Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I just uninstalled the 600mhz patch, so I can't do nothing for a half hour anyway....hope its out in 30 min =)
    gheez, here we go again, another anticipation thread: 800mhz patch

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Hahaha I know sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    EVERYONE IT IS OUT!!!!!

1.4 i mean.
    Very funny jerk lol.
    un tiss un tiss un tiss baby
    caj just made a post he said he will do his best to release patch tonight!

post is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2329283
    I uninstalled my 600mhz about 10mins ago and shut off my phone. Im just waiting for that thread..so i can turn the phone back on
    I installed the 600mhz patch using this commandline:

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

When I try to uninstall using:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr

I get an error saying: mv: cannot rename 'LunaSysMgr.orig': No such file or directory

When I tried sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall, and then restart, I still show 6000

I would appreciate any help in removing this patch so I can install the 800. Thanks
    im going to fire up my hookah while i wait haha.. that will give me some patience
    Looks like Caj has some family issues at home. I hope he's doing okay, and we should all just relax and be patient. It might come out tonight, but it might not.
    I'm having trouble uninstalling the 600mhz patch... If I use WebOS doctor to do a clean install of 1.4, will this successfully remove the patch and not cause any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by ngirardi View Post
    I'm having trouble uninstalling the 600mhz patch... If I use WebOS doctor to do a clean install of 1.4, will this successfully remove the patch and not cause any problems?
    Yes it will. For those having trouble, open the linux commandline in webosqi and type:

sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh uninstall

That should be all you need to do to uninstall it
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Yes it will. For those having trouble, open the linux commandline in webosqi and type:

That should be all you need to do to uninstall it

I installed the patch using the command line not by sending the patch via Quick Install. When I try to uninstall using:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin

I get an error saying: mv: cannot rename 'LunaSysMgr.orig': No such file or directory
    I installed the patch using the command line not by sending the patch via Quick Install. When I try to uninstall using:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin

This is pretty much telling you that the file is not there...i suppose.

run that command to see if you're running on 600mhz....
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 134105
    550000 1330
    500000 1236
    250000 0
    125000 0
    600000 134105
    550000 1330
    500000 1236
    250000 0
    125000 0
    So its still there. Just doctor it and then run the command again to see if its still running at 600mhz. I would say use

either way. Atleast just to confirm how you installed it. It doesnt hurt to try..or reinstalling it with the patch and Webos QI and then use the uninstall command. Maybe the patch will overwrite the old version you have on.
    that worked for me
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjrtile View Post
    that worked for me
    What worked for you?
    I would think WebOS Repair Utility would fix this....but not positive. Anyone with more knowledge of WOS Repair program feel free to yay or nay this....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

hey all you guys anxiously waiting come on over and check this thread out and just say what you guys are all doin while waiting for this kernal to launch. Or at least post something entertaining, I did. Just something to help pass the time but just come and chat or whatever. Check out what I posted it's hilarious. Snyways heres the link to the forums:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2329561