Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Give it to me NOW! = )
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden1779 View Post
    Dude, this is probably a hoax... Why hasnt it been covered on the precentral main page? Can you really overclock a chip by 33% with no effect on battery life? Is it even possible to overcock this much? And why did it shift from the developer having family trouble to Jason having trouble with the IPK? I really hope I'm wrong because I've beed trolling this forum all day. But, here it is 1130 and no news whatsoever. I think we've been had. Back to the hookah talk. Thats the only interesting thing we are gonna get tonight. Cuss.
    The only thing "right" you said in that whole thing was you were trolling the forum.

This is clearly not a hoax, it was released for 1.3.5.1... This is just an update for 1.4

K
    Dude, this is probably a hoax... Why hasnt it been covered on the precentral main page? Can you really overclock a chip by 33% with no effect on battery life? Is it even possible to overcock this much? And why did it shift from the developer having family trouble to Jason having trouble with the IPK? I really hope I'm wrong because I've beed trolling this forum all day. But, here it is 1130 and no news whatsoever. I think we've been had. Back to the hookah talk. Thats the only interesting thing we are gonna get tonight. Cuss.
    ugh oh...now youve got me concerned about april 1st...i dont think i will even check the site....because if i do...i will probably believe whatever prank pc comes up with
    what's kinda crazy is after seeing that 800mhz video on youtube I actually didn't really see a dramatic speed improvement like many have boasted...

and also...when it comes to the release I actually didn't wait on this forum all day because the Dev said "Late" tonight....and yet people still spent their day trolling for this.....Why? Lol
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    They've said this will come out in 2 different setups. One IPK and one .sh...if I remember right.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's only 8:38 here in California. I have 3 hours and 22 minutes left. bwhahahahahahaha. Oh damn, it's 8:39, now it's cut down to 3 hours and 21 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by engine101 View Post
    They've said this will come out in 2 different setups. One IPK and one .sh...if I remember right.
    Its either-or. Maybe 2 different methods of installation, but the 2 steps won't include installing an IPK and command lining a .sh
    Like I said, i hope Im wrong. How about this... I'm sure there are alot of people here that had the old version installed before the OS update right? Who had the old version of the overclock and how did it work for you under 1.3.5.1?
    And why did the overclock for 1.3.5.1 come out after 1.4 was out? It was posted 3/13. Two weeks after 1.4 was out. I am very close to formally declaring shenanigans.
    Last edited by Tylerdurden1779; 03/24/2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: mistype...
    why is caj2008 MIA
    And why did the overclock for 1.3.5.1 come out after 1.4 was out? It was posted 3/13. Two weeks after 1.4 was out. I am very close to formally declaring shenanigans.
    That's because you're clueless. They have to basically do an entirely new version of the kernel to get the chip to work at those speeds.

It's really a massive undertaking being done by a small number of people.

Then, when Palm modifies what they use in a webOS update, the work has to be started all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    why is caj2008 MIA
    family problem read through this thread please before posting.
    If you are going to personally attack me, at least pay attention to what I'm saying man... I get that it takes a long time for coding and whatnot. I'm just wondering why the 1.3.5.1 version of the overclock came out after 1.4 was out.
    read through 21 pages or briefly ask.....hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    family problem read through this thread please before posting.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If you are going to personally attack me, at least pay attention to what I'm saying man... I get that it takes a long time for coding and whatnot. I'm just wondering why the 1.3.5.1 version of the overclock came out after 1.4 was out.
    Gonna go ahead and guess that it's easier to test and develop on a version of the software you have vs one that's not out yet. Just saying.

Once it was done and working for 1.3.5 why not release it as an option for those that are making a decision not to upgrade?
    because obviously it was being worked on long before 1.4 was out...it wasnt done...and it was finished because it had a lot of work put into it and would probably make further versions easier to code. you wernt being personally attacked...you just seem a little clueless as to how much work is actually being done.
    Yeah it's a big hoax....it's all part of "Project Mayhem".....and they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for for you meddling kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    Yeah it's a big hoax....it's all part of "Project Mayhem".....and they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for for you meddling kids!
    shh...have you forgotten rule #1?
    COPS is over....you guys are going crazy....and I'm going to bed

TO BED I SAID!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    COPS is over....you guys are going crazy....and I'm going to bed

TO BED I SAID!!!
    haha, im watching cops too...about 20 mins behind tho