Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    This patch is le...

gen...

wait for it...
    dary.
  3.    #483  
    lol i knew everyone would love these patches MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTIME YOU SEE UNIXPSYCHO OR CAJ2008 IN THE THREADS YOU THANK THEM WITH THE THANKS BUTTON !! OK GUYS AND GIRLS ??!! thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I attempted to install the 700mhz, the output wasn't identical but the phone still rebooted. When I booted the phone its telling me im at 600mhz o_0? I have NOT installed any other patches or overclocks ever.. So why would I be at 600mhz? Im now proceeding to uninstall the 720. Once i've installed it im back down to 500mhz. Once I figure out whats going on ill try and reinstall.

Call me crazy, but I thought the 720 != 600?
    wow you sure have confused me lol what are you saying lol? there is no way in heck you could actually load the 720 patch and it be the 600 patch output . its just not possible lol.

in linux command line type in this and copy it to this thread cat /proc/cpuinfo
    make sure you put space after cat and your good to go ok?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @shadavis08 and @klownicle: the problem can be: did klownicle doctor 1.2 then go straigt to 1.4??

same thing happened to me, you annot get the patch orrectly installed.. You need to dtoctor to 1.3.1 THEN go to 1.4

(1.3.1 adds extra 'special files')

and yes, it showed 600mhz even on a 800patch file, so what klownicle is saying holds true...ive seen it myself
    i'm admittedly an ***** about cpu stuff. this is awesome. i was thinking though, is there a way to use the HDD space to create virtual memory? i have zero songs on my phone (not a huge music fan), so i have a ton of hd space that would be nice to use as virtual memory. any ideas, or is this completely not possible? thanks!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    so when"s the 1000mhz patch coming out J/K ,, thank you all sooo much I've been running the 800 since release and haven't seen any major increase in temps but i am a moderate user not much for a 3D gamer let alone on a phone .... but also just a minor hit in battery life and considering the boost in performance is well worth the slight battery hit

i thought the instructions were very well laid out and easy to follow but could understand others having trouble if they never tried anything like this in the past but once they do it the 1st time its usually EZ from there on out

just wondering if there's a noticeable performance difference between the 720mhz & 800mhz for those that have tried both ... my wife's Pre currently has the 600Mhz patch and I'm debating on the 720 for hers since her Phone already has a Battery issue since the WebOs 1.4 update ...

again thank you to all that made this possible and for all your hard work .. and i apologize if this post is redundant

flew
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    so when"s the 1000mhz patch coming out J/K ,, thank you all sooo much I've been running the 800 since release and haven't seen any major increase in temps but i am a moderate user not much for a 3D gamer let alone on a phone .... but also just a minor hit in battery life and considering the boost in performance is well worth the slight battery hit

i thought the instructions were very well laid out and easy to follow but could understand others having trouble if they never tried anything like this in the past but once they do it the 1st time its usually EZ from there on out

just wondering if there's a noticeable performance difference between the 720mhz & 800mhz for those that have tried both ... my wife's Pre currently has the 600Mhz patch and I'm debating on the 720 for hers since her Phone already has a Battery issue since the WebOs 1.4 update ...

again thank you to all that made this possible and for all your hard work .. and i apologize if this post is redundant

flew
    the difference btween the 720 and 800 is 1/2 a sec. to 1 sec. in app open times on average its not alot that why i use the 720 it works good for me !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    thanks ... I'll continue the 800 and bump my Wife's Pre to 720 .. i hope the 1.4.1 update takes care of her battery issue as well

i just cant thank you guys enough and hope Palm & WebOs is here to stay & precentral Rocks
    ok, its not out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i'm admittedly an ***** about cpu stuff. this is awesome. i was thinking though, is there a way to use the HDD space to create virtual memory? i have zero songs on my phone (not a huge music fan), so i have a ton of hd space that would be nice to use as virtual memory. any ideas, or is this completely not possible? thanks!
    /media/internal is the only realistic option. /media/ramdisk will give you the same in RAM but be prepared to pay the piper.

Cheers, Steve
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425