Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden1779 View Post
    If you are going to personally attack me, at least pay attention to what I'm saying man... I get that it takes a long time for coding and whatnot. I'm just wondering why the 1.3.5.1 version of the overclock came out after 1.4 was out.
    It was dated 3/13 because caj2008 updated the original thread post containing info about the new 720/800 kernals for webOS 1.4 oh and Jonathan Ezor, i think thas how you spell it, even wrote about the overclocking patchs etc. in this post on the main precentral page a few weeks ago read the 6th paragraph:

http://www.precentral.net/rapid-deve...ways-speed-pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden1779 View Post
    Dude, this is probably a hoax... Why hasnt it been covered on the precentral main page? Can you really overclock a chip by 33% with no effect on battery life? Is it even possible to overcock this much? And why did it shift from the developer having family trouble to Jason having trouble with the IPK? I really hope I'm wrong because I've beed trolling this forum all day. But, here it is 1130 and no news whatsoever. I think we've been had. Back to the hookah talk. Thats the only interesting thing we are gonna get tonight. Cuss.
    Just to clarify, it is NOT a hoax

In did indeed have trouble packing the ipk files. It ended up being a Windows endline issue (the "enter" key creates a different character in Windows than it does it Linux; I'm on Windows, Pre is Linux, you can see the issue). I've fixed the issue a few min ago and sent the 4 ipk files (550, 600, 720, and 800) to main guys.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll be doing a release announcement front page post once it's out
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    dude read my first post on this thread on page 22
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

In did indeed have trouble packing the ipk files. It ended up being a Windows endline issue (the "enter" key creates a different character in Windows than it does it Linux; I'm on Windows, Pre is Linux, you can see the issue). I've fixed the issue a few min ago and sent the 4 ipk files (550, 600, 720, and 800) to main guys.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll be doing a release announcement front page post once it's out
    You sir, are the man!
    well, if there was any doubt (only 1 person here), you've heard it from the man. If Jason says so, it is.
    Is it sad that I feel kind of honored to be quoted? Thanks Jason. For all you do.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    lmao, loving the Fight Club references, but honestly all a big "hoax" are you kidding me? lol
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html

Once again, you are my hero! As well as the people who put this all together! I just got home from work and was hoping to install....I"ll wait up a bit and hope it happens. Oh, by the way...congrats on the Gold Medal in hockey (dammit, lol!)...what a great game, eh?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

does that mean you have an idea of an ETA? youve sent the ipks...how much is left to be done? or mostly just compilation?
    I think someone should thank me for causing enough controversy to get an official comment...

who wants to chip in to buy him a second computer so we can avoid this problem in the future? how bout just a spare harddrive so he can dual boot without worrying about space issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    does that mean you have an idea of an ETA? youve sent the ipks...how much is left to be done? or mostly just compilation?
    i believe all that's left for them to do is make sure everything is in order and post the source code on a repo to meet the Linux kernel's GPL status

Though I've been wrong before, they may wanna do testing of the ipk release first
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    So....not tonight than. Can't imagine they could test in 30 minutes and post.
    i believe all that's left for them to do is make sure everything is in order and post the source code on a repo to meet the Linux kernel's GPL status

Though I've been wrong before, they may wanna do testing of the ipk release first
    it must feel great to finally have finished the project. tons of work, and its down to the last (hopefully) round of testing
    Thanks Jason for all that you do!
    WHERE IS IT? HE SAID IT WOULD BE OUT TODAY (as in Wednesday!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    WHERE IS IT? HE SAID IT WOULD BE OUT TODAY (as in Wednesday!)
    Do we even deserve this patch? I can't imagine working on something like this and seeing such rabid reaction online. I would give up. I wouldn't want to share anymore. I definitely would think twice about ever helping people out again without charging money. There are many people here who don't value the time of these volunteers.

We all want this patch yesterday. Calm down. I am grateful that Jeff and Marco are going to lengths to make sure we don't all brick our phones. I'm also glad that they haven't given up, and that some time in the future I will be able to overclock my Pre just so it can run faster.
    See you all in the morning, hopefully with good news.
    plese, dont start that here....this is where i go to get away from that
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimobile View Post
    plese, dont start that here....this is where i go to get away from that
    sorry i didn't mean to start a political debate, about which party is right, i just wanted to see if he really thinks he should be thanked.. Deleted my post, cause your right, i don't want to have a huge political debate... (well i do, but not here)