Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I need assistance with my app PowerNap, for both Spanish and German. Please PM me if willing to help!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    We also offer a app translation service to german:

ThinMachine Mobile Applications

Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    absolutely. hope this gets sorted, would hate to miss great apps (would be even better to have in app settings. I like my Pre to be in German, mostly because of weekdays and month names, but I prefer my apps to be in English, if they where originally)
    Exactly my preference too.
    I hope Palm finally releases apps regardless of the language and implements a filter option in the app. cat. so the user can decide.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    btw what I did was to set my German QWERTZ Pre to English-United Kingdom and replaced the datetime_table.json and alternatechars_table_qwertz.json in
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/resources/en_gb

with the german ones (in fact i just pulled the files with webOS QI, modified them with Notepad++ to my liking and pushed them to the device again).

now I have an english setup with German day/month names and umlauts as first Sym-key items. All apps run in English and look like they where designed. All patches for the GUI like the phone menu patches now also work without me modifying them first.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    now I have an english setup with German day/month names and umlauts as first Sym-key items. All apps run in English and look like they where designed. All patches for the GUI like the phone menu patches now also work without me modifying them first.
    Great Idea! But it would also be nice to have a infastructure to translate all these GUI patches as well, and having them in preware ...
    Hello!

i have transcription and translation company located in the NY area. We have been providing translation and localization for over 7 years. We are capable of translating into any language you require. our rates are extremely competitive and if you mention PreCentral, I would be willing to provide you with a discount of 10% off the total project. that said my company website is anptranscriptions . com (sorry for the space as it would not let me post my website) if you would like a quote send me a PM and reply with a full quote plus all of my contact info. ALL work is guaranteed...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I translated 2 Apps yesterday from English to German (for free).

I'm at a convention the next 3 Days but if you want me to translate an App into German next Week feel free to contact me at WebOS (at) hendrichs.de. Of course I will do that for free too!!!

On the other Hand I'm looking for someone how can translate my App into French and Spain (You can do this from English or German, whatever is best for you).
    While I normally charge for large translation projects, I'm willing to donate my skills to the webOS community.
    If anyone needs their app translated into Klingon, shoot me an e-mail, naHQun (at) gmail dot com.

Free translations will obviously take a back seat to paying jobs, but I'll do my best to get them out in a reasonable amount of time.

webOS Developer
    !! Attention !!

Please use the transalation services offered here for free (or also paid). After browsing trough our (in the last days rapidly growing) App-Catalog here in Germany, i find many very bad translations (typical automatic ones). The people won't take you serious with this bad localisations.

If you can't translating, please provide the original version of the App to all Countries. Here in germany most people are living a long time with english software. Better original than in bad german or (worst case) not at all.
    Have another problem here.

I made an App, and wait for someone who is looking at the English helptext of this App.
    The text and GUI I translated into English by myself (no Google).
    Want to get it to Palm for reviewing still today but I fear to blame me because of possible bad grammar, spelling etc.

Would someone please have a look at these text in the very next time? Please PM!

Thanks in Advance,
    Joerg

EDIT: Already done.
    Last edited by Robopaul; 05/05/2010 at 05:12 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12