Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering, does anyone know of an application that you can attach to your sound system and stream music from your computer/itunes to your tv? I figure if they can make a remote for itunes, there might be a way to stream music from your computer over your wifi and play through your speakers.
  2. #2  
    I don't understand how your phone would be an airport express from your description or what it has to do with streaming from your computer to your TV. If you want to stream from iTunes to your TV, you do this:

    1. Get an airport express

    2. Get an RCA-to-mini adapter (Amazon.com: 3.5mm 1/8" Mini Plug to 2 RCA Jacks Y Adapter 6 inch: Musical Instruments)

    3. Hook the mini part into the airport express and the rca part into the back of your TV

    Now you can stream music to your TV
  3.    #3  
    I was basically asking if you could use your phone as a music bridge from the computer to the sound system, thus not having to get an airport express, knowing you can send music to pc "using computer speakers to play phone music" i was wondering if it worked the other way, send music to phone to use its jack as a output for music to a sound system
  4. Khidr's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sure, look into ampache mobile or ampachepre set up Ampache on your computer, and the app on your phone.

    Seems like a lot of work, but that should do the trick.
  5. #5  
    yep, ampache mobile is the way to go.
  6.    #6  
    But i want to control it from my laptop, like it want to be listening to itunes....change my song on my laptop and it send that information to the pre which is plugged into the speaker and play the music i am selecting on my laptop any way to do this?
  7. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I don't understand how your phone would be an airport express from your description or what it has to do with streaming from your computer to your TV. If you want to stream from iTunes to your TV, you do this:

    1. Get an airport express

    2. Get an RCA-to-mini adapter (Amazon.com: 3.5mm 1/8" Mini Plug to 2 RCA Jacks Y Adapter 6 inch: Musical Instruments)

    3. Hook the mini part into the airport express and the rca part into the back of your TV

    Now you can stream music to your TV
    hes wanting to know if he can use his pre to do that.....so we dont have to buy more stuff.....unless u want to buy us all an airport express

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  8. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #8  
    i like this idea....then u could go and set ur own music server!!!

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spidee0716 View Post
    But i want to control it from my laptop, like it want to be listening to itunes....change my song on my laptop and it send that information to the pre which is plugged into the speaker and play the music i am selecting on my laptop any way to do this?

    i am sorry but this may sound newbieesh... why not just plug the speakers straight to your laptop?

    I still dont get it. pls explain what you want to do
  10. #10  
    i bought an airport express used for less than $70 over a year ago and they are probably cheaper now.
    was well worth it just for the wifi network with wireless printing--the itunes via the stereo was an added bonus that i started enjoying this year.
    i don't regret that purchase and am not pining for the pre to control the stereo as the storage space on the pre is not big enough for all the music i have.
  11. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #11  
    set up a shoutcast server on your pc, and stream music to your phone through a shoutcast client.

    i can write up a quick tutorial if you want.
  12. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    set up a shoutcast server on your pc, and stream music to your phone through a shoutcast client.

    i can write up a quick tutorial if you want.

    please make a tutorial...

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  13. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #13  
    i cant get win amp to install...

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions