1.    #1  
    When I click the palm emulator it just makes a command prompt pop up for like a second and nothing happens. Is this because im using windows 7?
  2. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    that happened to me at first, too. but it was because java didn't install right.

when you open the command prompt and type

Code:
    java -version
    does it give an error, or do you get information about your java install?
  3.    #3  
    It doesnt recognize it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattforill View Post
    It doesnt recognize it
    Then you have not installed Java or it's installed but the environment variables are not set.
    If you have not installed Java you need to do it first. If you want to develop Java application you need the "JDK" (Java Development Kit). If you only want to run Java application you only need the "JRE" (Java Runtime Edition).
    Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)

If you have installed Java (see list of installed apps) you have to do the following
    1.) Add a variable "JAVA_HOME" pointing to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6" (or where the JRE can be found on your system.
    2.) Modify the "PATH" setting (this variable is already there) and add "%JAVA_HOME%\bin;"
    Make sure there is a ";" before the the "%JAVA_HOME%\bin;".
    The ";" char is used to separate each path-information from another.

As I don't have an english Windows7 I can't help you to get to the dialog to add/change those settings but here is a page describing it:
    How to Add, Remove or Edit Environment variables in Windows 7?
    Juergen
  5.    #5  
    Thank you so much.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    When I start my Emulator, my extra hard drive won't mount automatically. I have to type mount -a every time ....even though it is set up properly in fstab

help.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
  7. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i was able to get it up and running by just uninstalling java from the control panel and reinstalling it again.