1.    #1  
    This is bugging me so much! Any help please?
    Where is the problem? I did it round about 24 hours ago (Ubuntu 9.10 AMD64) using the description Palm posted on the SDK download location.
    All you need is there!

I used Virtual Box 3.1.x which is officially not supported. There is a general network problem but beside that it works perfectly. I just updated the package (2010-03-19) to fix two issues.
    I added the Virtual Box 3.1.x support myself as you can read here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2315434
    Last edited by magog96; 03/22/2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Enough posts to add a real link..
    Juergen
  3.    #3  
    I used the directions on the palm site, they did not work. I installed the i83-libs and what not, but when i go to install the .deb package, it tells me its the wrong architecture.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Check the instructions again, paying special attention to the 64 bit part.

Quote Originally Posted by developer.palm.com
    If you are installing on a 64-bit system, perform the following additional step before installation:

sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb
    sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture palm-novacom_1.0.51_i386.deb
  5.    #5  
    I did do that, it says it cant find the directory
  6.    #6  
    Code:
    dpkg: error processing palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb (--install):
     cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb
    Thats what it gives me...I dont know whats going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by techobsessive View Post
    Code:
    dpkg: error processing palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb (--install):
     cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb
    Thats what it gives me...I dont know whats going on.
    LOL...I think I know the problem...

You should first download the files using your webbrowser.
    Just click on the big buttons unter the headline "5. Install the Palm webOS SDK for Linux".
    Then open a command line window, go to the directory where the files are and then call the install commands.
    Juergen
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by magog96 View Post
    LOL...I think I know the problem...

You should first download the files using your webbrowser.
    Just click on the big buttons unter the headline "5. Install the Palm webOS SDK for Linux".
    Then open a command line window, go to the directory where the files are and then call the install commands.
    Ha-Ha. Im not a complete noob. Im not an *****, i did download the files, opened the directory and followed the command, but it still tells me that its the wrong architecture. What the heckk
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The --force-architecture is required to suppress the "wrong architecture" error you're seeing. If that's throwing the error you mentioned then try a few things:
    1. From a terminal type "ls -l" before executing the "sudo dpkg -i..." command make sure the file you want is in your directory.
    2. Once you've verified the file's there, execute "chmod a+r palm-sdk_1.4.0-svn263907-sdk1428-pho420_i386.deb" or whatever the file name is. Then try running the install command again.

You should at the very least get a different error message after following these steps (assuming that none of the above steps failed)...
    Quote Originally Posted by techobsessive View Post
    Ha-Ha. Im not a complete noob. Im not an *****, i did download the files, opened the directory and followed the command, but it still tells me that its the wrong architecture. What the heckk
    Sorry, but when I saw "cannot access archive: No such file or directory" error message in the post this pretty much looked like you didn't download the file or you are in the wrong directory.
    I did install it last week on Ubuntu v9.10 (AMD64) and the instructions did work for me.
    Juergen