Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Can you install an ipk file if I email it? If so, send me your email address in a pm.
    ok, that's two testers. Probably enough for now. Thanks for the help!
    Installed? How often does it check for the gps coordinates? It appears to works best with the Google gps app.
    Maybe setting a preference for the duration. The time checks vary from 20secs to 1 second.
    Do you plan on changing the icon?
    It gets your coordinates when you press the button.

The time it takes to get a fix on you will vary. I can make it happen faster, but you will get less accuracy. I think I will make a setting for accuracy level.
    You have a very early version and I do plan on changing the icon.
    Have you found any bugs? I noticed that in the version on my phone, the list doesn't clear the first time you press the location button. Not really a bug, I guess, but something it is supposed to do.
    Btw, you could use MapTool for it, you get a GPX at the end.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    ok testers, check your email. The "nearby address" thing works now. It is a cool feature.
    I am happy to report that this app still works with 1.4.1. I don't take anything for granted these days. Testers, let me know if you have problems.
    at a teacher of the year dinner with my teacher will install when I get home
    I am using 8.2 and I don't see a nearby address function.
    just press the button and you will get the address. Take a screenshot and send it to me if not.
    I just sent 0.8.3. I believe the app is fully compliant with WebOS standards now. I added an app menu with a prefs item so you can change your email like normal apps.

I think it is ready for public beta. Testers, let me know if you agree, either here or by email. Thanks for your help.
    No attachment in the email.
    I am definitely interested in this kind of an app. Will gladly beta test. Are there features like how often you set it to capture gps data and email it? Delay sending if there is no data connection when it tries to send? (but continue capturing gps data at the correct interval)
    For example, if you are in the middle of a desert w/ no data, it should still capture gps and time data every X minutes, then send all info when data is available, etc.
    Alternate option to send gps data via sms if data isn't available but sms is? (For example, if the user of the phone is on a call.)
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Can this run background?
    Just installed looks better with the color and the icon. I notice on the splash screen that you still have the default icon. It found my location pretty quick while in my house. I notice that it pulls it location from the gps not the google location. I will test out more tomorrow on my way to church. Thanks!
    Yes, it runs in the background and gives a notification when it successfully finds your location. It usually just takes a few seconds, though.

Right now, it only gets your position when you press a button. The time interval thing is a good suggestion, though.

Just do a luna restart and it will make all the icons for you.

I also have a suggestion to save up the location data and send one big email. Currently it sends one email per button press (if enabled).

I might upload it to the app catalog beta to make it easy for everyone.

Thanks for the help, and keep the suggestions coming!
    O.k., anyone should be able to get the app within a few hours. The URL is:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...nicegpsuperior

Please give me your comments and suggestions! Especially if you find any bugs.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast