Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    The other threads seem to be getting long so I wanted to make a thread solely for discussion of the 600 vs 720MHz patches. I had the 600 installed for a while and my Pre ran great. I just installed the 720 about an hour ago and so far I don't see any noticeable improvements over the 600. Apps seem to load at about the same speed (fairly quick with either patch). I do not have package mgr or Preware installed and only about 4 patches and a theme. Anyone else compare the two?
    did you check to make sure its installed and running?

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Yep it is running. Like I said, app load times seem similar BUT now I'm noticing a big difference with multiple apps open (no lag). That alone is worth it. Also, maybe coincidence but I just opened Sms, pReader, web browser and then was able to load punchout 2, close it and load X plane, close it and load gangstar, etc etc. Almost feels like a RAM upgrade. I used to get the "too many cards error."
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Be cautious when considering which apps you are opening. If it is a web based app or requires web information you are still at the mercy of your connection.

I have been running 720 since early this am and have noted some improvement over the 600 but the difference is not huge. I have verified that 720 is running. Maybe I will try 800 this weekend.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    djmcgee, did you have the too many cards error with the stock Cpu speed/600? If so, can you try to load 3D games and see if they now load?
    ok verified the 800 is up and runnind definitly a difference. The internet connection is great and ince the procesing is quiker its given a speed boost on the connection speed. check out the speed test

1st
    browser_2010-25-03_055713.png

browser_2010-25-03_062351.png
    and the 2nd are the fresh screen shots the the

browser_2010-07-03_094022.png
    3rd and
    browser_2010-07-03_075955.png
    4th are the old
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I did not have problems with the too many cards error prior to this. Also, I had done a new Doctor when 1.4.0 came out (1.2.1 clean to 1.4.0 on doctor). I haven't had any runtime problems since.

3D games (only have asphalt) load and run great.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Let's golf runs amazingly quick, almost no load time...
    man you have been thanked alot Jeff ha ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Running all day and STILL able to load 3D games! First time I'm able to load a game without rebooting.