1.    #1  
    Is it possible to create an app that allows you to select ipk's from the usb partition, and install them?

I am new to webOS development and I'm building apps, but will b working on them on multiple computers, and would find this a really useful tool for version testing?
  2.    #2  
    please help??
    For development, just use palm-package and palm-install commands. They're included with the SDK on your computer. You'll need to install the SDK on multiple computers.

Alternatively. you could use IPK Packager to package the app files into an ipk and use WebOS Quick Install to install from any computer. That's save the extra files/space used by the SDK.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    You can also FTP the file from various locations online, then use Filecoaster to install it. I think the SDK (palm-install) is the best option though as Jason stated!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL