Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I developed a service that runs perfectly in an emulator, however on a real Palm Pre, it fails with the error below...

/usr/bin/luna-helper 'luna://com.palm.vm/launch' '{"serviceName":"com.tntservices.ppbkuservice","className":"com.tntservices.ppbkuservice.PPBkuServic e"}'

(process:3642): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in base.c:538

(process:3642): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory LUNASERVICE ERROR -1: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory (LSRegisterPubPriv @ base.c:538)
    I checked for the file '/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket' on the Pre and it doesn't exist. only /var/run exists and it's empty.

I tried to cp this file from the emulator to the Pre but apparently it's a system file and won't let me.

Need some help on this one. Just about ready to release the BAckup app, except for some code clean up.....now I got to deal with this.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Okay sorry.... I hadn't noticed....the Pre had locked up despite my being SSH'd into it and using it to tether no less.

I rebooted to access the UI and the directory /var/run/dbus and file 'system_bus_socket' re-appeared.

The service is now working....

....and...

I sucessfully backed up my phone and restored it to the emulator. Retained all contacts, call logs, msgng conversations, tasks, memos, auto-replace text, email and calendar account information as well as thumbnail pix for contacts and messaging.

Bookmarks are not showing up in the emulator though. However, when I inspect the browser database, I see the records for all my bookmarks. Not sure if that is a Emulatore problem and if that problem will be repeated on a doctored phone. Not ready to doctor my phone just yet.

Will be looking for some testers in a day or so...

...gonna do some code clean-up.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!