Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    What im looking for is an app that i can run while im working. I am a legal process server and the law is about to mandate process servers to have a gps system during their daily work of serving papers.

i see all the geocaching apps but thats not what i want. i need to be able to create a gps location with the time and date. and the information emailed to you.

maybe im slow but i dont think any of the apps do this.

thanks for reading.
    This looks like a piece of cake. If you're serious, send me a pm with your phone number and a good time to call. I'd like to discuss it with you this evening or sometime this weekend if you are available.

I'd like to put this on my daughter's phone so I could keep up with her whereabouts. ;-)
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    That's an interesting idea. Tony's right. It would be pretty easy to put together.
    [thinking out loud] I wonder how many decimal places one would need on latitude and longitude?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

isn't this feature available on the "Spring Nav" app?
    i'm almost finished with this app. Send me a pm...
    That sounds interesting. I would like to see the finished app if you don't mind sharing.
    I'm trying to keep the interface simple. It should be pretty self-explanatory. The coordinates sent via email are much more accurate than what is displayed on the screen. I can usually tell what room I'm sitting in if I send them to Google Maps. Speaking of which, I think I might want to make it easy to get the coordinates into Google Maps. Its kinda neat to send them over to the satellite view, especially...

O.k., the newest records are at the top. Who can tell what direction I'm traveling while taking the coordinates? I guess if you were good enough, you could even compute an approximate speed from the data. ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

in case anyone was wondering, I made this app using Ares in one day. Not bad, since i'm new to WebOS. There is actually quite a bit of code behind it. More than you'd think just by looking at it. I think Ares will be a good thing once I get used to it.
    My Dad stays in Las Vegas. One of my friends is there now at a conference
    Do you plan on posting it in Preware or are you going to charge for it?
    Right now I'm leaning toward the donation thing. I wonder if anyone is actually donating...
    Well I believe if the software is something they actually need they donate. I have alpha and beta tested. I donated to Precorder and Jason for their work. I donated to My tether so it depends on if the person thinks it is worthy of a donation. The things with donations is you are at the whim of the person donating be it 1.00 or up unless you set a specific donation like My Tether did then you are skirt on the use of the word donation.
    I added the nearest street address to the output.

Any other suggestions? I'm about ready to make a beta available.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Ok that looks pretty cool. basic and if you could pinpoint the lat/long info to give a street at the least that would be ideal.

also how bout an option to view on a map.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    looks like you are in huntsville, nice. but can you make it where u can then press a button and make an entry
    It makes an entry when and only if you press the button at the bottom. That way the GPS isn't gathering data all the time and killing your battery.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    if you can make the ipk i can install it via WOSQI
    Just in case you check this before email, I sent the beta ipk. I will be interested to know how it works for you.

I hope it doesn't brick your phone! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That sounds interesting. I would like to see the finished app if you don't mind sharing.
    Can you install an ipk file if I email it? If so, send me your email address in a pm.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast