1.    #1  
    I installed the 800MHz and am idling at 29C. My phone feels warm as if i've been playing NFS for an hour. My question is what does the pre at 500MHz run at temperature-wise? and also I'd like to know what other user idle temperatures are averaging at. Thanks in advance
    everything is outstanding for me as of now. Gets warm when charging and using the browser but that is normal. A big thanks for making the 800MHz.
    well my phone always get hot on the charger especially when I'm charging and playing a game so far with the patch everything is good I've been monitoring temp and put it in airplane mode when I go to sleep I'm thinking I might have problems though because my phone used to get SERIOSLY HOT before the patch I never monitored the temp until 800mhz but my phone would get so hot it would leave a red mark on my stomach when watching a movie or playing a game kinda concerned and suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    I installed the 800MHz and am idling at 29C. My phone feels warm as if i've been playing NFS for an hour. My question is what does the pre at 500MHz run at temperature-wise? and also I'd like to know what other user idle temperatures are averaging at. Thanks in advance
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Would a touchstone battery cover be better to help dissipate heat?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Would a touchstone battery cover be better to help dissipate heat?
    you might be onto something here.
    I haven't noticed any higher than normal temps with the 720 MHz kernel. When idle the battery temperature sensor shows 23C usually. I haven't seen it go above 30C yet, but I haven't put it through anything overly rigorous yet.
    if you search for the 800 , 720 thread that has 1.3.5. on it and look through that thread there are a bunch of test results in there from all the testers with the battery comparison from 500.to 720.to 800 . ok!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...?highlight=800

you have to look through the thread to find the test results . but they are in there lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If you want to heat up the phone go into a 1x roaming area and try to download a 3d game, tried that once... got as far as 48c before I stopped it... not good
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    working great for me at 800. I haven't try downloading anything big yet.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post

Im idling at 22C
    Honestly, the only time my phone heats up at 800MHz is when it's on the Touchstone.
    OK, now we are talking!!! I am noticing a HUGE increase in speed. I could really tell a difference in the time it took to load Music (Remix) application and play the first song. Now if I could just identify which of my apps has been causing all the memory leaks, I would be in Pre heaven. Thanks!!!!!

BTW, I installed the 800 MHz patch