prosencephalon and see how long it takes you to load up the entire page. My app ONLY pulls out the information and the images. No extraneous links, no callbacks, no ads, nothing. However, it is still only a little bit faster than the actual website. Now if you do this over time, yes it'll make a difference, especially for something such as a huge online reference book.

    My Point: I can guarantee you: no bank (that I have heard of) spends money making specific access APIs so that people can make nice little software packages that interface with their servers nice and quick. Any software you see for bank website access, does exactly that: access the websites and pulls the information out of them. It inherently can NOT be significantly faster than visiting the website itself. The only reason a browser takes longer is because it has to load all the images and the bells and whistles of a website (usually flash and other things which it has to catch and realize it can't display).

    I hope you see what i'm trying to tell you: just because Apple claims they have 1029301318930913092130193093 brilliant, intuitive, USEFUL apps, they don't. They only have things which they WANT you to use and want you to feel like you need. It's called marketing and for some reason, they're damn good at it. You DON'T need a specific app just to show you your bank account/order tickets despite what Apple tells you. You need to be able to use your brain (and ANY browser on ANY phone). Sure it shaves off a few seconds, but... if that REALLY is crucial to you: again, get a blackberry. they get things done fast, albeit painfully and without fanfare, but they get things done.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    You may be happy with what you have but as a consumer i expect and want more.
    I'm not really sure where this came from, but last time I checked... I was a consumer too? haha, that being said:

    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    Why did i get the Pre, well i was told what would be not what could be. Whilst there is a market price i may sell it and keep my eyes out for an improved phone to come out and before i do sell it i will need to send it off to get the slider fixed!
    I completely understand how you feel. However, I don't quite understand why you feel this way. The Pre does everything it has promised it would do. It never said "I can help you check transit times/your bank account WITH A STANDALONE APP". It just said It can help you do those and it can, simultaneously. As I stated above, I'm not really sure what you're complaining about because if it really is a standalone app you wanted, you knew right off the bat that the App Catalogue had a total of like 12 apps when the Pre first came out. If you were legitimately mad about the fact that the Pre still can't edit documents, that would be one argument I would completely bow down to and admit that Palm failed. They promised, Dataviz promised, neither delivered. However, it seems like the way you use your phone is a lot like the way I use my phone. Mostly for reference and for convenience. There's been a lot of websites that I visit daily and think to myself "it would be easier if this was an app", which is why I said you have a VERY valid argument and I feel what you're saying. However, NEVER have I said "OMG I can't access this annoying website every day, this should be an app, I'm getting rid of this phone now".

    Lastly: Have you tried making a request for the app you really want? Making an app that pulls info directly off a website is REALLY easy. The data can then be manipulated into whatever form you like best, so you can make personal requests, and if you go so far as to request a certain way the app should be laid out or the information portrayed, it would make the developer's life that much easier. Trust me. Try it out, start a request forum and see if anyone bites. It won't be much, especially since you're out in the UK and I'm not sure how many developers are out there, but you never know. At least this way you can say you tried all you could before you gave up.

    PHEW, k i'm done venting. Sorry it's so huge but it really annoys me when Apple convinces people of things that just simply aren't true. You realize that when everyone believes something they're told, it completely kills innovation. Since everyone believes what Steve Jobs tells them, he's had absolutely no reason to innovate. His greatest innovation (after the original) was the 3GS. "Look minions, I just made the same exact thing with a compass inside this time, and a couple better specs" and he was instantly crowned the Da Vinci of our time (exaggeration). Seriously? and it took him a year. The Pre's analogous model (Pre Plus): 6 months. Then Lord Jobs came up with the ingenious idea of making a tablet. Hmmmm.... Well, since my minions are brainlessly lapping up my stuff, better make the same damn thing, except bigger, without a phone and call it a tablet! Ingenious work Jobs! *pats self on the back* Obviously millions of minions are going to line up on opening day like lemmings next to a cliff. Some people can't be helped.

    K, now i'm really done venting. I hope, despite all my sarcastic comments, you saw what I really was trying to tell you and the points that i was trying to make. If you truly do believe the same that you did before, that the Pre has been disappointing to you and you feel shortchanged, I will offer one last thing before I give up for good. I'll offer to make you an app. I can throw together a quick app that looks up your train times and shows them to you. If that's what you really want. I'll ofcourse need a proper website from which to access the information out of, but if a web browser can do it, the Pre can do it. With a standalone app. Let me know if that will help you in any way and I'll try to get some time to work on it. I have, mind you, a lot of things to do as well, which is why I don't churn out apps left and right (unfortunately), however I will be willing to do this for you if it helps change your mind. Obviously this app will be free (if I end up making it).

    Anywho, I'm done for now. Let me know how you feel about my entire essay, and my proposal. Good Luck, and I really hope you make an educated, well thought out decision.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    .
    you get 2 awards... 1) longest post i've ever seen, and 2) developer with the most free time on your hands!

    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  8. #28  
    hahahahaha. I like your quote of my post. It kind of summarizes it very nicely.

    Thanks for the awards. I'm quite flattered. :blushes:

    Sorry, I just get really worked up about people who talk about Apple as the savior of the nation. : /.
  9. #29  
    Just be a little patient. Don't get me wrong, I've been hammering Palm in the forums for months, but the Homebrew guys are really starting to step up their game and are doing some pretty amazing things for the Pre. I was more than ready to jump ship, but with all they're doing, I definitely want to stick around for the fun.
    The 800 mhz script/patch was amazing and I can't wait to see what they got up their sleeves next. Hang around dude and be patient, I think over the long run, you'll be glad you did. The Homebrew guys are slowly but surely getting done what Palm should have been doing from the start.
    The Saint
  10. #30  
    Like several people have said, I don't understand why they blame palm on this... and the device...

    I even had a fight with a brother (well, not a fight, a discussion, big discussion) because of the same issue, he has a WinMo device and I told him that I was thinking on buying the Pre... he was going and going about the vast number of apps and games available for WinMo...

    but I know what I'm buying, a phone from a small company with a very new OS (and lets focus on the words small company and new OS)... and I'm OK with that because I'm a person who researches before buying, and if I wanted an specific app I would go with the specific OS/carrier/manufacturer for that... but I researched and I know that the pre will suffice all my needs...
  11. #31  
    @nsabournemouth

    If i can just say a few words on this topic.

    First what you are saying would leave me to reckon that you can't seem to make your mind up if you like it or not and reading other posts by you i would suggest that you ditch the Palm Pre

    I also go under the name of nsabournemouth on a website which you may know of, a money saving one.

    I am getting a bit of stick because they seem to think you are me and i am you but.....

    The Palm Pre is a great phone, truly fab OS and works like a dream. Yes there are some bad points but as with everything there will be things we are not happy with. That said the Palm Pre serves it's purpose for me, There may have to be a re think with the app store but as others have pointed out if it is apps you want then buy an ipod touch or an iphone.

    All in all the pros' of the Palm Pre far out way the cons and i am excited to see what Palm come out with next and looking at what others have said if HTC merge or buy Palm then i am sure they will make you happy. You have made some good points about the app store but if Palm want their OS to work then yes they will have to pull their fingers out. I have the Palm because it works well, does what i need it to do and fits very well in my pocket and of course the qwerty is a big plus. I can't see the point in you sitting at your desk going on one if, if you don't like it sell it and stop chucking your toys out of your pram.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing ....... I think they was talking about once the 800 patch gets installed. lol
    No kidding. Have you seen the viral ad videos? I'll bet every one of them has the 800 patch running.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
  13. #33  
    Palm isn't making it so easy on developers. I paid my $50 a week ago to have my little free app approved by Palm, and I haven't heard a thing.

    I also found out from Palm that when I decline to pay $99 a year for the privilege of being one of their developers, my apps will come out of their catalog. Sure, they are waving the $99 fee for now, but for how long?
  14. bryanmsi's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #34  
    I have both an iPhone 3g (work) and a Palm Pre Plus. I used to have the original Palm Pre, but switched to Verizon when they offered free mobile hotspot.

    I love the WebOS concept and I think Palm really got multitasking right. Hardware has improved dramatically (my Sprint Pre was built very poorly and the Pre Plus is light years better). Battery life is about the same.

    But I have to say that I rarely reach for the Pre to do anything. For one reason, the screen lagging really bugs me. You can't swipe a page, a picture, or a list without it hanging partway through and that makes the whole phone feel sluggish in a way the iPhone never does. It seems like a small thing but it actually leaves me with an impression of a slow device barely able to keep up....which is a shame because its really pretty fast.

    I also find that the touchscreen is less sensitive and precise than the iPhone. I have a pin entry screen that comes up when the phone is on and I almost always have to enter my pin twice even when I can see the ripples of my finger touching the right buttons. I find I have to tap - hard - on icons to do what I want. The iPhone takes only a light touch and seems to know what I meant much better than the Pre does. Combined with the lagging UI, it makes me think the Pre is a little, um, dense.

    Lastly, the hardware keyboard seems great until you turn the Pre sideways and then it becomes useless. I find that overall the iPhone keyboard is more versatile and useful even though there are moments where I really am glad the Pre has a real keyboard.

    I actually prefer WebOS to Mobile OSX (aside from the performance issues), but there are enough little annoyances like the performance lags and just-not-quite-good-enough touchscreen that I find I more often reach for the iPhone.

    Of course, I also curse the iPhone when I want to look up something in one app and then refer back to another app!

    The biggest reason I keep the Pre is the Mobile Hotspot feature - they are really onto something there.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    I get your point...I really do. But, don't you think you're being a bit harsh on the Pre? And Palm in general?
    I admit...I'm a loyal Palm guy. I hate Apple...and will never purchase ANYTHING from that company even if it's the last company producing ANYTHING left on Earth. Why? Because I'm sick of all the brainwashed morons who are fanatic about Apple. I bought a PC, and instead of my friend telling me something nice...he said I wasted money and should've bought a Mac because it's SOOOOO much better.
    Then you have the ***** iJustine! That worthless waste of space is an Apple shill and put down the Pre on the first day because there weren't 1000 idiots waiting in the rain for the Pre to be released!
    I find your sentiments to be quite hilarious.

    What exactly is wrong with your friend liking and appreciating Apple products? If someone likes something they generally praise and recommend it to their friends/family, that's life.

    Disclosure: I don't really have loyalty to any single company, I do however own a few Apple computers and once owned an iPhone (and now an iPad).

    Why? Because I appreciate the attention to detail that Apple puts into every product they produce. Things that other manufactures and companies seem to neglect – things that the average consumer doesn't really expect but once discovered realizes that is why they love Apple.

    It's a business minded world, dog eat dog. Do you remember Apple back in the late 80's to mid-90's? They were sitting where Palm is now. Steve Jobs took over as CEO again in 1997 and completely turned the company around with a whole new lineup of products.

    You have 'sheep' for every platform, product or service. Everyone has their loyalties, likes and dislikes.

    Sorry for my rant, but I get peeved by biased people; biased on the notion of favorability and market saturation. Just my $0.02.

    Oh, and yes, I own a Pre that was once used on a daily basis. However, it sits idle on my desk as nothing more than a developer phone these days.

    And by the way, from just watching the iJustine video on the Pre launch, she put it down because she was never given the opportunity to demo one. She was given the impression that she had to purchase one before ever even demo'ing it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    What the iPhone "app" does, is the equivalent of throwing a "WebView" widget with the url of the bankofamerica mobile site into it. It essentially opens up the mobile site within the app. Viola! Instant Bank of America app! That's intuitive...

    Now, if an app is capable of utilizing specifically made APIs and accessing only the information requested then yes, it would be faster than visiting the mobile site, NOT significantly faster, mind you. DEFINITELY not 1:18 vs 0:05. I am a developer. Trust me on this. If you don't believe me, do this: go to Gray's Anatomy Online: The Fore-brain or Prosencephalon on your Pre's browser and see how long it takes you to load the whole page. Then go to Preware and download my app "Gray's Anatomy" and search for prosencephalon and see how long it takes you to load up the entire page. My app ONLY pulls out the information and the images. No extraneous links, no callbacks, no ads, nothing. However, it is still only a little bit faster than the actual website. Now if you do this over time, yes it'll make a difference, especially for something such as a huge online reference book.

    My Point: I can guarantee you: no bank (that I have heard of) spends money making specific access APIs so that people can make nice little software packages that interface with their servers nice and quick. Any software you see for bank website access, does exactly that: access the websites and pulls the information out of them. It inherently can NOT be significantly faster than visiting the website itself. The only reason a browser takes longer is because it has to load all the images and the bells and whistles of a website (usually flash and other things which it has to catch and realize it can't display).
    Bank of America is a TERRIBLE example because they create a TERRIBLE application. Let me give YOU a real world example of a bank that I use.

    USAA

    Let's you use the camera on your phone to take a picture of a check and instantly deposit it into your account.

    There are a lot of other TRUE NATIVE banking applications that are very nice and provide features that wouldn't be available as a web page/application.
  17. #37  
    I stopped reading @ iPhone, I knew what the rest of the article was about. Another whiner.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I stopped reading @ iPhone, I knew what the rest of the article was about. Another whiner.
    Yet, you still felt compelled enough to reply to this thread. Palm 'loyalists' are no different than Apple/Google/Microsoft/Whoever 'loyalists'.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Yet, you still felt compelled enough to reply to this thread. Palm 'loyalists' are no different than Apple/Google/Microsoft/Whoever 'loyalists'.
    I am by no means a "loyalist", I just get really tired of people b!tching about their phones, if you don't like it return it, get another one, or throw it out the window. I really don't care what you do with it, and frankly neither does anyone else on the forums.

    We try to help people resolve their issues so they can enjoy their Palm products, but to most users nothing will ever measure up to the "JESUS" phone. Why? Because Apple has a damn good Ad champagne, and the eco-system to support it.

    Palm is just not there yet, and Apple didn't do it overnight. I want it now, and I want it to be the best. (wrong attitude, take it somewhere else.)

    I am waiting to see what happens with Palm, if they pull back and the yoke and deliver a stunning phone, I will probably buy. I have committed 10+ months to this phone, I know what it is capable of and what the community had done to make it better. If Palm doesn't deliver I will have to evaluate my option, when the time comes.

    Oh, and If you do decide to leave, please skip the farewell letter, we all miss you already.

    Period, end of story.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/23/2010 at 06:36 PM.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  20. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #40  
    Eh forget apple. Compare to google now. They're taking over.

    Anyway, OP is right on the mark. My next phone will probably be Evo if Palm doesn't do anything.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions