Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had this patch installed for less than an hour. Phone was in sleep mode with no apps running, went to the other room for 2 mins and when I came back the screen would not turn on, had to pull the battery to get it to come on again(this has never happened to me before). Phone did not feel hot.
    well it does shorten the life of the cpu.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    well it does shorten the life of the cpu.
    40 mins is a pretty short life.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I've had this patch installed for less than an hour. Phone was in sleep mode with no apps running, went to the other room for 2 mins and when I came back the screen would not turn on, had to pull the battery to get it to come on again(this has never happened to me before). Phone did not feel hot.
    That has happened to me twice since 1.4.

I hope it's not from the 800 patch because it feels like a whole new cracked-out phone and I'm loving it!

Please post if you continue to have this issue.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    I wouldn't be to worried... Earlier today my touchscreen started nessing up for the first time ever,and I was like "good thing I didn't instal the patch an hour ago,or I would of been sure its cause of that...
    mine kind of lags at times as well, i think it might be the patches because i went and checked which patches i had installed and it seems that only the apps that have patches(i.e. web, calender, phonebook, etc.) were the only lags even the menumixes i have installed are lagging a little. But everything that doesnt have a patch is pretty much fast.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I can +1 that this has happened to me a couple times also with 1.4 - I wouldn't attribute it to the fact that you just installed the 800mhz patch.

I'm loving the 800, it's so awesome! It's like going from an iPhone 3G to 3GS in my opinion
    I have this running on my Pre and no problems so far. Only lightning fast speed. It feels like this is the way the phone was suppose to run in the first place.
    I second that. It's not the 800mhz patch, it's the 1.4 patch
    I've had this happen a few times since 1.4; it seems to be linked to the whole randon restart issue. I don't have the 800 patch, and I think it's unlikely to be the culprit.
    Really !! Do you need to start a thread titled like that when you don't even know what the problem is ??!! My goodness this is a glitch from 1.4 that alot of people have had happen . My my the patch is only out a couple of hours and you say its fried your phone already and you don't even know if it was the patch that did it. jeez man get a hold of your self. Ha ha ha !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Please mod someone kill this thread please please !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    this is the EXACT reason why caj and uni means when they refer to "trolls suck" ......
    With all due respect shadavis08 the title of the thread is a question...not a statement.

And it is quite possible the patch could have done that to his phone. That's why he asked the question in the first place....

nor was he insulting the patch or the developer....yet you feel the need to bash him...yup...that makes sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    With all due respect shadavis08 the title of the thread is a question...not a statement.

And it is quite possible the patch could have done that to his phone. That's why he asked the question in the first place....

nor was he insulting the patch or the developer....yet you feel the need to bash him...yup...that makes sense...
    no bashing on my part just sayin there no since in posting a thread with that title so I don't see where the bashing is ?? And for that matter I'm not insulting him either . If you feel that way I'm sorry for you. But you know as well as I do people will take the title of the thread outof context when they read it . Don't try to play like I'm some troll when your the one accusing me of something that wasn't in my mind lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    definitely a 1.4 issue. Happens probably once every week or so since the upgrade. Two days after the upgrae I missed an appt. Because of this exact scenario...alarm didn't go off.
    Highly regarded.....even if it's the patch's fault, no one forced you to install it. If you feel it's the patch's fault, then just uninstall it the same way you installed it.....maybe your phone will be fine...i suppose...
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

Question or not there is a whole thread dedicated to this patch in which caj asked that everyone post their stuff there so he can track any issues.
    yup - 1.4 bug- a simple search would have shown that.

Dont know about a thread kill - but at LEAST change the title? more like - "1.4 bug or 800mHz bug?" would be appropriate - yes? OP - can you make this edit?

if anything - i've experienced this bug LESS since the 800mHz patch...
    garbage post...kill thread!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast