Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey I just thought of a cool feature. Is there any way to set time and days preferences or trigger it some kind of way remotely. Also How does it know when to send an email I have it set to send email but no email is sent.

Nevermind it sends automatically when it finds location.

Purely cosmetic but your about message needs to be updated it still says 8.3
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I already installed 9.1 if you go to the app catalog is shows up as an update. The beta page still has 9.0.
    yep, 0.9.1 is available now. I need to remember to change the About popup with each version.

Please do check out the batch email function as well. That is a new feature.

I'm on a trip right now, and I am using NiceGPSuperior to document my route, the speed my wife is driving, etc. :-) Pretty cool.
    Ok will do!
    I just noticed that if you separate the email addresses with a semicolon (";") on the Preferences & Accounts page, you can send the position email to multiple addresses. I'm using Gmail. If you use another email provider, see if it works for you. Hopefully it is universal...
    I guess if there were any issues, I'd be hearing about them. A bunch of downloads...

(crickets chirping in background)
    finally getting a chance to download it. Will test it out and give my feedback!
    My current thoughts:

Put out a free version with no email functionality and limited info reported.

Paid version would be 99 cents and include all current features, plus a few more in the future.

Does this sound fair? I wonder if I'll ever get my $50 back if I put it in the App Catalog...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    wouldn't Gowalla or Foursquare work for this? I believe you can input your own custom locations as required. All your visits would be logged with your account (or on FB/twitter). You could create a custom FB/twitter account that just for logging your visits. Then you could put notes down (if in FB) for each visit (i.e. who, what, where, why, etc..).
    I tested it out quite a bit during a short trip I took today. It worked pretty well most of the time, getting a quick fix. But sometimes it would hang and couldn't get coordinates. (GPS Dashboard would work instantly, so it wasn't a problem getting a GPS signal.) I'd have to press the button again or sometimes shut the program down and then restart it.
    Since there are other programs out there that will allow you to send your GPS coordinates, I think a great feature of this app would be to send (automatically via email or text) your coordinates every X minutes. There could be a pull down menu where you can select to send your coordinates every 5, 10, 30, 60 minutes, etc.
    If there is no GPS signal when it is supposed to send coordinates, it could check every 5 or 10 mins for one and then send one as soon as one is available. And as I suggested before, you could have the option of sending coordinates via SMS to an email or phone number. This would be a great feature, since I *was* in an area today where there was no data svc. But I was roaming and could send and receive text messages.

I also couldn't get the batch email to work. How does this work?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    wouldn't Gowalla or Foursquare work for this? I believe you can input your own custom locations as required. All your visits would be logged with your account (or on FB/twitter). You could create a custom FB/twitter account that just for logging your visits. Then you could put notes down (if in FB) for each visit (i.e. who, what, where, why, etc..).
    I dont know bout that, but if thats the case that could be helpful....

No thats for getting locations around your current location, i dont need all that extra info. i just need the location mapped and address.
    Last edited by Intlstyle; 04/13/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    My current thoughts:

Put out a free version with no email functionality and limited info reported.

Paid version would be 99 cents and include all current features, plus a few more in the future.

Does this sound fair? I wonder if I'll ever get my $50 back if I put it in the App Catalog...
    Check you email
    Roger, first turn email toggle button off. Then go to preferences and turn on batch email. Then get a few locations. Then turn email on and get another location. It should open an email with the locations that you got while email was off. So you get a batch of them, instead of one email per location. Let me know if you have any problems with it.
    I just updated to 0.9.2, which added the ability to select speed/accuracy in the Preferences. The fastest setting gets you in the right part of town. The highest accuracy puts me in my front yard a few feet from where I'm standing. As always, it works best with a clear view of the sky.

It should be available from the link in my sig within a couple of hours.
    I'm going by where Google Maps shows me on a map. It only seems to take 6 decimal places, though. When I give it more decimal places of accuracy, it doesn't move the pointer.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    O how about a way to save the list created just in case you accidentally close the app. save it until you want to send it or add more entries.
    It should be doing that automagically. Turn batch email on and get a few locations. Then close the card. Then open again and get a few more. When you turn email on and get the next location, it should make an email with all of them (no loss of data). Let me know if this works for you. It is working for me.
    Don't forget to get the latest version with different speed/accuracy settings in Preferences. It sure makes testing quicker if you aren't testing accuracy.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ok will do, i will let you know if it doesnt work.
    I have decided to make my app free to everyone. I've had fun working on it, and hope to continue development. I hope lots of people download and enjoy it. If you decide to use it and want to support development, you can send a donation my way (link on my website). I will post the URL in my sig when the full free version is available in the App Catalog.

Note that the beta version will stop working eventually, so hopefully starting sometime tomorrow you can delete the beta and install the full version from the app catalog.

Enjoy!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Bump to let everyone know that this app is in the app catalog now!

Thanks to Intistyle for the idea, and mamouton for helping to test!

great app you are welcome!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast