Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The improvements you have made are good. I was using it on the way to church and it was pretty accurate. Restarting luna fixed the icon issue. Is there a possibility that it could run in the background and get a preference setting for upload interval?
    Thanks for the input. Automatic location time intervals is probably one of the next features I will implement, along with an email with the accumulated data.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Its looking really good now, i have used it all weekend with only one issue that could be a problem, but thats not the apps fault. the address is a bit off thats a google maps issue maybe or just the phones gps.

the batch email will be a huge improvement as i can build up a bunch of stamps and dont like having to send one at a time, it will speed things up as well.

keep the updates coming its getting better with everyone.
    I sent you an email. I want to discuss new features.
    You can get so much information back from a GPS call with webOS. You should just have the application display a confirmation when it gets the information. Something like 'GPS information recorded at <timestamp>' instead of displaying the lat/long. Those are almost meaningless anyways. Record all of the detailed data in a log.

Then you could keep a log for each day and let the user email themselves the log. Like you said, letting the set some kind of preferences for accuracy and intervals at which the GPS gets their data would be good too.
    I guess I could put some checkboxes in Prefs that allow you to select what is displayed. That would be easy to do.
    Strange things are happening in computerland today. This app used to have 8 ratings, I think, and now there are only 3. I wonder if Palm removes them, or what. I have not rated it myself, so the ratings are not bogus (even though they were all 5 stars). I guess it is no big deal because it is still beta, but I wasn't expecting the number of ratings to go down!
    That has happened to me quite a few times. I think what happens is Palm removes bogus reviews (there's a bug in their system that sends out a review when instead it should something else). One of my apps has 2 reviews right now that are 'By I cannot install this app' - obviously those are bogus reviews. They cannot review the app if it's not installed (plus there is no name next to 'By' in the review). I think those are the reviews being removed.
    they didn't remove any reviews. There is only one review. What they removed was the ratings (how many stars). I hope they don't think I am spamming the ratings!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    whats the link to rate the app, i know i havent added mine yet
    You need to download it from the link in my sig to rate it, I would think. You probably need to delete your existing one before downloading it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ok but the link in ur sig is not working
    That's strange. It used to work. Try it again. I replaced the URL and it works for me now.
    Hey Style:

I sent you an email with some "batch mode" data. I'm curious how you might want to see the formatting. Feel free to call me today if you want, or reply to my email.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

I just uploaded version 0.9.0, so it should be available within a couple of hours. It reports more info, such as altitude, speed, and direction, and adds a batch email mode that saves up your data until you send an email. It even saves the data if you close the card.

Go ahead, try to break it! Try to lose some data, and tell me if you succeed. Actually, you could probably lose data if you took your battery out while the app is running...

Same URL as before:
    Click here!

Lay some feedback on me and I'll finish this thing! :-)
    I needed to tweak the output for the batch email a little bit, so I have updated to 0.9.1 now. It should be available within a couple of hours. Sorry for any trouble this may cause. It is pretty easy to update, though. Link in my sig.

Will test out again today. I was helping another developer with the email companion app yesterday and finishing up my dissertation.
    Good deal. Thanks. You migt as well wait till 0.9.1 is available.
    I already installed 9.1 if you go to the app catalog is shows up as an update. The beta page still has 9.0.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast