Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It took me 5 minutes to install and I'm loving the heck out of it. Used radiotime this morning and my phone seemed to run hotter than normal. We'll see how it goes. So far so good though.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    When I run webosqi, it doesn't see my Pre, "no device detected". I've tried restarting the NovacomD process, disconnecting the Pre and reconnecting, selecting "just charge", nothing works. Must be a simple fix, anyone know? thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    When I run webosqi, it doesn't see my Pre, "no device detected". I've tried restarting the NovacomD process, disconnecting the Pre and reconnecting, selecting "just charge", nothing works. Must be a simple fix, anyone know? thorne
    reboot your computer with phone unplgged then try it again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Reboot didn't help. Checked to ensure I'm in Dev mode... yup. Reinstalled Novacom... no change. thorne
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Fixed "device not found". In this order:

1. unplugged Pre from USB port.
    2. ran webosqi.
    3. selected Device Management which prompted to connect device.
    4. connected Pre to USB and pressed OK.

Viola ! (I'm a musician) webosqi sees Pre. Phew !
    I installed the 800mhz patch last night and at first everything was running very fast. I noticed a few times certain apps would hang for a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds. I also experienced the famous "TMC" message. I then installed TSTOP and that seemed to eliminated that issue. As I left the phone on standby, my screen turned black and became unresponsive. I had to remove the battery to reboot. Things were fine again as I left the phone on overnight. Woke up this morning to an unresponsive phone, again I had to pull the battery. Noticed the battery also drained significantly overnight as well. I had to remove the 800mhz patch for now to see why it's doing this to my phone. I'm trying out the 720mhz patch now, hopefully it'll hold. 720mhz seems to be very responsive and quick. I have the original june 09 released version. I suspect the inconsistent hardware quality is causing my pre to freeze.
    Had 800mhz for about 2 hours. NICeeee. I especially like that the launcher is so smooth now. An even better way to test the speed to to see how responsive the phone is while playing music and Pandora. World of difference.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Ok, so I've been reading through the instructions posted by caj in the other thread on how to install this. Looks like this is not an ipk file, but rather a script. I thought the big holdup we were waiting for was to get an ipk file... am I wrong? Is that still coming?

Second question, in that long mess of instructions he mentions getting the script from his website. Where is that? Why is there no link?
    i've only had 800mhz installed for a few hours and it might be a glitch, but from 100% it went to 80% in 40 mins idle with wifi and cell radio enabled.

anyone else having similar battery life on 800 patch?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Per Battery Monitor, since the patch last night, I have 5.65% drain per hour. Temp at 34 degrees with web browsing and messaging/email apps open at the same time. Still silky smooth and no glitches.
    I've never posted on here before but have been a member for a while. All I have to say is thank you! I installed the patch and I can't believe the speed difference. The entire Precentral Community Rocks! Long live WebOS!
    The Helicopter Game is a lot more fun with this patch. It must run off clock speed. You haul some serious tail now.
    2 Pre's side by side; big speed improvement, especially in processing email accounts. Now I dont feel so compelled to have multiple cards open. This is great!
    hey guys, i rebooted my pre a few times and im getting phenomenal battery life,

over an hour sitting idle data on, i only lost 1%

make sure you reboot if your battery life isn't great!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I have the 720 patch. Listening to a podcast via BT headset and Dr. Podder, playing Punchout 2 (paused right now) AND posting this. My Sprint Pre could never load a game without a reboot, let alone multitask with a 3D game running. Amazing!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    I installed the 800mhz patch last night and at first everything was running very fast. I noticed a few times certain apps would hang for a short period of time, maybe 30 seconds. I also experienced the famous "TMC" message. I then installed TSTOP and that seemed to eliminated that issue. As I left the phone on standby, my screen turned black and became unresponsive. I had to remove the battery to reboot. Things were fine again as I left the phone on overnight. Woke up this morning to an unresponsive phone, again I had to pull the battery. Noticed the battery also drained significantly overnight as well. I had to remove the 800mhz patch for now to see why it's doing this to my phone. I'm trying out the 720mhz patch now, hopefully it'll hold. 720mhz seems to be very responsive and quick. I have the original june 09 released version. I suspect the inconsistent hardware quality is causing my pre to freeze.
    You are not alone. I am having no trouble with the 720 kernel but the 800 froze my phone twice. Required battery pulls to reset. Very very happy with 720 tho. Going to report this for CAJ.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    You are not alone. I am having no trouble with the 720 kernel but the 800 froze my phone twice. Required battery pulls to reset. Very very happy with 720 tho. Going to report this for CAJ.
    the issues your getting have been reported on phones without the kernel patches so.... Maybe its just revealed a glitch lol I don't know??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    read above post lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12