Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    i just got my pre about 2 weeks ago and i am thinking about installing preware. i read the instructions on how to install it so i think i am ok on that. what i am concerned about is i am hearing alot of threads with people having problems with there phones. i really havent had any issues except for the time change bug. are the issues b/c of patches or is everything safe? also if something does go wrong can i just doctor my phone and it will be back to default like when it came from the store? one more haha. when a new update comes out for webos can i just download and install it or do i have to uninstall everything first? thanks for all your help :-).
    I am running 30+ patches and have no ill effects and with all of the post 1.4 patches you do not have to remove them before an update. Themes are another issue and yes, you have to remove them before updates and some users have had issues with themes. If things do go wrong for some reason you can doctor your phone back to stock, welcome to precentral!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    :-) thanks alot. i do not plan on using themes so i dont care about that. it was more for patches. i came from windows mobile and if you did something to the OS and it caused it not boot your phone has a good chance of being bricked.
    Also, if you have a problem with an individual patch, the chances are that you will be able to remove that one alone, without needing to Doctor your phone.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Without webOS QI and Preware, I wouldn't have a Pre anymore.

It's a whole new phone. More useful (patches), , better looking, (themes), and interesting, (homebrew software).